Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
HankMarvin

James Tarkowski

2 hours ago, Sunbury Fox said:

Not keen at all on this one. Just not convinced he'll be able to transition to a ball playing team that play a high line. Would prefer we went for a younger promising CB or gave Benko a chance.

He’s very comfortable on the ball. It’s just that Burnley don’t play that way.

• Like 4

Just skimmed through 9 pages of posts. Our fans have decided for Burnley that after pg 3/4 that the price should be progressively lowered in 10 mil increments. Now we're at 20mil and I'm sure Dyche really appreciates the effort. Sounds like nothing has changed. Still 50 and I pray its still no. Did I miss something. Maybe I should leave now before the depression hits.

2 hours ago, lcfc_forever said:

Finished the season top out of all Premier League defenders in blocked shots (47), clearances (200), headed clearances (111) and aerials won (199) according to Opta. 

Fofana has more potential but Tarkowski would be a quality signing for us that could hit the ground running. 

You'll find that throughout the years Burnley defenders have always featured highly on these metrics, because their style of play means that they need to make a lot more clearances, blocked shots, etc. So it doesn't actually show much that he has these stats. Keane had similarly fantastic stats and has been mediocre at Everton.

• Like 2

25 minutes ago, Nicolo Barella said:

It's not about being comfortable on the ball. Can he defend well in a high line? If he doesn't have the pace, I'd be suspicious.

He’s at least as quick as Evans. I’m not saying we should sign him, I’m just saying he does have qualities.

I don’t watch overseas football so I can’t compare him against other potential signings I’m just saying he’s good.

1 hour ago, ealingfox said:

I mean if he's genuinely going for around 20m our hat should be in the ring really. The 50m+ that was touted before was pretty unreasonable but his numbers check out and he's good enough to compete for a place in the starting 11.

But he's not going for around £20m. The Percy article says a bid of around £20m with big add-ons has been turned down.

So if Burnley are turning down a bid of  £25m to £30m it would probably take a £30m+ bid to be successful, which is overpriced IMO.

Better value to be found elsewhere.

56 minutes ago, Blue Fox 72 said:

But he's not going for around £20m. The Percy article says a bid of around £20m with big add-ons has been turned down.

So if Burnley are turning down a bid of  £25m to £30m it would probably take a £30m+ bid to be successful, which is overpriced IMO.

Better value to be found elsewhere.

I don't disagree, I'd go up to 30m or if we're really in for Fofana I'd go for him instead. But i think we do need to bring in a CB.

• Like 1

18 minutes ago, Dan LCFC said:

I'm sceptical about buying Burnley defenders. Look how good Michael Keane looked for them and he's extremely ordinary.

And yet somehow Keane is still a regular in the England squad, and even more astonishingly is quite often a starter.

England have a squad with great potential but with our defensive weaknesses and Southgate as manager I fear the potential will not be fulfilled.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Spiritwalker said:

He’s at least as quick as Evans. I’m not saying we should sign him, I’m just saying he does have qualities.

I don’t watch overseas football so I can’t compare him against other potential signings I’m just saying he’s good.

Yeah that's true that he could work, it's just a bit of a gamble. Without pace, you need a really refined sense of positioning and at Burnley Tarkowski would never really have had to use his positioning much.

Guest Markyblue

We moan about what clubs like Burnley want for their assets and want 80 million for slab head and chilwell,  priceless. 😂