Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
HankMarvin

James Tarkowski

9 minutes ago, UpTheLeagueFox said:

There's too much attitude from our fans on here and elsewhere re:

"We're massive"

"We've got to be better than buying from teams like Burnley"

etc etc

Aim high yes, but with some realism thrown in

I’d be very happy to sign James T. I thought Castagne could cover well at CB but I don’t believe that’s accurate, this guy would be ideal. Even at £30m I think it’s a better defence than last season with the two additions, whilst staying at approx £0 net spend.

2 minutes ago, Walkers said:

Why are people suddenly enthusiastic? It's a bid around 20m with big adds on, probably looking around 30m, and it was rejected so clearly not enough for Burnley

30m far too much for Tarkowski imo. An average player, playing for an average side in Burnley who can't get in the England side ahead of average players like Michael Keane. Given his age little to no imporvement or sell on in him also. Far better value to be found on the conitnent imo.

• Like 4

2 minutes ago, Muzzy_Larsson said:

30m far too much for Tarkowski imo. An average player, playing for an average side in Burnley who can't get in the England side ahead of average players like Michael Keane. Given his age little to no imporvement or sell on in him also. Far better value to be found on the conitnent imo.

POTENTIALLY far better players on the continent. 

You pay a premium on experience in the EPL. He's proven himself in a team that surrender the ball alot. 

Edited by Foxy_Bear
  • Like 2

6 minutes ago, Sunbury Fox said:

Not keen at all on this one. Just not convinced he'll be able to transition to a ball playing team that play a high line. Would prefer we went for a younger promising CB or gave Benko a chance.

It could be that he's a bit restricted playing for Burnley. I remember someone on here saying last summer that he was pretty good on the ball when at Brentford.

Just now, st albans fox said:

He won’t come here unless he thinks he will be first choice and he wouldn’t be if we play a two 

He’d be playing next week if he signed and would have 3 games to cement his place with Evans suspended.

Just now, Foxy_Bear said:

POTENTIALLY fat better players on the continent. 

You pay a premium on experience in the EPL. He's proven himself in a team that surrender the ball alot. 

Yeah and you guys are the opposite of that, a side that play a high percentage possession game.

I get every signing on the continent isn't going to be as successful as Soyuncu but he embodies the model that works for Leicester, almost half the price of Tarkowski but more than twice the player.

• Like 3

1 minute ago, Muzzy_Larsson said:

Also remember he left Brentford on pretty poor terms. The sort of player our fans turn their nose up at

• Like 1

Just now, stu said:

He’d be playing next week if he signed and would have 3 games to cement his place with Evans suspended.

he would but when Evans is fit, he would expect to get back .......and whilst competition is healthy, we could end up causing an issue with jonnys contract renewal..... a young player like fofana will come and expect to play an understudy role, especially in his first season  - an Evans or tarkowski want to play every important game 

• Like 3

44 minutes ago, dbtcity said:

I’d be surprised if we weren’t in the mix if he’s available at that price

Over the age of 26, little sell on value. Would be very very suprised. If we dont sign a single player from the premier league this summer I wouldnt be disappointed, there won't be much value. The perez transfer was a one off as he had a release clause (and ut wasn't 30m straight up). Also, bearing in mind west ham's horrendous transfer dealing it wouldnt suprise me if he wasn't available.

Edited by Abrasive fox

Personally think we should look elsewhere.

I’m not doubting he’d be a good rotation option with all the games we’ll have this season, but he’s 28 in a couple of months, so even just a 3 year contract takes him to pretty much 31, which is an age where there would be little to no resale value.

At £28m, which is the region that the fee will get to by the time it’s accepted, plus add-ons aswell, that’s a lot of money for us, for a centre back, that we’ll get no money back from.

I’m not against him as a player, and would support him in the side, but financially, there must be better deals to be had.

• Like 1

44 minutes ago, Muzzy_Larsson said:

Yeah and you guys are the opposite of that, a side that play a high percentage possession game.

I get every signing on the continent isn't going to be as successful as Soyuncu but he embodies the model that works for Leicester, almost half the price of Tarkowski but more than twice the player.

You could argue though that Soyncu is only as good as he has been because he has Evans beside him. Benkovic and Tarkowski could be a very good pair for rotation.