Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
HankMarvin

James Tarkowski

3 minutes ago, happy85 said:

John percy has quoted to say Leicester will be going back in and £35 M + will do it. 

very reliable source ex West Ham employee said tark is Faking the toe injury. 

Ex West Ham employee said doesn’t want to go West Ham 

alan Nixon said this morning Burnley going after cook. 

Ex West Ham & percy & alan Nixon are very reliable people 

Also my chap I know told me 2 weeks ago tark is coming to Leicester 

This is basically done

Sweet.  Thanks for the info mi duck 🦆 

3 minutes ago, happy85 said:

John percy has quoted to say Leicester will be going back in and £35 M + will do it. 

very reliable source ex West Ham employee said tark is Faking the toe injury. 

Ex West Ham employee said doesn’t want to go West Ham 

alan Nixon said this morning Burnley going after cook. 

Ex West Ham & percy & alan Nixon are very reliable people 

Also my chap I know told me 2 weeks ago tark is coming to Leicester 

This is basically done

Not sure its basically done....but it sounds like its likely to happen. Would be even more interesting if we line up as a 352 today 😜

• Like 2

2 hours ago, peach0000 said:

Yep and that's why they are happy finishing 17th or above every season. Ambition costs money.

It does.  But bearing in mind the sort of money Leicester have spent and the sort of money Burnley have spent over the past 4 years that we've coincided in the PL, and bearing mind that Leicester's extra spend has been worth 4 points a season and that we#ve each had one European qualification, I doubt Burnley are going to try and compete on spending with Leicester.

10 minutes ago, dsr-burnley said:

It does.  But bearing in mind the sort of money Leicester have spent and the sort of money Burnley have spent over the past 4 years that we've coincided in the PL, and bearing mind that Leicester's extra spend has been worth 4 points a season and that we#ve each had one European qualification, I doubt Burnley are going to try and compete on spending with Leicester.

Yes a bit condescending by our lot here - despite some cynicism on here I think Burnley’s model for size of town, support, infrastructure and investment is incredible. A true northern town which is punching way above its weight and we are lucky to have the investment we have had over the past 10 years to be competing at the top end.

Back on topic Tark would be a great signing for now and we need to improve the first 18 which he definitely does!

• Like 3

21 minutes ago, Fox92 said:

Thanks @STUHILL for laughing at that post of mine. After today I say it again, Evans is class and twice the player of Tarkowski.  

Just thought though, I liked that formation today so I'd happily take:

Ricardo -- Tarkowski -- Evans -- Soyuncu -- Cascagne

• Like 4

35 minutes ago, Fox92 said:

Thanks @STUHILL for laughing at that post of mine. After today I say it again, Evans is class and twice the player of Tarkowski.  

Evans is the best central defender we have ever had. That is some honor as well as he beats Elliot, Walsh, Huth, Maguire, Taggart, Morgan etc. 

But he's not twice the player of tawkowski, who is a very good Premier league defender. 

• Like 2

Guest Markyblue
2 hours ago, dsr-burnley said:

You have no need to defend Burnley at all, its a great  success story in its own right, much bigger clubs have been out the premier league for years. I like tarks and would welcome him, hard for you but everyone loses good players its the nature of the game, we should know.

2 hours ago, dsr-burnley said:

My point (maybe badly put across) was to a guy who was suggesting we shouldn't sign tarkowski because burnley would replace him for 4 million pounds from the championship. My point was that you get what you pay for. I have respect for burnley and all they've done (better than most) but financially we are on another level (like 'the big six' are to us) we are in a position to splash on an expensive CB and I think we should if we can, I'd prefer that than getting Dawson or Cook. No disrespect intended towards burnley at all.

Tarkowski was subject to a second bid in the transfer window from Leicester on Friday, a club who tried hard to sign him last summer. The offer, which is understood to have been around £30 million plus add-ons, was swiftly rejected by Burnley. The Athletic understands that there was a first made by Leicester earlier this month of around £25 million plus add ons.

19 minutes ago, happy85 said:

Tarkowski was subject to a second bid in the transfer window from Leicester on Friday, a club who tried hard to sign him last summer. The offer, which is understood to have been around £30 million plus add-ons, was swiftly rejected by Burnley. The Athletic understands that there was a first made by Leicester earlier this month of around £25 million plus add ons.

Forget Tarkowski. To expensive and for that kind of money we can do a lot better strengthening else where.

• Like 3