Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
HankMarvin

James Tarkowski

1 hour ago, GingerrrFox said:

I don’t want Tarkowski. He’s never played in a side that demands the level of footballing ability that we ask from our centre backs, that combined with his age and the figure being touted gives me a bad feeling about this potential transfer. It’s a massive no from me. 

He was terrific at Brentford, where he was required to pass the ball and set up transitions. That’s what got him the attention. He’s very comfortable with the ball, it’s not his fault he currently plays in a low block and he’s asked to launch it to beat the press. 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, themightyfin said:

Maybe we do need someone who can come in for Evans now. Especially if Evans is not going to sign a new contract.  

I'd be amazed if he didn't sign a new deal. His family are settled in the midlands and we pay him 80k a week, which he won't better anywhere else without surrendering his status in the first team.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Ric Flair said:

I'd be amazed if he didn't sign a new deal. His family are settled in the midlands and we pay him 80k a week, which he won't better anywhere else without surrendering his status in the first team.

We may not be offering him that salary on his next deal ??

he got 80k/week together with a nice s/o fee because we bought him for a song from West Brom ...

2 minutes ago, st albans fox said:

he got 80k/week together with a nice s/o fee because we bought him for a song from West Brom ...

To me he's worth every penny. Our defence is so much better and well organised when Evans plays.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Jon the Hat said:

Laporte is being sent to Benfica, Walker of the penalty at the weekend who has played his way out of the England squad?  Yeah ok. :)

Walker is one of the best right backs of the last decade and has helped man city win trophy after trophy after trophy. Laporte going to Benfica? Are you sure? He's world class when fit!

52 minutes ago, JonnyBoy said:

no thanks for Tarkowski. He has played for Burnley for years he isn't going to be that next step to get us top 4 regularly. He is the defenders equivalent of Zaha 

I don't think we should mark him down for playing at Burnley - Vardy was at Fleetwood at a similar age. Can be a good grounding - I think he is a decent player and might have been in the England Squad earlier at a bigger club

Edited by Edingleyfox

1 minute ago, peach0000 said:

Walker is one of the best right backs of the last decade and has helped man city win trophy after trophy after trophy. Laporte going to Benfica? Are you sure? He's world class when fit!

Ah no i take it back, Otamendi going the other way, which makes more sense!!

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

53 minutes ago, MGLCFC said:

To me he's worth every penny. Our defence is so much better and well organised when Evans plays.

Even if the wages are too high and we're considering phasing him out of the 1st team, get him his coaching badges and keep him as a player coach.

Rodgers already calls him a coach on the pitch, make it official.

1 hour ago, st albans fox said:

Our experienced first choice players continue to get pay rises, so I would be very surprised if we took Evans for granted and tried to get him to take a pay cut. Vardy and Schmeichel are both on £100-150k a week. 

Maybe we don't want to go all in on a 3+ year deal at that amount but Rodgers regards him as our most important defender.

21 minutes ago, CrispinLA in Texas said:

Everyone also thought Michael Keane was great at Burnley but was found out at Everton. Defenders stats always look good when Burnley ply with 11 men behind the ball. Keane was rubbish the first few years at Everton playing to different system

To be fair, the system Everton were playing at the time was "stand back and give them a clear run".

• Haha 1