Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
HankMarvin

James Tarkowski

We're one injury away from having a 94 year old Morgan or a very fragile Benko as first choice. Unless an unproven Amartey steps up.

We need an extra CB even if we don't play 3 at the back. Tark would add strength and depth to the squad. 

It's not as exciting as the longer term potential of little Wes, but we need someone over the line before next Monday. If we fall short of paying silly money I wouldn't even be averse to a loan deal somewhere but, if we put the money issue to one side, Tark definitely improves our squad. 

• Haha 1

1 minute ago, talking_goldfish said:

I don't doubt he will be a good signing for us, but at that price it seems like they've had our pants down for what will effectively be a rotation player with Evans you would assume.

I guess we just need to look at our transfer dealings as a whole. We really have had complete bargains over the past two or three seasons. 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, talking_goldfish said:

I don't doubt he will be a good signing for us, but at that price it seems like they've had our pants down for what will effectively be a rotation player with Evans you would assume.

For now, maybe.

Evans won’t last forever, but maybe the more pressing concern is that Cags maybe destined for bigger, and better things in due course.

Getting this business done early is quite prudent if you take that into consideration 

I mean, it's maybe a little more than I would like to pay even though he is absolutely worth the money to Burnley at least but I'm just at the point were I really want a quality CB through the door (which I truly believe he is) and the closer we get to deadline day the more nervous I'm getting and potentially the higher the price will climb so I just want us to get it done. 

• Like 1

Think part of this inflated fee is us needing bodies back there. Gonna be a lot of games this season so there will be some rotation and we don't have much time to get someone in. Think that makes it worth it.

Player himself knows the league well, so shouldn't need as much settling time and definitely improves the squad. It's not a sexy signing but that doesn't mean it's a bad one.

Edited by Number 6

The Mail is usually a shite source but Tom Collomosse took Laurie Whitwell's job as Midlands sports reporter and Adrian Kajumba is usually decent.

Wouldn't have two journos of that standard writing a throwaway bollocks article IMO.

Having said that, I'd be amazed if the club did any more incoming business than a CB, with Slimani, Silva and Ghezzal all needing to go in the next 7 days too.

1 minute ago, CrispinLA in Texas said:

Just been looking at the Burnley forum and their fans just want to get rid of him cos his heads been turned and he's been on strike. They reckon we going to get rinsed.

We need a CB desperately. Burnley know we need a CB desperately. We are going to get rinsed.

But Tarks has PL experience, is in the prime of his career and is a very good player. The sooner he signs the better.