Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Sly

Adrien Silva

1 hour ago, BKLFox said:

Says more about the people booing than him I’m afraid. 

Not really IMO. We’d just put in a shit performance. Vardy came over and clapped the fans shaking his head at the state of it. Silva gave his shirt to someone amongst the opposing fans. It didn’t look good and it wasn’t just a few morons. He got a proper booing as he misread the mood. He felt the need to put out a statement afterwards addressing it. 

Edited by SydenhamFox
  • Haha 1

1 minute ago, Babylon said:

Neither does any player, yet they all get criticised or slagged off one way or another for their performance. 

Just one off those things, he's done well for other clubs, it just didn't work out here. I get your point but the blame game doesn't really achieve anything. 

Just because someone has acted professionally when left out of the side. Doesn’t mean you can’t criticise them for wasting their talent and an opportunity in the Premier League.

People use the 4 months he had off as an excuse for him. But the entire footballing world just had an unplanned 4 months off and it’s not like everyone has come back and forgotten how to pass a football is it! 

1 hour ago, Babylon said:

“It wasn’t his fault”

Well yeah it sort of is a percentage his fault, if he’d been able to pass the ball straight he might have started more games.

You have to lay blame to our scouting team as well. They knew the league he came from was significantly slower than the prem and they misjudged his personal skillset regarding his adaption to the PL as a result.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, UHDrive said:

You have to lay blame to our scouting team as well. They knew the league he came from was significantly slower than the prem and they misjudged his personal skillset regarding his adaption to the PL as a result.

Let's just hope they haven't repeated that misjudgement with this weeks signing for significantly more. 

• Like 1

42 minutes ago, UHDrive said:

I have, as I say he has to take a percentage of it. Others take some to. Just don’t think you can absolve a player of any part of it.

31 minutes ago, Babylon said:

I have, as I say he has to take a percentage of it. Others take some to. Just don’t think you can absolve a player of any part of it.

It's true. He either hasn't worked hard enough of just not shown enough quality. Mendy looked like he was doomed and now he looks like he could be a regular for us as hes worked hard and made brendan change his mind on him. Amartey is another one who has obviously worked really hard after his injury shocker and now looks like Brendan wants to keep him around. Slimani, Silva and Ghezzal have clearly done nothing to show Brendan they deserve a place in our squad. The ridiculous wages Slim and Silva are on probably hasn't helped either. 

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, jayfox26 said:

It's true. He either hasn't worked hard enough of just not shown enough quality. Mendy looked like he was doomed and now he looks like he could be a regular for us as hes worked hard and made brendan change his mind on him. Amartey is another one who has obviously worked really hard after his injury shocker and now looks like Brendan wants to keep him around. Slimani, Silva and Ghezzal have clearly done nothing to show Brendan they deserve a place in our squad. The ridiculous wages Slim and Silva are on probably hasn't helped either. 

I think Silva would have had a run out if it wasn't that we have to pay 5 million to sporting if we start him one more time

2 minutes ago, Fightforever said:

I think Silva would have had a run out if it wasn't that we have to pay 5 million to sporting if we start him one more time

Yeh that's definitely an issue. After having our pants pulled down by them with Silva and Slim I'm glad we're now the ones that have peoples pants down  

2 hours ago, AjcW said:

Just because someone has acted professionally when left out of the side. Doesn’t mean you can’t criticise them for wasting their talent and an opportunity in the Premier League.

People use the 4 months he had off as an excuse for him. But the entire footballing world just had an unplanned 4 months off and it’s not like everyone has come back and forgotten how to pass a football is it! 

Yeah, apart from us that is.

• Haha 1

35 minutes ago, jayfox26 said:

Yeh that's definitely an issue. After having our pants pulled down by them with Silva and Slim I'm glad we're now the ones that have peoples pants down  

lol I hadn't thought of that! Man Utd fans must see us something like we see Sporting after the Slabhead deal.

It's a shame Sporting are out of the EL. Would have loved to get drawn against them.

• Haha 1

5 hours ago, Fightforever said:

Is this confirmed? I suspected this was the reason he was dropped. Though i think his last game  for us was the first game of the season 2018-19 away v Man Utd? I thought it was odd he featured in that game and then no more.

Presumably the same scenario for Slimani, to avoid paying any further add-ons?

5 minutes ago, Plastik Man said:

Is this confirmed? I suspected this was the reason he was dropped. Though i think his last game  for us was the first game of the season 2018-19 away v Man Utd? I thought it was odd he featured in that game and then no more.

Presumably the same scenario for Slimani, to avoid paying any further add-ons?

Can't find the link but I remember reading nit somewhere it's pretty much common knowledge now.