Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Sly

Adrien Silva

2 minutes ago, FoxyPalace.com said:

yeah got all excited then realised how old it was when they started talking about his arrival last summer. Stranger things have happened though, we got £24M for Musa from Saudi after all

1 minute ago, urban fox said:

yeah got all excited then realised how old it was when they started talking about his arrival last summer. Stranger things have happened though, we got £24M for Musa from Saudi after all

yeah. I expected him to light it up there -- but been mostly a sick note. Just getting Slimani out of the training ground is worth it. We are stuck with his wage, but 12 more months, and done.

10 minutes ago, MarriedaLeicesterGirl said:

yeah. I expected him to light it up there -- but been mostly a sick note. Just getting Slimani out of the training ground is worth it. We are stuck with his wage, but 12 more months, and done.

I'm pretty confident Slimani will get another loan out, at least.

4 minutes ago, Raw Dykes said:

I'm pretty confident Slimani will get another loan out, at least.

I said it before -- Slimani is toxic to any locker room. He's proven it everywhere we have sent him. He was scoring goals for fun in Monaco, and they benched him for his attitude. He won't get signed until the last day of the window, and it will be by a team near the bottom of the table desperate for goals, and it will be a loan, because then it's risk free, and if by chance he doesn't have everyone hating him, they can sign him for a free at the end of the season. No one on earth is going to give Slimani a multi-year contract when they can get a "try him out" deal.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, StriderHiryu said:

I still can't believe this signing turned out to be so bad. On paper he has the same technical quality (if not better) than Mendy, Praet and maybe even Tielemans. But the fact is toward the end of Puel's first season he had a sustained run in the side and was getting shown up by a academy graduate Choudhury at the time. Ron-Robert Zieler kept some clean sheets for the club, Islam Slimani scored some important goals. Even Ahmed Musa scored some goals and had some good performances for us. Silva literally did nothing of note.

A very curious case. I guess the combination of his late registration and subsequent sacking of Shakespeare did him over. 

His signing sent this place into one of the biggest meltdowns of recent years when it was announced the club had missed the deadline by 14 seconds. He provided a few days of entertainment, if nothing else. 

1 hour ago, happy85 said:

After a slow start to the Serie A season, Sampdoria are looking for reinforcements. The blucerchiati are set to welcome Adrien Silva on a free transfer

Someone tell David it can't possibly be a free, because I was categorically told I talked wee wee for joking such. 

55 minutes ago, mozartfox said:

Statue for Rudders..

Wow how times have changed. 

Paid a huge transfer fee, huge wages... missed the deadline so he couldn’t play for half a season, the player then turning out to be worse than Matty James. Then ships him out for free and someone calls for a statue ... unbelievable. 

It’s the equivalent to Indy Kalia getting employee of the month because he paid a premium fee for gone off chicken but managed to get a homeless person to eat it 

Edited by Lambert09

49 minutes ago, MarriedaLeicesterGirl said:

I said it before -- Slimani is toxic to any locker room. He's proven it everywhere we have sent him. He was scoring goals for fun in Monaco, and they benched him for his attitude. He won't get signed until the last day of the window, and it will be by a team near the bottom of the table desperate for goals, and it will be a loan, because then it's risk free, and if by chance he doesn't have everyone hating him, they can sign him for a free at the end of the season. No one on earth is going to give Slimani a multi-year contract when they can get a "try him out" deal.

Not really sure why you've answered my comment with that. I agree. It seems pretty clear to me that Slimani is a nightmare to work with.

There are plenty on here who think he should be part of the squad again. I'm certainly not one of them. Nevertheless, there does seem to be plenty of interest, still, and I'd be surprised if we can't offload him by Monday night, if at least on loan.

He never really recovered from the 5-1 hammering at Man City in February 2018.

SImilar to Ghezzal in that he could be good on the ball but hopelessly lacking pace and physicality which dwarfed anything else. Once Maddison and Tielemans arrived he was oe for

Hope it goes well for him but his move to the big time floundered sadly.