Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Sly

Adrien Silva

Just now, AKCJ said:

I would assume we would have to pay him off to a certain extent if we wanted to cancel his contract.

I would be surprised if we pay him anything.

He's 31yo with 9 months of his contract left. Silva would possibly be happy with a move on lower wages but the security of a longer term contract. Sampdoria have picked him up on a free so could afford to give him a signing on fee. If he wanted paying off us I'd be tempted to tell him it's his choice of getting fcuk all or 9 months with the U23's. 

• Like 2

Came across as a nice enough guy but a truly dreadful player. Weak, slow and a knack for a nice easy 10 yard sideways pass straight out of play (amazingly almost always right in front of the bench to.magnify his ineptitude) , such was his panic when receiving the ball. 

The worst pound for pound signing in our history, without question. 

6 minutes ago, rachhere said:

That's a bit harsh! He's been super professional throughout this whole fiasco, it's not his fault it didn't work out. 

I agree but I'm not being harsh.

It's just business, I wouldn't be paying him to leave. He's 31.5 with 9 months left on his contract and has been allowed to leave on a free. He might take a loss in wages to move but he could negotiate the shortfall with a signing on fee from his new club and a new contract gives him playing time and the security of a salary for the next three years or so. All he is giving up here is a guaranteed salary for the next 9 months.  

• Like 1

I still can't believe this signing turned out to be so bad. On paper he has the same technical quality (if not better) than Mendy, Praet and maybe even Tielemans. But the fact is toward the end of Puel's first season he had a sustained run in the side and was getting shown up by a academy graduate Choudhury at the time. Ron-Robert Zieler kept some clean sheets for the club, Islam Slimani scored some important goals. Even Ahmed Musa scored some goals and had some good performances for us. Silva literally did nothing of note.

A very curious case. I guess the combination of his late registration and subsequent sacking of Shakespeare did him over. 

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, happy85 said:

After a slow start to the Serie A season, Sampdoria are looking for reinforcements. The blucerchiati are set to welcome Adrien Silva on a free transfer

Anyone know the length of his new contract and salary?

Yippee doo daa day...£80k p/w off the books.

34 minutes ago, Gerard said:

I would be surprised if we pay him anything.

He's 31yo with 9 months of his contract left. Silva would possibly be happy with a move on lower wages but the security of a longer term contract. Sampdoria have picked him up on a free so could afford to give him a signing on fee. If he wanted paying off us I'd be tempted to tell him it's his choice of getting fcuk all or 9 months with the U23's. 

I'd be amazed if we're not paying at least 40% of his salary for the first 12 months of his contract.

17 minutes ago, StriderHiryu said:

I still can't believe this signing turned out to be so bad. On paper he has the same technical quality (if not better) than Mendy, Praet and maybe even Tielemans. But the fact is toward the end of Puel's first season he had a sustained run in the side and was getting shown up by a academy graduate Choudhury at the time. Ron-Robert Zieler kept some clean sheets for the club, Islam Slimani scored some important goals. Even Ahmed Musa scored some goals and had some good performances for us. Silva literally did nothing of note.

A very curious case. I guess the combination of his late registration and subsequent sacking of Shakespeare did him over. 

I enjoyed his wholesome instagram posts however

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

2 minutes ago, Frost said:

I'd be amazed if we're not paying at least 40% of his salary for the first 12 months of his contract.

The article says he will rescind his contract with us before the move. So looks he's completely off the books with his contract ripped up by mutual agreement. A fresh start for him.

Content with this and it saves us 4mil on the annual wage bill which I'd imagine is most welcome. With Silva's poor form for us and the amount of time spent out on loan it will be hard to put that resource to any worse use so think this has to be viewed as a win.

• Like 3

Still cannot figure out what happened with this guy. Was quite excited when we signed him, Portuguese international, Euro winner, bags of CL experience, all round classy looking player. Thought he was areal steal at £22M or whatever it was. 

I just wonder how much the whole 14 second thing messed with his head. probably felt like a bit of an outcast and as result perhaps could not bond with the rest of the squad. All conjecture of course but haven't heard any noises that he was disliked or anything, i just think we moved on without him and he didn't settle.  He is a decent footballer but it just did not happen for him or us.

He seemed to be doing well for Monaco but they were obviously put off by his wages i presume. Definitely goes down as one of our all time transfer disasters but i hope he does well for them

• Like 1

45 minutes ago, rachhere said:

That's a bit harsh! He's been super professional throughout this whole fiasco, it's not his fault it didn't work out. 

Probably felt a tad embarrassed, huge wages £4.2m a year why wouldn’t he be super professional?

Slim is meant to be a right nob, but he has hardly been unprofessional during his failed time here.

AS had a Long overdrawn transfer.

10 matches 4 sub appearance 

22m fee 

Just under 16.8m in 4 years Contract 

I’m not sure how you could argue it’s not his fault, the initial transfer delay wasn’t.

but the fact none of the managers during his time here have fancied playing him and the fact that Monaco didn’t pursue him after the loan. Surely for a highly rated Euro Championship international midfielder (at the time) something has gone wrong.