Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Sly

Adrien Silva

He never really recovered from the 5-1 hammering at Man City in February 2018.

SImilar to Ghezzal in that he could be good on the ball but hopelessly lacking pace and physicality which overshadowed anything else. Once Maddison and Tielemans arrived he was done for

Hope it goes well for him but his move to the big time floundered sadly.

Edited by Blue ROI

19 minutes ago, Lesterlad said:

It was never his fault in all seriousness that his time here was not a success. He never asked to come here. We put in an offer they accepted. The fact we missed deadline and when he was given the chance he wasn’t right for us is down to us not him.  I hope he goes on and be successful inItaly. 

I think someone said Sporting upped the asking price at the 11th hour. Not sure that missing the deadline was our fault. Easy to say after the fact, but if that's true, we should have told them to bollocks.

• Like 2

5 hours ago, Lesterlad said:

It was never his fault in all seriousness that his time here was not a success. He never asked to come here. We put in an offer they accepted. The fact we missed deadline and when he was given the chance he wasn’t right for us is down to us not him.  I hope he goes on and be successful inItaly. 

I get everything else, except for how it is supposedly “never his fault” that his time here was unsuccessful.

If he was a success on the field of play, everything else about his transfer would have been substantively irrelevant. He was not a success here simply because HE didn’t play well for us - and that’s down to him. Best of luck to him though.

Good luck to the guy. The slower pace of the Serie A should be ideal for him. 

If he's agreed to the termination of his contract then massive respect to him for not simply running down his contract. He had every right to do so.

I don't think he was a bad player at all.

Showed glimpses of quality but unfortunately for him just didn't get the run of games to really tie down a place. It was Shakespeare's signing not Puel's. And just doesn't fit in the current squad dynamics.

Best of luck to the guy though..

• Like 3

24 minutes ago, ronnup said:

Will always feel sorry for this lad. He's had a tired time and I liked him. Obviously he needs to go but what a nightmare it's been for him. 

Must have been truly awful for him being paid £80k a week and being forced to play football in Monaco. 

Not been a nightmare for his bank account. My heart bleeds. 

• Like 4

On 01/10/2020 at 16:06, rachhere said:

That's a bit harsh! He's been super professional throughout this whole fiasco, it's not his fault it didn't work out. 

Yes but of course this sort of empathetic thinking doesn’t fit with the current narrative of combustible one-off statements designed to shock.

Agree, it wasn’t his fault and he displayed total professionalism throughout.

20 hours ago, Lesterlad said:

I tend to agree but I think he was really keen to come, I recall something about him being disappointed the year before he joined that he didn't move.

I feel sorry for him. He had a nightmare here from the first moment. He didn't endear himself to our support though away to Palace when we got spanked with his ill-thought signing of a shirt in their home end, even if it was a Portuguese fan of his. His face was like 'wtf?!'when he got booed for doing it. He should have known how that would go down. Good luck to him though. 

2 minutes ago, SydenhamFox said:

I feel sorry for him. He had a nightmare here from the first moment. He didn't endear himself to our support though away to Palace when we got spanked with his ill-thought signing of a shirt in their home end, even if it was a Portuguese fan of his. His face was like 'wtf?!'when he got booed for doing it. He should have known how that would go down. Good luck to him though. 

Says more about the people booing than him I’m afraid. 

• Like 2

13 hours ago, Babylon said:

Worst. Signing. Ever

D6A93E95-934E-4BE7-BB94-901AECE69A9D.png

I think he was unfortunate. He could definitely play but he was never strong enough or quick enough for the premier league. Maybe a few years earlier it might have worked. My gripe at the time was that several average players were picked ahead of him and he never really had a chance. I know that puel treated him pretty poorly and the players were suprised as what they saw in the training was pretty good. No debate with the midfield options we are far ahead now but for the wages and transfer fee we spent on him it was a pretty poor signing. The game where he was taken off at ht against city where he was pretty unlucky as certainly wasn't our worst player killed him.

1 minute ago, Babylon said:

Obsessed because I’ve posted a handful of times and think it was an awful signing (which it was)?

I could say are others on here in love with him? Absolving him of any blame, when he wasn’t very good. That’s somewhat his fault and that of the person for wanting him here.

He didn't force the club to sign him or pay him 80k a week.