Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
happy85

Çağlar Söyüncü

44 minutes ago, Deeg67 said:

Yes, because to a lot of Leicester fans he's the big-dicked second coming of God himself.  I mean, his brain freeze against Bournemouth quite possibly cost us the CL and most of our fans were praising his "passion". :rolleyes:  The point is, a guy can be very good and still overrated.  And a very good CB Soyuncu's age is worth a lot more than 40 million Euros, especially for the likes of Barca.

So he’s not overrated. He is a good CB with potential. Overrated would suggest he is being compared to Van Dijk levels, which I don’t think he is. 

• Haha 1

28 minutes ago, PrecociousFox93 said:

Coutinho, Dembele, Pjanic?

Lenglet 35m

Umtiti 25m

Suarez 65m

Vidal 18m

Pique Free

Alba 14m

In general they pay lower fees than other clubs plus they rarely spend big money on defenders. Largely depends on the players contract. We could probably get 50-60m from an English club for Soy but Barça aren’t gonna pay more than 40m and if the player wants to go we’re screwed

23 minutes ago, SO1 said:

Keep going. He has all the tools and mentality to match. Can't believe how much supporters unferate him.

He is bloody ace. I would absolutely hate to lose him and good thing for us Turkish guys are good on loyalty ( ye ye not all I know not all) money talks. 

I would be very surprised if he wanted to leave tbh. 

16 minutes ago, dylanlegend said:

Lenglet 35m

Umtiti 25m

Suarez 65m

Vidal 18m

Pique Free

Alba 14m

In general they pay lower fees than other clubs plus they rarely spend big money on defenders. Largely depends on the players contract. We could probably get 50-60m from an English club for Soy but Barça aren’t gonna pay more than 40m and if the player wants to go we’re screwed

Suarez was the third most expensive transfer when he signed behind Bale and Ronaldo. Lenglet was a release clause. Ferguson wasn’t a massive fan of Pique (besides he had Vidic and Ferdinand to dislodge). 

the point is they don’t always get players for ‘cheap’ at all. If we wanted £50-60m for Cags and Barca were genuinely interested then I’m confident they’d pay it. 

They’re getting Garcia anyways and Lenglet is only one year older than Soyuncu so I can’t see the transfer happening.

Just now, dylanlegend said:

Lenglet 35m

Umtiti 25m

Suarez 65m

Vidal 18m

Pique Free

Alba 14m

To be fair with players you have listed:

Lenglet 35m - release clause

Umtiti 25m - he wasn't really that well known unless you followed french league football at the time, as he had still yet to even play for France

Suarez 65m - 3rd highest transfer ever at the time

Vidal 18m - he was 31 with 1 year left on his contract

Pique Free - He cost £5m and was stuck behind Ferdinand and Vidic and he was from Barcelona originally

Alba 14m - had 1 year left on his contract

Then they have massively spent on players also, Griezmann (120m), de Jong (75m), Malcom (41m), Coutinho (145m), Dembele (138m) - the only one who looks like being value for money for them so far is de Jong

Barcelona definitely have history of massively overpaying for players, and going through their history I can't even really see any players they signed who they got cheaper because the player wanted the move, Coutinho was actively pushing for the move and Liverpool still got the 2nd highest fee in history

If Cags was to go I can't see him going for much less than we would actually want, we have a good recent history of not being push overs

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Suzie the Fox said:

He is bloody ace. I would absolutely hate to lose him and good thing for us Turkish guys are good on loyalty ( ye ye not all I know not all) money talks. 

I would be very surprised if he wanted to leave tbh. 

Agree totally with the first part of your post.

It will always be a problem though if the likes of Barca or Real Madrid come calling for one of our players. To play for one of the real giants of world football must be a dream for almost every player. I doubt that Cags would be any different.

Let's just hope that it is unfounded speculation.

• Like 1

I think maybe Barca will be playing hard ball. We want their player so they are going to come in for Cags?! If Cags go surely Chilly won't then? This transfer window is stressful. I know its early days but I wish they would announce a signing! 

2 hours ago, SO1 said:

Him and Chillwell are going to become good buddies training on their own if we don't get the money we want and the players we need to replace them. Soyuncu is not replaceable. Not surprising Barca want him. His fee should make what's his name look like small change

You seriously think we're going to shoot ourselves in the foot and make Chilwell and Soy train on their own?

If we're not selling they will be expected to play first team football as we wouldn't have the money to replace them.

Just now, hackneyfox said:

You seriously think we're going to shoot ourselves in the foot and make Chilwell and Soy train on their own?

If we're not selling they will be expected to play first team football as we wouldn't have the money to replace them.

Exactly! They can't help it if clubs come in for them! Neither seems the type of person to kick up a huge fuss and cause problems if they don't go. Both seem nice lads. How do we know either want to go actually, it's silly season with the media 🤷‍♀️

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, hackneyfox said:

2 minutes ago, Hales said:

Exactly! They can't help it if clubs come in for them! Neither seems the type of person to kick up a huge fuss and cause problems if they don't go. Both seem nice lads. How do we know either want to go actually, it's silly season with the media 🤷‍♀️

Players and their agents are capable of all type of games to get their moves. They could .....go through the motions.....down tools

so they could get their checks as well. Honestly I'm playing drama queen but the club has to be ready with the Nuclear Option.

So as to not get bent over the barrel. They are both under contract the cards are in our favor.

1 minute ago, Markyblue said:

Lets cut to the chase, if barca come calling who ever it involves is going,  end of. 

Yes, it would be impossible to rebuff without due cause, but there would still be plenty of negotiating to do. They are not the mafia despite some people’s opinionslol 

32 minutes ago, Hales said:

I think maybe Barca will be playing hard ball. We want their player so they are going to come in for Cags?! If Cags go surely Chilly won't then? This transfer window is stressful. I know its early days but I wish they would announce a signing! 

Kevin Williams , a 41 year old plumber playing for Alfreton Town would be a good enough signing for me right about now...

Edited by MPH

Guest Markyblue
1 minute ago, Dahnsouff said:

Yes, it would be impossible to rebuff without due cause, but there would still be plenty of negotiating to do. They are not the mafia despite some people’s opinionslol 

Agree totally make the inevitable as rewarding to us as possible. 

2 minutes ago, Markyblue said:

Agree totally make the inevitable as rewarding to us as possible. 

Regarding Caglar to Barcelona though, I thought they were in all sorts of financial bother :dunno:

As part of Trincão though? Well who the hell knows. Seems bloody unlikely though 

2 hours ago, Finnegan said:

Nobody's unsellable. They've all got to be sold at some point and replaced, that's our place in the football world. 

I definitely wouldn't WANT to sell him this season but if they make him the most expensive defender in history AND give us Trincao for two years (regardless of any buy clause) I'd probably take that deal. 

I understand the economics of it but it could have a huge impact on how you actually do on the field next season. Selling him now, of any years where there is less time to adequately replace him would make replacing him even more of a gamble. An injury to Evans and I don't even know who you start the season with at centre back if Soyuncu went too.

Sometimes football decisions have to trump economic ones and this is a classic example of that. Soyuncu looks a top player and I'm sure there'll still be a queue of clubs offering top dollar for him next summer.