Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
happy85

Çağlar Söyüncü

Man U is a strong draw for players too and we didn't just let them name their own price for Maguire. If they do want to buy Cags they're going to have to pay the asking price, just as we will if we want to buy Tarkowski. 

• Like 2

Would be absolutely mad to let Soyuncu go, we should be building our teams future around young players like him. Whilst I understand players ambitions too, it's very early really into his career here and to sell him for 40m to replace him with an inferior player for the same price would be bonkers. I wouldn't like to see Chilwell go either but he's slightly more replaceable perhaps and we have young up and coming players to replace him longer term. Very decent centre halves are of an absolute premium at the moment. Nor do I think we should be remotely tempted in a part exchange for the Barcelona player we are allegedly interested as he's far from proven as opposed to Soyuncu who already is starting to look the real deal. 

• Like 4

14 hours ago, jeffschlupp said:

Morgan has not signed on for another year to not be in the 25 man squad. 5 CBs is overkill when you have cover full-backs who are decent at CB too.

They will get a third choice player but no chance they sign two, especially given Benkovic is coming through.

Morgan was surely signed for his work off the pitch? Can't imagine Rodgers is expecting to play him next season.

Fuchs is also ageing fast and has never been that good in a back three.

Soyuncu didn't look great in a back three with Bennet in there so we if we are going back three for some games he'll need a quality, experienced 

22 hours ago, Ric Flair said:

I honestly don't think there's many quicker. He's what all the top sides would like to allow them to defend high.

I'd not sell for anything less than Maguire money.

He's young, rapid, strong, Premier League proven and has wicked composure on the ball. A 100 million bid would be appropriate.

• Haha 1

4 hours ago, hackneyfox said:

Morgan was surely signed for his work off the pitch? Can't imagine Rodgers is expecting to play him next season.

Fuchs is also ageing fast and has never been that good in a back three.

Soyuncu didn't look great in a back three with Bennet in there so we if we are going back three for some games he'll need a quality, experienced 

I think Morgan signed for more than his ‘work off the pitch’, otherwise he’d have retired and taken a staff role.

He’s obviously not a regular starter, as he hasn’t been for a couple of seasons now, but when the shit hits the fan he’s an experienced body to call on to do as good a job as a club the size of ours can expect from a ‘backup’ CB.

And let’s face it, from what WE seen of Ryan Bennett, he’d make Van Dijk and Godin look bad in a back three.

Shouldn't forget the hundreds of millions of pounds other clubs have spent trying to find a center half of his ability.

Chelsea and Man.City alone never mind the rest of the big money clubs. He won't be replaced.....easily.

Surely we won't sell Cags! He's one of the pillars we're supposed to be building a team around. Plus he's gonna be a even better player next season.

The Trincoa deal (loan or buy) if it happens should have nothing to do with our key players. Cags has never made any noises about wanting to leave for other clubs either and fair play to him. He's loyal and dedicated to our cause. Yes he will probably attract even more attention next season but we can worry about that then. 

9 minutes ago, SO1 said:

Shouldn't forget the hundreds of millions of pounds other clubs have spent trying to find a center half of his ability.

Chelsea and Man.City alone never mind the rest of the big money clubs. He wouldn't be replaced.....easily.

fixed

this rumour not going away and even though it's a slow news period where does the 40 mill euro price come from? - we must have paid a fair bit in the first place for him and I doubt there is a buy out clause  as has been pointed out Rudkin won't entertain them  

2 hours ago, Grebfromgrebland said:

We still need to replace him though. No use having the cash if we can't attract an equal replacement.

If we struggle to find a decent replacement for £70million then I lose all faith in the club ...