Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
happy85

Çağlar Söyüncü

3 hours ago, Sunbury Fox said:

Yep, totally agree. Imagine how good Cags will be in 2-3 years' time when through gaining experience he'll be reading the game like Evans, whilst also having great pace, a brilliant and rare asset for a CB? He's already comfortable on the ball but I think he plays within himself at the moment and could play more forward passes. Again that will come with experience and increased confidence. 

Plus on top of this you just have to love his character - the hair, the Cruyff turns in his own penalty area, the slightly crazy look in his eye. It's ridiculous but I couldn't even get that angry with him when he booted Wilson in the head!

Got all the attributes and personality to be one of the top European centre halves. Seriously. IF he can kick on again this coming season he could easily play for Barca. 

On 08/08/2020 at 12:25, TJB-fox said:

Got all the attributes and personality to be one of the top European centre halves. Seriously. IF he can kick on again this coming season he could easily play for Barca. 

Pretty confident he’s going to kick someone ....infact quite a few!

6 hours ago, MarriedaLeicesterGirl said:

Probably true. Turkey is one of those that doesn't tend to support independence movements in other countries, due to their own Kurdish population.

Soyuncu seems to have his nationalism toned down a bit, certainly not on the level of Demiral thankfully

Jean-Clair Todibo and Francisco Trincão for Çağlar Söyüncü

Is that a fair / decent deal for all parties ?

(do not want Çağlar to leave mind)

edit: I think it benefits Barcelona slightly more than Leicester

Edited by Dahnsouff

2 hours ago, Dahnsouff said:

Add Firpo into the deal and I would probably consider it

13 minutes ago, Nicolo Barella said:

I would not say it's fair. Soyuncu has been Top 5 centrebacks in the PL this year, both the other players are gambles with high potential. 

Completely agree, I was just curious of people’s opinions. Even on the Barca forum they really like Caglar but recognise he is a 65-70m CB, so likely out of their reach right now.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Dahnsouff said:

Great and that would leaves us with Evans and Wes. Have I missed something? Have we joined a 'walking' football league?

Losing Caglar is quite possibly the worst piece of business we could ever contemplate at this juncture, other than us spunking cash on either of Tarkowski and Vestergaard.

• Like 3

43 minutes ago, mozartfox said:

Great and that would leaves us with Evans and Wes. Have I missed something? Have we joined a 'walking' football league?

Losing Caglar is quite possibly the worst piece of business we could ever contemplate at this juncture, other than us spunking cash on either of Tarkowski and Vestergaard.

You do know Todibo is a defender right?

It is not something I think we should entertain, but it depends on the offers that are achievable, especially if Fransisco is that well fancied by our scouts, otherwise we end up with all we have and nowt else. 

I just feel that the pandemic and its ramifications have meant a very different transfer market is likely.  Losing Caglar is not one what we want but it very much depends on what options are on the table. Is a quality CB easier to acquire than the needed RW for example.

50 minutes ago, mozartfox said:

Why are you acting as though Evans is a complete geriatric, and hasn't just had one of the best seasons a Leicester centre-back has ever had?

I'm not suggesting a Todibo+Trincao swap but if we got cash on top of it you can go and sign a fourth centre back and you have some decent options there. Cags isn't the only good centre-back around.

1 minute ago, Dahnsouff said:

You do know Todibo is a defender right?

It is not something I think we should entertain, but it depends on the offers that are achievable, especially if Fransisco is that well fancied by our scouts, otherwise we end up with all we have and nowt else. 

I just feel that the pandemic and its ramifications have meant a very different transfer market is likely.  Losing Caglar is not one what we want but it very much depends on what options are on the table. Is a quality CB easier to acquire than the needed RW for example.

Centrebacks that are as fast and strong as soyuncu and also good on the ball are definitely rarer than a tricky right winger. I wouldnt trade soyuncu for mahrez let alone this guy.

2 minutes ago, honeybradger said:

Centrebacks that are as fast and strong as soyuncu and also good on the ball are definitely rarer than a tricky right winger. I wouldnt trade soyuncu for mahrez let alone this guy.

Perhaps, but, it not about a generic "he looks like skilled and tricky and play on the wing", its the make up of the player, his skill set beyond the obvious. Please do not think I want Caglar to go, I 100% do not want him to go. I would rather we got Demiral and made a legendary Turkish wall of death for 4-5 seasons, but...

...this market, especially for those short of cash, is going to be a strange one and inventiveness may be as valuable as hard cash.

Evans needs pace along side him to compliment his excellent defensive brain. Cags might not be the only CB back aground is true, there is Tarkowski and Vestergaard out there for bundles of cash.

Todibo is 20 with zero EPL experience.  Why weaken one part of the team to strengthen another?  Not sure what that achieves in the scheme of things.

• Like 2

On 10/08/2020 at 09:01, Dahnsouff said:

Perhaps, but, it not about a generic "he looks like skilled and tricky and play on the wing", its the make up of the player, his skill set beyond the obvious. Please do not think I want Caglar to go, I 100% do not want him to go. I would rather we got Demiral and made a legendary Turkish wall of death for 4-5 seasons, but...

...this market, especially for those short of cash, is going to be a strange one and inventiveness may be as valuable as hard cash.

"Turkish Wall of Death" :appl::fc: