Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Jump to content

Recommended Posts

Posted

I absolutely hated my team for this week, it looked so bad on paper. On the basis that I either wildcarded or rolled with the punches, I wanted to keep the wildcard so just went with it. 

 

Salah, Robbo, Rodriguez, Sterling, Werner, Ings all with attacking returns. 

 

I won't have a mega score but considering I felt I could struggle to break 30 I am happy with that!

Posted (edited)
3 hours ago, Nuneatonfox in Manchester said:

Glad I kept Werner in!

lol I took him out (for Kane).

 

Only bonus was my other two strikers are Ings and Calvert-Lewin.

Edited by Fox92
Posted (edited)

Pulled the wildcard this week. 

 

Was torn between zaha and freakish, glad I went with zaha this week at least. Still plenty of games to go but a nice start none the less

Edited by RobHawk
What a great autocorrect, not even changing it. Meant Grealish in case you couldn't work it out.
Posted
2 minutes ago, sdb said:

You could literally pick 11 players blind and have more points than me this week. Unbelievable. 

Not surprising when none of the expected big boys have fired this week so far. 

Posted

I have 3 Wolves players including 2 defenders, not sure how that happened. Saiss should still get a clean sheet as he went off before the Newcastle goal.

 

Want to get a bit of cash but Raul Jiminez is Mr Consistent 6 points so cant sell him really.

Posted
On 16/10/2020 at 21:23, KFS said:

Pulled the wildcard!!!

Nice 67 points for me this week. Hopefully not a false dawn :D 

Posted

Finally gone for the wildcard. 2 of my bench weren't even playing in the prem anymore lol 

Brought in Mane, Zaha, Chilwell and Mings and sorted my bench out. Stuck with Watkins which might be an error but I think its worth a chance.

Posted

Finally lost patience on Aubameyang and Havertz so traded them for Bruno Fernandez and Son.

 

Lump on Auba and Havertz bagging a skinful of points.

Posted

Thinking on this squad with the wildcards, any misses??  Foden for Rodriguez and 1.9m left next week

Meslier, MCCarthy

Justin Zouma, Cresswell, Killman, Mitchell

Salah, Zaha, Foden, Son, Romeu

Kane, Ings, Bamford

 

Bold is bench.

 

Other options C Wilson for Bamford, Havertz for Foden

 

Thoughts???

 

 

Posted

Does anyone else have any self imposed rules?

 

Personally I always have the following:

  1. Three Leicester players in my first eleven.
  2. Leicester players always captain and vice captain
  3. Never select a player playing against us. If I have an oppo player in my squad I make them the last sub/s and if they have to play then so be it, but rarely ever happens.

 

I would have a fourth rule of no Forest players no matter how good they were but not applicable right now!

 

One thing that surprises me with mates who support Man U, Liverpool etc, is how come with so many high scoring players at their club to choose from they only select one or two of their own players (sometimes even none), and also select and even captain players of their 'enemies', e.g. an Arsenal fan picking captain Kane. I know it's only a game but still, that last one really baffles me.

Posted
2 hours ago, RoyalBlueGaz said:

Does anyone else have any self imposed rules?

 

Personally I always have the following:

  1. Three Leicester players in my first eleven.
  2. Leicester players always captain and vice captain
  3. Never select a player playing against us. If I have an oppo player in my squad I make them the last sub/s and if they have to play then so be it, but rarely ever happens.

 

I would have a fourth rule of no Forest players no matter how good they were but not applicable right now!

 

One thing that surprises me with mates who support Man U, Liverpool etc, is how come with so many high scoring players at their club to choose from they only select one or two of their own players (sometimes even none), and also select and even captain players of their 'enemies', e.g. an Arsenal fan picking captain Kane. I know it's only a game but still, that last one really baffles me.

Fair play for morals, I dont have any and still do shit.

 

Years ago when points where at a premium, the season Ronaldo scored thirty something and everyone had him as captain (I think around 2007 or 2008?), one of my Liverpool supporting mates almost won our league despite a rule of not having any Man U players, probably would have won a canter if he had Ronaldo.

 

Posted (edited)

@The Blur

 

Kilman has come into the team at LCB and has been in excellent form. Also, Saiss isn't a LWB so Ait-Nouri came in there, and will have Marcal ahead of him too. 

 

He won't get back in easily now as it's Kilman's place to lose. 

Edited by The Bear
  • Thanks 1
Posted
On 30/10/2020 at 18:23, RoyalBlueGaz said:

Does anyone else have any self imposed rules?

 

Personally I always have the following:

  1. Three Leicester players in my first eleven.
  2. Leicester players always captain and vice captain
  3. Never select a player playing against us. If I have an oppo player in my squad I make them the last sub/s and if they have to play then so be it, but rarely ever happens.

 

I would have a fourth rule of no Forest players no matter how good they were but not applicable right now!

 

One thing that surprises me with mates who support Man U, Liverpool etc, is how come with so many high scoring players at their club to choose from they only select one or two of their own players (sometimes even none), and also select and even captain players of their 'enemies', e.g. an Arsenal fan picking captain Kane. I know it's only a game but still, that last one really baffles me.

I play vs my friend living in Leicester with some limited rules (mainly governing min 3 LCFC players in squad, at least one has to be either captain or vice-captain).  I never fully capitainalize the right player though, so I'm always leaving too many points on the table (DCL was my captain this week, when it should have been Vardy, dammit).

Posted

Must be the first time in ages all 3 of my strikers have scored in one GW. 

Calvert-Lewin, Kane, Vardy. Also have Podence.

 

On the flip side, in one of my draft sides I've scored 61 points and still had 29 points on my bench lol 

Posted

Not quite sure why I have Maguire and Zaha in my team, of course it is 2 of the most overrated players in the league that are the only ones that barely contribute to my points this week, still, can't complain about 100 points

 

image.thumb.png.589e4cec9e3c419dc8965f1a977241af.png

  • 4 weeks later...

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Guest
Unfortunately, your content contains terms that we do not allow. Please edit your content to remove the highlighted words below.
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Loading...
  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    • No registered users viewing this page.
×
×
  • Create New...