Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Nick

Fantasy Premier League 2020/2021

I absolutely hated my team for this week, it looked so bad on paper. On the basis that I either wildcarded or rolled with the punches, I wanted to keep the wildcard so just went with it. 

Salah, Robbo, Rodriguez, Sterling, Werner, Ings all with attacking returns. 

I won't have a mega score but considering I felt I could struggle to break 30 I am happy with that!

3 hours ago, Nuneatonfox in Manchester said:

Glad I kept Werner in!

lol I took him out (for Kane).

Only bonus was my other two strikers are Ings and Calvert-Lewin.

Edited by Fox92

Pulled the wildcard this week. 

Was torn between zaha and freakish, glad I went with zaha this week at least. Still plenty of games to go but a nice start none the less

Edited by RobHawk
What a great autocorrect, not even changing it. Meant Grealish in case you couldn't work it out.

I have 3 Wolves players including 2 defenders, not sure how that happened. Saiss should still get a clean sheet as he went off before the Newcastle goal.

Want to get a bit of cash but Raul Jiminez is Mr Consistent 6 points so cant sell him really.

Finally gone for the wildcard. 2 of my bench weren't even playing in the prem anymore lol 

Brought in Mane, Zaha, Chilwell and Mings and sorted my bench out. Stuck with Watkins which might be an error but I think its worth a chance.

Thinking on this squad with the wildcards, any misses??  Foden for Rodriguez and 1.9m left next week

Meslier, MCCarthy

Justin Zouma, Cresswell, Killman, Mitchell

Salah, Zaha, Foden, Son, Romeu

Kane, Ings, Bamford

Bold is bench.

Other options C Wilson for Bamford, Havertz for Foden

Thoughts???

Does anyone else have any self imposed rules?

Personally I always have the following:

1. Three Leicester players in my first eleven.
  2. Leicester players always captain and vice captain
  3. Never select a player playing against us. If I have an oppo player in my squad I make them the last sub/s and if they have to play then so be it, but rarely ever happens.

I would have a fourth rule of no Forest players no matter how good they were but not applicable right now!

One thing that surprises me with mates who support Man U, Liverpool etc, is how come with so many high scoring players at their club to choose from they only select one or two of their own players (sometimes even none), and also select and even captain players of their 'enemies', e.g. an Arsenal fan picking captain Kane. I know it's only a game but still, that last one really baffles me.

2 hours ago, RoyalBlueGaz said:

3. Never select a player playing against us. If I have an oppo player in my squad I make them the last sub/s and if they have to play then so be it, but rarely ever happens.

I would have a fourth rule of no Forest players no matter how good they were but not applicable right now!

One thing that surprises me with mates who support Man U, Liverpool etc, is how come with so many high scoring players at their club to choose from they only select one or two of their own players (sometimes even none), and also select and even captain players of their 'enemies', e.g. an Arsenal fan picking captain Kane. I know it's only a game but still, that last one really baffles me.

Fair play for morals, I dont have any and still do shit.

Years ago when points where at a premium, the season Ronaldo scored thirty something and everyone had him as captain (I think around 2007 or 2008?), one of my Liverpool supporting mates almost won our league despite a rule of not having any Man U players, probably would have won a canter if he had Ronaldo.

On 30/10/2020 at 18:23, RoyalBlueGaz said:

I play vs my friend living in Leicester with some limited rules (mainly governing min 3 LCFC players in squad, at least one has to be either captain or vice-captain).  I never fully capitainalize the right player though, so I'm always leaving too many points on the table (DCL was my captain this week, when it should have been Vardy, dammit).

• 4 weeks later...