Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
davieG

Our Internationals 2020/21

4 hours ago, SecretPro said:

Negative player that takes negative penalties with a negative personality and a negative face picks a negative team shocker.

I didn't see the game so can only go off comments I've read on the game, the scoreline and the XI he's picked and it really is just diabolical. That game on Sunday was a fluke, we all knew it. I think we probably needed this game as a wake up call.

We've got a genuinely exciting group of attackers but Southgate couldn't be more stereotypical England manager if he tried, overwhelmed by pure cowardice just like nearly all of those before him, Grealish not even getting on the pitch is scandalous. Why on earth do you need two defensive midfielders to shield your three centre backs against Denmark, Maitland-Niles at left back, zero creativity and a system that'll make the pitch smaller, it's just unbelievable how he's genuinely thought that's the team to win the game, that's the sign of a manager who has totally lost his way. Ranieri in 2016/17-esque embarrassing rubbish.

Spineless manager who cannot be allowed to sabotage our Euros campaign. It needs freshening up. He'll get the Euros though and we'll invariably go out to Portugal in the round of 16.

• Like 3

6 hours ago, Corky said:

Southgate's just said we played really well in the first 35 minutes.

Kasper had nothing serious to do.

Kasper pulled off a fantastic reflex save off a Mason Mount header to prevent a late England equalizer. 

Edited by NaijaFox
  • Like 2

50 minutes ago, Blue Fox 72 said:

God help us with Southgate at the helm!

IMG-20201014-WA0006.jpg

anyone really surprised? lets be right, tactics, selection(both shown recently that he hasnt got a clue imo) and a few other things. hes a bang average manager/coach 

during the world cup looking back we basically had some luck on our side during it where other times we'd have gone out earlier.

Ive never rated Southgate tbh, feels like a Yes man and a safe appointment for the FA

The problem with England is our goalkeeper is a bit shit, central defenders are useless, full backs can't defend for shit, central midfielders are dull and ordinary and a manager who is rubbish tactically lol makes it quite difficult to be a decent international team on that basis .

We do have a couple of decent attacking players though.

3 minutes ago, RowlattsFox said:

The problem with England is our goalkeeper is a bit shit, central defenders are useless, full backs can't defend for shit, central midfielders are dull and ordinary and a manager who is rubbish tactically lol makes it quite difficult to be a decent international team on that basis .

We do have a couple of decent attacking players though.

When you have a lack of world class players, particularly at the back you really need a manager who makes the whole better than the sum of it's parts.  Southgate isn't it.  Eddie Howe would be a better bet at this point!

7 minutes ago, Jon the Hat said:

When you have a lack of world class players, particularly at the back you really need a manager who makes the whole better than the sum of it's parts.  Southgate isn't it.  Eddie Howe would be a better bet at this point!

Not sure Eddie Howe is the answer but then again I'm not sure who is. International management is different, maybe Nigel Pearson could do a job of getting the best out of people. Dyche? lol

It will probably be Aidy Boothroyd next. That said, if we can't get a replacement for the New Zealand game let's have a game against the under 21s, I'm not confident the seniors would win. 

Edited by RowlattsFox

4 hours ago, NaijaFox said:

Kasper pulled off a fantastic reflex save off a Mason Mount header to prevent a late England equalizer. 

In the first 35 minutes which Southgate mentioned. England created more in the second half but Southgate praising the first half performance was baffling.

I'm stuck on what England should do really. On the one hand you'd think we need a defensive manager because that's our weakest area and needs the most work, so someone that could fashion a defensive unit greater than the sum of its parts and rely on counter-attacking/our greater quality forward. On the other hand maybe an attacking manager because our defence is going to be shit anyway so may as well go into games trying to win them 4-3?

Doesn't need saying but obviously Southgate is neither of those things and should be binned as it's a waste of time for all involved giving him the Euros.

Our best chance of winning a tournament is still Mourinho and has been for the last 10+  years. Should have got him in after Man U sacked him.

6 minutes ago, ealingfox said:

I'm stuck on what England should do really. On the one hand you'd think we need a defensive manager because that's our weakest area and needs the most work, so someone that could fashion a defensive unit greater than the sum of its parts and rely on counter-attacking/our greater quality forward. On the other hand maybe an attacking manager because our defence is going to be shit anyway so may as well go into games trying to win them 4-3?

Doesn't need saying but obviously Southgate is neither of those things and should be binned as it's a waste of time for all involved giving him the Euros.

Our best chance of winning a tournament is still Mourinho and has been for the last 10+  years. Should have got him in after Man U sacked him.

He had this problem at the 2018 World Cup which although we flattered to deceive he tried to protect us with 5 at the back and then maximise our attacking threat with a more attacking midfield in Loftus-Cheek and Ali or Lingard with Sterling and Kane. We got found wanting as soon as we played anyone any good and I thought he appeared to be learning in the 2018/19 season when we played some really good football in that first Nations League playing 4-3-3 and having a proper go at teams. Since then we have returned to this turgid muck at a time when we have so many exciting creative midfielders and wingers. I actually despise the man now, he makes me want to smash things.

• Like 4

Pope

Alexader-Arnold

(Take your Pick)

(Take your pick)

Chilwell 

Phillps/Rice

Henderson

Foden

Sterling

Kane

Sancho/Grealish/Rashford/Greenwood - Plenty of options there depending on form and fitness 

Genuinely couldn't choose my best 2 centre backs, and Southagte can't neither. That's why he's gone back to a back 3. If he has to do that then he has to find balance further ahead, you have to sacrirfice wide players and play with an extra midfielder and 2 up top. Foden in the middle 3 will be better.

I feel Southgate is the kind of manager that reads valid criticism on his decisions, and instead of accepting it, he'll just double down on his shite formation choice or playing certain players. Grealish never got another go after finally playing, being MOTM and making Southgate look a mug.

Big 6 bias will always influence the England set up, doesnt matter how well you play for your club you will never be picked for the first 11 unless you play for

Liverpool, utd, city, Chelsea, spurs etc.

Southgate is so stubborn he more or less openly admitted he does not like either Maddison or Grealish playing in that number 10 role, doesnt fit in with how he would like England to play apparently.

How the hell Pickford is number 1 and how on earth Henderson becomes a regular starter I will never know.

England were so devoid of ideas yesterday it was at times embarrassing we ended up resorting to long balls.

Dont see the hype in Sancho either.

52 minutes ago, RowlattsFox said:

Pope

Alexader-Arnold

(Take your Pick)

(Take your pick)

Chilwell 

Phillps/Rice

Henderson

Foden

Sterling

Kane

Sancho/Grealish/Rashford/Greenwood - Plenty of options there depending on form and fitness 

Genuinely couldn't choose my best 2 centre backs, and Southagte can't neither. That's why he's gone back to a back 3. If he has to do that then he has to find balance further ahead, you have to sacrirfice wide players and play with an extra midfielder and 2 up top. Foden in the middle 3 will be better.

Right now its probably Keane and Coady, but you're right, we're not blessed in that position. Maguire and Gomez seem to have gone right off the boil. Mings would be 3rd choice at the minute. The likes of Lascelles, Tarkowski and Dunk need looking at when fit. I'd go with this, first choice when fit on the left.

Pope/Henderson/Ramsdale

TAA/James/Walker/Trippier/AWB

Keane/Gomez

Coady/Mings

Chilwell/Saka

Phillips/Rice

Henderson/Winks/Maddison/JWP/AOC

Foden/Maddison/Grealish/Mount (can't really decide who would be first choice here between Foden and Maddison)

Sancho//Sterling/Rashford

Kane/DCL/Ings

Rashford/Grealiah/Sancho/Barnes

Probably missed a few players out, but I've put that whilst at work.

1 hour ago, Ric Flair said:

He had this problem at the 2018 World Cup which although we flattered to deceive he tried to protect us with 5 at the back and then maximise our attacking threat with a more attacking midfield in Loftus-Cheek and Ali or Lingard with Sterling and Kane. We got found wanting as soon as we played anyone any good and I thought he appeared to be learning in the 2018/19 season when we played some really good football in that first Nations League playing 4-3-3 and having a proper go at teams. Since then we have returned to this turgid muck at a time when we have so many exciting creative midfielders and wingers. I actually despise the man now, he makes me want to smash things.

I think a lot of that was because we could counter-attack. The game in Spain was dominated by the speed of our front free. Back four could sit in and watch the game in front. Croatia at home was two late goals from set pieces. 

2 minutes ago, Cardiff_Fox said:

Just to say if international teams are going to be insistent on this three game thing - it should be that no player can play more than 180 minutes. Totally unfair on clubs who have players at international teams who more requiring of their star players. 

I think the issue this time was that some teams had two competitive matches and a friendly- some like both Irelands and Scotland had three competitive games including the play-off.

1 hour ago, suffolk fox said:

Big 6 bias will always influence the England set up, doesnt matter how well you play for your club you will never be picked for the first 11 unless you play for

Liverpool, utd, city, Chelsea, spurs etc.

Southgate is so stubborn he more or less openly admitted he does not like either Maddison or Grealish playing in that number 10 role, doesnt fit in with how he would like England to play apparently.

How the hell Pickford is number 1 and how on earth Henderson becomes a regular starter I will never know.

England were so devoid of ideas yesterday it was at times embarrassing we ended up resorting to long balls.

Dont see the hype in Sancho either.

You missed the Manc's off your list (unless they are etc?). 

12 hours ago, Sunbury Fox said:

Pretty much what Rodgers did v West Ham, even allowing for some key injuries. Sometimes you wonder what makes managers tick.

Yep, thought that was a totally wrong set up as well, although slightly more forgivable given our injuries.