Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
davieG

Our Internationals 2020/21

4 minutes ago, Hales said:

Chelsea's new goalkeeper. I'm guessing Frank just pulled Ben back to not risk him. I don't think many of the managers have been happy about these games so early in the season and with such a short pre-season too... we potentially have lost Cags and jonny and Praet is still an unknown.

oh that mendy - yes he picked up an injury last week - feasible he’s back for Saturday, haven’t heard what the scans showed 

Dennis wasn’t injured with Belgium  - he took the knock with him from the Man City game ......

hoping Jonny isn’t too bad but at his age, I’m not surprised he’s struggled to play three times in quick succession. 

given our squad depth, we will be the most affected of everyone ......

2 minutes ago, Ric Flair said:

I honestly cannot remember a regime as bad as this for not picking the best players available. The Taylor years probably the most notable. 

We have a lot of attacking talent, our best array of wide forwards and attacking central midfielders and he's choosing to pick 3 centre halves, 2 defensive midfielders and then the worst ACM in Mason Mount. Speechless.

To be fair even Taylor took off his top goal scorer and captain. Against Sweden in 92, he got hounded for it, but countless time’s Kane should have come off but carried on leaving better suited players on the bench.

Just now, oxtonfox said:

It’s a joke or conspiracy with Premier League that Southgate must select from big six and three associate teams backing the Man U and Liverpool breakaway  ? 

It’s all to do with marketing, players for the big clubs can be marketed and mean sponsors will pay more money to push the game to a big audience. 

Maguire was a good player for us but Ndidi played a massive role in allowing him to stride forward and create which takes the spotlight. He hasn't got that level of protection and support at Man United which exposes him more.

• Like 1

I think some people are being a bit harsh on Phillips. He's a defensive midfielder, he needs a link between him and the attack. Formation is practically a 523, before the red card. 

Southgate is trying to hard to protect the defence. The only way we win games is by creating chances, for me its 433/4231 depending who we are playing. We've got talented attackers, not giving them anything to go on is not going to win us games. Yes we'll concede goals with a back 4 but so what. 

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, Ric Flair said:

I honestly cannot remember a regime as bad as this for not picking the best players available. The Taylor years probably the most notable. 

We have a lot of attacking talent, our best array of wide forwards and attacking central midfielders and he's choosing to pick 3 centre halves, 2 defensive midfielders and then the worst ACM in Mason Mount. Speechless.

The bloke is an absolute cock womble, he was a shit club manager and he’s an equally as shit international manager... it’s the Sven era all over again. 

That being said, I’m actually not that bothered about England, rather a team with out boys in win anyway, I’m basically from Belgium now. 

Edited by Pliskin
  • Like 1

Just now, Pliskin said:

The blocked is an absolute cock womble, he was a shit club manager and he’s an equally as shit international manager... it’s the Sven era all over again. 

At least Sven played attacking teams, this is worse than anything I can remember. 

• Like 3

9 minutes ago, RowlattsFox said:

I think some people are being a bit harsh on Phillips. He's a defensive midfielder, he needs a link between him and the attack. Formation is practically a 523, before the red card. 

Southgate is trying to hard to protect the defence. The only way we win games is by creating chances, for me its 433/4231 depending who we are playing. We've got talented attackers, not giving them anything to go on is not going to win us games. Yes we'll concede goals with a back 4 but so what. 

Not sure about Phillips at all, looks limited to me and lost possession frequently.

Totally agree on your second point though. Pretty ****ing obvious to everyone that England's strength is in the unbelievable depth of attacking options we have, so why not play to our strengths rather than trying to cover up our weaknesses by playing 3 at the back (which never looks comfortable) and negating the strengths we do have. As you say, even if a few goals go in at both ends, at least the games will be watchable. England are so bad to watch, all those quality footballers and they play with 0 flair.

• Like 1