Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
davieG

Our Internationals 2020/21

4 minutes ago, Walkers said:

I'd say Hamza Choudhury is more likely to reach 2 caps for England than James Maddison

Youre probably right, but Mads is really more than just a number 10. His tackling stats are pretty good for someone in that role.  He would be a square peg in a round whole but what are the alternatives? Harry Winks? Phillips? It just doenst work. 

I'll take my leicester hat off and concede I forgot Henderson... there we go, world cup sorted 

Edited by Lambert09
  • Like 2

8 minutes ago, Tom12345 said:

Maguire:

No - he was not “excellent for Leicester”. He was back then not very good defensively; just hyped up because he dribbled a bit. We always looked like leaking goals when he played. He was our third or fourth best defender then behind Evans, Morgan and Soy (though he was sitting on bench).

Come off it.

• Like 4

2 minutes ago, Rain King said:

I'll be honest I've not seen Kalvin Phillips much so my opinion is not particularly valid, but from what I have seen I can't work out the obsession with him.

He looks very average and offers very little, how is he suddenly starting every game?

Playing for one of the biggest clubs in world football probably helps his cause, and being defensive minded boosts any midfielders chances of getting into this squad by 8375348579304534975923804128%

5 minutes ago, Rain King said:

I'll be honest I've not seen Kalvin Phillips much so my opinion is not particularly valid, but from what I have seen I can't work out the obsession with him.

He looks very average and offers very little, how is he suddenly starting every game?

It’s just pointless playing Phillips and Rice. Southgate is so defensive he plays 3 centre backs and 2 holding midfielders.

3 minutes ago, Rain King said:

In his defence there's a lot of very good players that look shakey with Southgate's England. How can anyone stand out when set up like this?