Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
davieG

Our Internationals 2020/21

1 minute ago, Dan LCFC said:

Shocked to see Southgate set up with another ludicrously negative team against a side we have better players than.

Negative player that takes negative penalties with a negative personality and a negative face picks a negative team shocker.

2 hours ago, oxtonfox said:

So we're losing to a team famous for bacon, Lego, Carlsberg and a wee statue pissing in the harbour. Says it all really. 

Not sure that the mermaid in Copenhagen is having a piss - difficult to tell.

Maybe thinking about the Manakin Pis in Brussels - and we did beat them 

• Haha 1

Gareth Southgate is the biggest ****ing fraud in world football. He’s a sorry example of the international set up in this country, dining out on an a World Cup where we absolutely crumbled the minute we played anyone half decent. The FA are a complete joke as well by the way for giving him the job in the first place. The bloke had absolutely no CV worthy of the “top job in English football”. What sort of example are you setting when you give the job to a serial loser who’s biggest achievement is making a few Bob off some dodgy Pizza Hut adverts? 

We’re starved of a decent set up because the suits at the top want a certain type of character, somebody who isn’t going to upset the apple cart. Bollocks to that. I’d say give it to wilder, somebody who understands what it means and somebody who isn’t afraid to upset the apple cart, but fat chance of that ever happening because he’d probably have a go at the players for being utterly shit and telling them what they need to hear and we can’t have that can we! 

Its ****ing pathetic, to be quite honest and I’m sick of it. We’re a complete and utter laughingstock. 

• Like 1

In his post match interview Southgate said that it was a great performance and that he didn't bring on Grealish because we needed pace and athleticism in the wide areas with 10 men, which Rashford and Mount were providing. Okay Rashford is quick and athletic but Mount??? Really?

It really bugs me that Mount just walked into the England team after about 2 PL games for Chelsea a year ago whilst at that time Maddison was told he needed to prove himself by playing well for another PL season, even though he'd already done brilliantly in a whole PL season, unlike Mount who'd done okay in the Championship for Derby but nowhere near as well as Maddison had at Norwich before we bought him. 

I genuinely don't know what Southgate sees in Mount. He's not especially fast, creative, skillful or athletic. What does he excel in? If it really is because he follows orders is that really what we need from a No 10? Shouldn't No10s be unpredictable and free spirits who are given a free rein? Mount's continued selection is really symptomatic of everything that is wrong with Southgate's England. He is driving away all of the exciting maverick talents in favour of safe options. This will almost certainly end up with England underachieving yet again.

Edited by Sunbury Fox
  • Thanks 1

Guest Hansifüx

fyi, Turkey played not well against Serbia today, a mess to be honest. Match ended 2-2.  Ünder played about 85min which is great, physically I thought that he looked already better than 2 weeks ago, but overall not a great game for him or anyone else in the Turkish team. HIs finishing was a bit off, again,  he should have scored one of the chances he had. But he made some strong runs that reminded me of his best time in Rom. Not sure if it would make sense to throw him in from the start next week-end, since he didn't have a chance to train with his new team mates, but I'd like to see him play.      

3 minutes ago, Manini said:

Gareth Southgate is the biggest ****ing fraud in world football. He’s a sorry example of the international set up in this country, dining out on an a World Cup where we absolutely crumbled the minute we played anyone half decent. The FA are a complete joke as well by the way for giving him the job in the first place. The bloke had absolutely no CV worthy of the “top job in English football”. What sort of example are you setting when you give the job to a serial loser who’s biggest achievement is making a few Bob off some dodgy Pizza Hut adverts? 

We’re starved of a decent set up because the suits at the top want a certain type of character, somebody who isn’t going to upset the apple cart. Bollocks to that. I’d say give it to wilder, somebody who understands what it means and somebody who isn’t afraid to upset the apple cart, but fat chance of that ever happening because he’d probably have a go at the players for being utterly shit and telling them what they need to hear and we can’t have that can we! 

Its ****ing pathetic, to be quite honest and I’m sick of it. We’re a complete and utter laughingstock. 

Reading between the lines, I assume you're not impressed with Southgate?

• Haha 1

All this knocking of Southgate is out of order, in the WC, WHEN IT MATTERS, he beat Tunisia,  Sweden and also slaughtered Panama

He sees things other people don't see, like how many people realise that Pickford is better than Henderson?, or that Grealish is not good enough at the moment?.

He has an understanding, a vision, that many don't appreciate.

Edited by nnickn
  • Haha 1

No..lets be fair,come on now then, not wanting to strangle the point, no way do we have to stretch it out, I mean but really,I am trying to put it on the table,

Not wanting to sit on the fence,Not being either obstroculus or even facetious , trying to Keep it simple,not One to dither, and lets be serious, staying away from

any audacious comments..BUT...!!!!!

We were fukking crap werent we....!!!

Or am I just being polite..??

Edited by fuchsntf

Why has southgate become afraid of his own shadow we beat spain after the world cup but he has retreated into negativity.

Yes I understand almost trying to man mark de bruyne in a five, it worked on sunday and I swallowed that system just about it.

but going five at the back twice against denmark just because of eriksen (nowhere near peak version of eriksen by the way) is ridiculous. Go on the front foot use our pace and pressing in a 4-3-3 and just do them

f doesn't trust our  centre halfs coach them better and play a consistent pair, weathers that's maguire and gomez or Coady and Maguire,whoever pick them and have faith in them, work on there understanding.

We went to bulgaria and played a 8 and torchered them with rashford and sterling on either side of kane

time to do this again in a poor group, no more sitting off teams that are limited we need to take our game to teams, play a number 8 in front of the pivot.

You know teams in euroupe would kill for a foden, a maddison a barkley a grealish,a sancho even the pace of barnes of the bench,  we have them lets ****ing utilise them and go for this thing.

59 minutes ago, Stadt said:

To some degree it’s understandable playing three at the back because our centre half options are a bunch of arses but it completely cripples the balance of the rest of the team. TAA is a unique talent in world football because of his play making talent from deep and RWB is anathema for his abilities.

Creativity is one of the problems we’re facing but attacking midfield is one of the few strengths of our personnel so it’s a case of utilising then effectively. Playing a 523 requires two decent midfielders capable of breaking up play and progressive passing - we don’t even have one of those. 

I’d like us to play a 433,

Henderson

TAA Gomez Tarkowski Chilwell

Phillips

Henderson Grealish/Foden

Sancho Kane Sterling

Pickford just isn’t any good, Henderson is better with the ball at his feet than Pope but sadly won’t get picked whilst 2nd choice at Utd.

CB is weak but Tarkowski is probably our best out and our defender and is no slouch with the ball.

Phillips is brilliant at playing from deep in a dynamic Leeds team, our best passer at DM by far. Henderson provides some protection for both Phillips and TAA.

The other CM spot could be filled by any of Grealish/Maddison/Foden/Mount etc but one of them needs to play otherwise we’re just too industrious and lacking guile - we’ve got quality here but Southgate is such a handbrake.

Front 3 we’ve got decent options here, Kane, DCL and Ings are probably the best striking options in the world at the minute (if we’re going to play 3atb we’re better of with a 352 so we can at least play 2 of those together). 

Instead Southgate will keep plugging away with a really laborious set up because he loves accountancy football the bad meff

Edited by twister
spelling