Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
suffolk fox

Slimani, Silva and Ghezzal.

12 hours ago, adejo92 said:

Ghezzal is league one quality at best, Silva and Slimani should, on paper, be good, i guess sometimes players are not bad, they just don't fit certain clubs whether that be style of play or just settling in.

I have little doubt that both Slimani and Silva would perform great in a different team or league.

Similar to Kramaric I guess.

The scouting system made a massive error with Ghezzal. Ok it might have been Puel but you are right League 1 / Lower championship is about his standard. Rodgers made his mind up about him after a single appearance

• Like 1

15 hours ago, suffolk fox said:

It does appear that we are not going to delve into the transfer market this season.  Certainly not before the season kicks off.  Question is are Slimani, Silva and Ghezzal really that bad that they cant even displace youngsters and people like Mendy from our team?

Silva a Portuguese International midfielder and Slimani Algerian International striker.  Our squad is lacking serious depth.   Surely they should be given a chance?

I cannot understand why they have been frozen out?  

At least when Albrighton puts pointless crosses in Slimani may be there to head them in?  Our strike force certainly lacks height.

A case of subtraction by addition? :unsure:

Diabate was another odd transfer IIRC, didn't Puel's son see him play and say "Dad, trust me on this you gotta sign this guy" and without any real scouting we signed him?

I personally think OHL would have been a perfect loan for Diabate.

• Like 1

Genuinely not being funny but at the moment, including Ghezzal and Diabate would improve the squad at this moment in time with the options we have.

We have Tielemans, Maddison, Praet, Tavares and KDH so there is no need for Silva. Also in regards to Slimani, we’ve got no need for him with Vardy, Iheanacho and Hirst being a more aerial option who needs more exposure to high level football. 

However I am not enamoured at all with our options in the attacking third in regards to out wide or behind the strikers. Ghezzal looked more comfortable in a central role than out wide and when played there he did have some promising moments. Diabate is an out and out winger but I’m sorry he was never really given a chance after Puel and we are crying out for a left footed option. People can laugh all they want but I genuinely don’t see how Albrighton and Gray at this point offer any more than Diabate. Albrighton is a solid 6/10 at this point in his career and I’m done with Gray now. He’s got talent but he’s lacking mentally which is why I don’t think he will ever progress further than the level he’s at now. 

If we aren’t gonna make any signings I’d bring both Ghezzal and Diabate back into the fold. 

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, GingerrrFox said:

Genuinely not being funny but at the moment, including Ghezzal and Diabate would improve the squad at this moment in time with the options we have.

We have Tielemans, Maddison, Praet, Tavares and KDH so there is no need for Silva. Also in regards to Slimani, we’ve got no need for him with Vardy, Iheanacho and Hirst being a more aerial option who needs more exposure to high level football. 

However I am not enamoured at all with our options in the attacking third in regards to out wide or behind the strikers. Ghezzal looked more comfortable in a central role than out wide and when played there he did have some promising moments. Diabate is an out and out winger but I’m sorry he was never really given a chance after Puel and we are crying out for a left footed option. People can laugh all they want but I genuinely don’t see how Albrighton and Gray at this point offer any more than Diabate. Albrighton is a solid 6/10 at this point in his career and I’m done with Gray now. He’s got talent but he’s lacking mentally which is why I don’t think he will ever progress further than the level he’s at now. 

If we aren’t gonna make any signings I’d bring both Ghezzal and Diabate back into the fold. 

No, no and a thousand times no!

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, GingerrrFox said:

God help us should we not make any signings. These players weren't the answer then and won't be now. They can't even hold down a place at their respective loan clubs. And while I agree regarding Gray, he is certainly a better option. So essentially we have 4 ineffectual right sided players...

1 hour ago, Collymore said:

Diabate was another odd transfer IIRC, didn't Puel's son see him play and say "Dad, trust me on this you gotta sign this guy" and without any real scouting we signed him?

I personally think OHL would have been a perfect loan for Diabate.

His son played in the same side I think.

I actually really like silva. The others can get in the bin. Slimani is a capable player and could benefit the squad if he wasn’t a bad apple causing unrest. Ghezzal is a completely different animal, how he has stolen a living for so long I have no idea.

so in short, I’d be up for giving silva a chance if he’s happy to be a squad player, the other two can get to f***

On 29/08/2020 at 16:36, suffolk fox said:

It does appear that we are not going to delve into the transfer market this season.  Certainly not before the season kicks off.  Question is are Slimani, Silva and Ghezzal really that bad that they cant even displace youngsters and people like Mendy from our team?

Silva a Portuguese International midfielder and Slimani Algerian International striker.  Our squad is lacking serious depth.   Surely they should be given a chance?

I cannot understand why they have been frozen out?  

At least when Albrighton puts pointless crosses in Slimani may be there to head them in?  Our strike force certainly lacks height.

Well Ghezzal is certainly garbage, we were told so and laughed at by Monaco fans for signing him. French media outlets have also questioned what it is exactly that he offers... literally does nothing other than pass it backwards. 

Slimani was unfairly criticised and booed (just like Kelechi) and he never got confidence back. Monaco backed him and he delivered. 

Silva... on the fence. Offered energy but seemed a bit ‘scatty’ to me and never really sure whether he was meant to be an attacking midfielder, a box to box player, a deep playmaker, defensive mid... no idea. 

But whatever happens, it’s too late for them, the club has made its decision, they’re finished here. Even if it’s a loan again, they’ll go. 

Edited by lcfceaves
  • Like 1

https://www.google.co.uk/amp/s/www.jeunesfooteux.com/Stade-Rennais-Mercato-porte-encore-ouverte-a-Rennes-pour-Slimani_a42377.amp.html

Translation:

This summer, Stade Rennais spent 27 million euros to strengthen its attacking sector by recruiting Martin Terrier (Olympique Lyonnais) and Serhou Guirassy (Amiens SC).  And yet the arrival of another offensive element cannot be ruled out, especially in the event of the departure of M'Baye Niang.  A player who could be Islam Slimani, even if Rennes coach Julien Stéphan has denied any offer from Stade Rennais for the Algerian striker from Leicester on loan to AS Monaco last season.

"An offer of 6M € from Rennes for Slimani? You have information that I do not have. I did not know that an offer had been made, in any case it was not said to the club. The priority today  hui is to strengthen our central axis, since we lost at the end of last season Jeremy Morel and Joris Gnagnon. We have so far compensated for only one of these two departures. After that, we are still listening  , in observation of the opportunities that there may be in different sectors and in particular in the offensive field "declared Julien Stéphan to Téléfoot.

Aged 32, Islam Slimani has experience that could be a plus at Stade Rennais, especially in the Champions League.  However, two problems mean that there is little chance that a deal can take place.  First of all, no striker will land in Rennes without the departure of M'Baye Niang.  Then the salary of more than 4.5M € per season of Islam Slimani could clearly block possible negotiations.  Suffice to say that Slimani is currently very far from the SRFC.

Linked to Leicester in the past, and 10 goals in 26 appearances for Niang last season, Let’s do a swap for Slimani!! 😉...............