Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
suffolk fox

Slimani, Silva and Ghezzal.

1 hour ago, Bob Farley said:

Problem is he was replacing Mahrez so he had no chance. Having said that he’s still not very good. 

Yeah poor guy really was brought in to be a Mahrez tribute act.

Was a lot worse and a lot uglier than Riyad. 

He wasn’t great but certainly wasn’t bad enough to be booed by his own fans.

• Like 1

59 minutes ago, FerrisBueller said:

https://youtu.be/dnqJUkyouZk

Power of the YouTube video, Ghezzal looks sharp in this :ph34r::whistle:

Slimani has no future here. I’m a little surprised he hasn’t found a new home, as by all accounts he did quite well at Monaco. Maybe clubs are more aware of the perceived attitude issue, as it hasn’t worked for him really at any club other than Sporting Lisbon. Even Monaco dropped him in parts last season. Rennes is still an option it appears, only if Niang goes. 

Silva was just an utter disaster from start to finish. I’m sure he regrets coming here, albeit the crazy salary and signing on fee he made. Was a decent player, nothing special. He’s been linked to no one, since that tentative link to Moscow about 4 weeks ago.

Ghezzel isn’t a winger, as he lacks the pace. He’s not different to Perez in that respect. I’d go as far to say it appears he didn’t intergrate into the squad and Perez is a much like for like replacement but had time to settle into England at Newcastle. Apparently he’s still talking to Fiorentina, so I’d expect him to leave in some capacity again.

Amartey seems to have recurring injuries, which is a shame, as he looked like a player who could start to have fulfilled some of the potential pre injury. Galatasary apparently have some

interest in him. Nothing concrete though.

Diabate looked great against Peterborough; then a dear in the headlights ever since. The loans he’s had since we last saw him have been pretty uninspiring. Falls into that Kaputska category in the fact it hasn’t worked, didn’t cost a lot and needs a new home. 

1 hour ago, Sly said:

Slimani has no future here. I’m a little surprised he hasn’t found a new home, as by all accounts he did quite well at Monaco. Maybe clubs are more aware of the perceived attitude issue, as it hasn’t worked for him really at any club other than Sporting Lisbon. Even Monaco dropped him in parts last season. Rennes is still an option it appears, only if Niang goes. 

Silva was just an utter disaster from start to finish. I’m sure he regrets coming here, albeit the crazy salary and signing on fee he made. Was a decent player, nothing special. He’s been linked to no one, since that tentative link to Moscow about 4 weeks ago.

Ghezzel isn’t a winger, as he lacks the pace. He’s not different to Perez in that respect. I’d go as far to say it appears he didn’t intergrate into the squad and Perez is a much like for like replacement but had time to settle into England at Newcastle. Apparently he’s still talking to Fiorentina, so I’d expect him to leave in some capacity again.

Amartey seems to have recurring injuries, which is a shame, as he looked like a player who could start to have fulfilled some of the potential pre injury. Galatasary apparently have some

interest in him. Nothing concrete though.

Diabate looked great against Peterborough; then a dear in the headlights ever since. The loans he’s had since we last saw him have been pretty uninspiring. Falls into that Kaputska category in the fact it hasn’t worked, didn’t cost a lot and needs a new home. 

Slim did phenomenally well at Monaco. And I suspect his attitude problem is more a strong personality problem. When he was here he was criticized for shouting out orders. (Same at Monaco) This is going to irk Vardy and the seniors, premier league winners, but in the right setting he can command the team and he can become the star striker. I highly doubt that will happened here for a number of obvious reasons. Out of all those players, Amartey is the only one I would keep to cover central defence and right back.

Edited by Foxxed
  • Like 1

9 minutes ago, Haywood_6 said:

Can't believe i'm saying this but he actually looks semi-decent here

16 Games.

1 Goal.

ZERO assists.

1 well edited youtube video that shows he's quite good at winning free kicks ;) 

Edited by AjcW

2 hours ago, HesNotGudjonsonn2 said:

I can’t be the only one who has seen ability in Ghezzal?

Technically he’s a very good player. Not Mahrez, then again, not many are. 

He always looked lost though. Maybe he was devoid of confidence. I don’t think we’ll ever know. I’m not sure he even speaks English. 

I still can’t get over how bad he was against Everton. I can’t find the thread but he was horrendous.