Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
happy85

Dave Rennie sacked by BR

5 hours ago, StanSP said:

Hip injury wasn't it? 

As @Ashley said in another thread, this seems to be more than just about 'injuries'. There appeared to be some discord between him and Rodgers about interference with team selection and it's not the first manager he's done this to. I guess Rodgers just couldn't be arsed with it any longer. 

So maybe he advised against Maddison coming back too early.

2 hours ago, TJB-fox said:

Nobody knows what truly goes on inside the club. Might be right decision it might be wrong but I have more than enough faith in our owners and their personal integrity to deal with these matters the best way they see fit. Not saying that they’ll get it right every single time but they’ve shown more often than not that they are respectful and humble as well as justified. He’s been here an awful long time (he even got a mention on Gerry Taggarts under the cosh podcast re his playing days) so maybe it was time for change anyway.

What im getting sick of is all the scaremongering and slander going on at the moment. In all the years of using FT I’ve never seen such rubbish being spouted. So many people saying that there’s unrest at the club with no means of information to back it up. More fool those that believe it and get themselves in a state of worry. 

There’s always been rubbish spouted on FT

I take just about everything on here with a pinch of salt especially from those who claim to be ‘in the know’

I remember reading a post from someone (name eludes me) who was ADAMANT that he knew Kante was staying at the club, posted only about 24 hours before he sodded off to Chelski

This year ain’t no different 

• Like 3

9 minutes ago, Col city fan said:

There’s always been rubbish spouted on FT

I take just about everything on here with a pinch of salt especially from those who claim to be ‘in the know’

I remember reading a post from someone (name eludes me) who was ADAMANT that he knew Kante was staying at the club, posted only about 24 hours before he sodded off to Chelski

This year ain’t no different 

This summer has been the worst it’s ever been by a country mile. Just ridiculous amounts of speculating and made up nonsense, fuelled by Leicester City twitter accounts and itk’s on here. Normally I pay no attention to that sort of rubbish but this summer it’s all gathering such momentum it’s impossible not to.

36 minutes ago, TJB-fox said:

This summer has been the worst it’s ever been by a country mile. Just ridiculous amounts of speculating and made up nonsense, fuelled by Leicester City twitter accounts and itk’s on here. Normally I pay no attention to that sort of rubbish but this summer it’s all gathering such momentum it’s impossible not to.

been the opposite for me as i stopped reading that bollocks. back in the day i'd be refreshing the transfer threads constantly. nowadays i feel my energy can be spent better elsewhere and if we sign someone we sign someone. every leicester post on twitter has a bunch of virgins on it going "announce x" even when it's nothing to do with transfers. embarrassing behaviour. 

• Like 2

1 minute ago, Out Foxed said:

been the opposite for me as i stopped reading that bollocks. back in the day i'd be refreshing the transfer threads constantly. nowadays i feel my energy can be spent better elsewhere and if we sign someone we sign someone. every leicester post on twitter has a bunch of virgins on it going "announce x" even when it's nothing to do with transfers. embarrassing behaviour. 

Trouble is due to the growing extent of the bullshit it’s incredibly hard to filter out. I want to read about our club on twitter, I want to come on here and talk about the club. 

47 minutes ago, TJB-fox said:

Seems like people are just bored and want to talk about their club. We're seeing every one else signing players and maybe there's some frustration because we'd normally we'd be talking about our own incoming transfers a few weeks before the season starts...not much to get excited about this mini-summer.

Surely this points towards a certain somebody as the mole in the camp.  A few of the ITK's seem to be put out by this too.

If it is to do with having a big mouth and a disruptive attitude then I do not care how long he has been at the club and the association. Loyalty to the club and the people you work with is massively important. 

If you can not rely on people to toe the club line then they deserve all they get imo.

Edited by Zaphod Beeblebrox
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, Strokes said:

I think Ricardo should be the new head Physio, then Luke Thomas can play right wing.

Matty James, surely? 

The poor guy has spent the last 5 years in the treatment room. Give him a couple more seasons and we could slap a PhD on him and call him Dr. James. 

5 hours ago, jeffschlupp said:

I personally believe the idea of a medical team restructure is just the PR position, when really it's more likely misconduct, team news leaks, a big falling out etc.

If he wanted a restructure they'd have binned off more than just Rennie.

As for Rodgers leaving and taking all his staff, he has only brought with him Davies, Toure and Driscoll, plus a head of recruitment (who has brought with him two scouts). When he does leave, Congerton won't necessarily go with him straight away, just like he didn't at Celtic.

Ranieri brought Benetti and Azzalin; Puel had Appleton, Plancque and Bonnevay at different stages. It's normal to bring 3-4 members of established staff these days, mostly in the coaching side rather than medical and fitness. If Rodgers were to be sacked mid-season we would still have Sadler and Stowell as we did when Puel went, on top of the rest of the established sports science and medical team which has been here since Pearson days.

All that being said, intrigued to see if the head physio position is now a club-led appointment or someone Rodgers/Driscoll have worked with before.

How i still miss the loveable little scamp

plancque.jpg

• Haha 1

2 minutes ago, Chrysalis said:

Just a thought, notice how the leaks from the club seem to have stopped?

That's because Sean has moved up in the world. Leaking team lineups is small-time, he's now the big league ITK leaking totally accurate, 100% not-bullsh*t transfer news.