Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
happy85

Dave Rennie sacked by BR

10 hours ago, StanSP said:

Hip injury wasn't it? 

As @Ashley said in another thread, this seems to be more than just about 'injuries'. There appeared to be some discord between him and Rodgers about interference with team selection and it's not the first manager he's done this to. I guess Rodgers just couldn't be arsed with it any longer. 

Ultimately we don't know. It's as pointless calling out Rennie for being an interfering so and so as it is calling out Rodgers for uprooting somebody that's part of the furniture.

Admittedly I haven't read past the first page so there may well be stone cold evidence of one of the two. I doubt it, though, and any heated debate either side is utterly pointless.

Honestly no one knows enough about the club to even get close knowing why. The same posters who have turned against Rodgers, for the end of last season and the transfer window, will be more willing to believe Rodgers sacked him recklessly. I’ll give him the benefit of the doubt for now. It’ll be interesting to watch the fitness and leaks situation next season.

• Like 2

34 minutes ago, Manwell Pablo said:

Head Physiotherapist.

Of 20 years. Who has done a good job, for 20 years. 

Makes me laugh when football fans claim there’s no loyalty in football then exhibit this kind of flippancy themselves. 

Their is no loyalty in football and backroom staff change all the time, I would say he has been lucky to have 20 years?? Not worth a thread over someone that is easy to replace and someone that leaked teams, and undermined managers. I like the bloke personally,

he sorted my shoulder out at the club years ago and had drinks with him etc. But it’s not really relevant he is easily replaceable and after 20 years probably needs a shake up? Who cares. No idea why you mentioned  loyalty? 

Edited by Cecchini1976
  • Like 2

4 hours ago, Chrysalis said:

Just a thought, notice how the leaks from the club seem to have stopped?

i have also noticed that not a single video has been released by the club in the last 60 minutes..

Have all our cameras been stolen? Does Brendan think our players are too ugly? There’s clearly something we are not being told...

• Haha 1

4 minutes ago, Cecchini1976 said:

Their is no loyalty in football and backroom staff change all the time, I would say he has been lucky to have 20 years?? Not worth a thread over someone that is easy to replace and someone that leaked teams, and undermined managers. I like the bloke personally,

he sorted my shoulder out at the club years ago and had drinks with him etc. But it’s not really relevant he is easily replaceable and after 20 years probably needs a shake up? Who cares. No idea why you mentioned  loyalty? 

Because all he gets after 20 years of goodservice to the club is a who cares and why is anyone talking about him 😂.

If you know him that’s even ****ing worse tbh. 

Maybe it is, maybe it isn’t, I still think given his length of service and what we’ve achieved during his time here he deserves better than no one caring.

• Like 1

Just now, Manwell Pablo said:

Because all he gets after 20 years of goodservice to the club is a who cares and why is anyone talking about him 😂.

If you know him that’s even ****ing worse tbh. 

Maybe it is, maybe it isn’t, I still think given his length of service and what we’ve achieved during his time here he deserves better than no one caring.

It’s the world

of football and this type of things happen in football. On the flip side of the coin he is sorted for life and can get an amazing next role or private practice due to Leicester. Think he has done ok if I’m being honest 

• Like 1

You don’t just sack an employee of 20 years for no reason FACT .

Our owners have the last word on everything  and are not known to be the type for hiring and firing in fact I’d say the complete opposite . If you look at how they have stood by some of our players for example Matty  James getting a 4 year contract  when permanently injured . Wes and Fuchs getting extensions when they are arguably passed it and standing by Vardy when he was having doubts if he was good enough  and other issues . We will never find out the reason for him being sacked but I trust  our owners and upper management  as they wouldn’t have made the decision lightly and it would definitely not be just because Rogers wasn’t  happy with him . 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

4 minutes ago, Cecchini1976 said:

It’s the world

of football and this type of things happen in football. On the flip side of the coin he is sorted for life and can get an amazing next role or private practice due to Leicester. Think he has done ok if I’m being honest 

He has, not going to struggle is he, it’s not the point.

If you think the world is a place where you don’t a give a bit of respect to a man for 20 years worth of good service is worthwhile then you are more cynical than I am. And cynicism is something I am well known for! 

3 minutes ago, Manwell Pablo said:

If you think the world is a place where you don’t a give a bit of respect to a man for 20 years worth of good service is worthwhile then you are more cynical than I am. And cynicism is something I am well known for! 

I think he did very well to last the last few years to be honest. 

4 minutes ago, Manwell Pablo said:

To be fair it depends on the circumstances. I presume if you have been caught leaking the team persistently (thus giving an advantage to other teams) and undermining several managers over the last few years, as has been insinuated, then any respect he had been due has probably dwindled somewhat, so probably just better for all parties to cut him loose quietly and try and save face. 

Edited by SecretPro

7 minutes ago, Cecchini1976 said:

...surprised that you see things this way!!!

There is loyalty in football, you either choose not to see it or you lack the ability to empathise. Loyalty cuts both ways, Le Tissier staid at Southampton, he could have gone to any club, Andy King has been a one club player. The Cynical response would be no one else one have him and pay the wages he is on, Matty James is still here, despite the injuries and setbacks he has experienced, much to chagrin of the majority of FT posters. Birch is still here, he has a position for life as confirmed by the owners, this is just our club!

Should you choose to look further down the Leagues you will find the manager, who puts his own money in to pay for necessities at their club, the public media face of football is about money and its influence, we have bought into this but it is not all that this game is about.

2 minutes ago, SecretPro said:

To be fair it depends on the circumstances. I presume if you have been caught leaking the team persistently (thus giving an advantage to other teams) and undermining several managers over the last few years, as has been insinuated, then any respect he had been due has probably dwindled somewhat, so probably just better for all parties to cut him loose quietly and try and save face. 

Yeah I don’t really believe that for a second if I’m honest

• Like 1

19 minutes ago, Cecchini1976 said:

It’s the world

...I suppose the next question will be, how do you know, about the settlement between him and the club!!!

The club has announced his departure but has failed to say the reason why, which has led to endless speculation on here. An amicable agreement I suppose would have a severance pay attached no doubt to cover at least a years salary. A summary dismissal would not reap such benefits so I am not sure why you believe he has been well paid in this situation unless you are privy to certain details.

23 minutes ago, sacreblueits442 said:

...surprised that you see things this way!!!

There is loyalty in football, you either choose not to see it or you lack the ability to empathise. Loyalty cuts both ways, Le Tissier staid at Southampton, he could have gone to any club, Andy King has been a one club player. The Cynical response would be no one else one have him and pay the wages he is on, Matty James is still here, despite the injuries and setbacks he has experienced, much to chagrin of the majority of FT posters. Birch is still here, he has a position for life as confirmed by the owners, this is just our club!

Should you choose to look further down the Leagues you will find the manager, who puts his own money in to pay for necessities at their club, the public media face of football is about money and its influence, we have bought into this but it is not all that this game is about.

It’s not being cynical it’s the world of football. Andy King ran his contract down at Leicester because nobody else would pay him that much. Le Tissier was in a different era of football and he should have left to win trophy’s. A physio getting a massive pay out and having the best 20 years of his life and also not many back room staff around the 1st team last 20 years. So no loyalty in football whatsoever apart from the fans. Based on what you think we shouldn’t need transfer windows and shouldn’t strengthen our team and replace players, or managers etc, we lose back room staff every year just about, so I really don’t see why everyone is so upset at losing a physio that has had 20 years at the club. Easily replaced. It’s football. I’m sure if Le Tis played today and southampton offered him 30k a week to stay and Man Utd offered him 200k, he wouldn’t have been that loyal  

Edited by Cecchini1976
  • Like 3

7 minutes ago, sacreblueits442 said:

...I suppose the next question will be, how do you know, about the settlement between him and the club!!!

The club has announced his departure but has failed to say the reason why, which has led to endless speculation on here. An amicable agreement I suppose would have a severance pay attached no doubt to cover at least a years salary. A summary dismissal would not reap such benefits so I am not sure why you believe he has been well paid in this situation unless you are privy to certain details.

Well it’s obvious he didn’t leave without anything, and he has 20 years working at a prem club, also ensures that he can make big bucks after Leicester. I don’t need to know the figures to know he is doing ok for himself 

Edited by Cecchini1976

3 minutes ago, Wymsey said:

Would've expected either Jon Rudkinand/or Susan Wheken to be involved, at least given their higher positions, in any decision-making with regards to sacking first-team staff..

Why? Brendan is a manager not a head coach, we don’t have a technical director, therefore any first team staff are under his remit and he is free to decide who stays and goes. 

• Like 1

17 minutes ago, Cecchini1976 said:

It’s not being cynical it’s the world of football. Andy King ran his contract down at Leicester because nobody else would pay him that much. Le Tissier was in a different era of football and he should have left to win trophy’s. A physio getting a massive pay out and having the best 20 years of his life and also not many back room staff around the 1st team last 20 years. So no loyalty in football whatsoever apart from the fans. Based on what you think we shouldn’t need transfer windows and shouldn’t strengthen our team and replace players, or managers etc, we lose back room staff every year just about, so I really don’t see why everyone is so upset at losing a physio that has had 20 years at the club. Easily replaced. It’s football. I’m sure if Le Tis played today and southampton offered him 30k a week to stay and Man Utd offered him 200k, he wouldn’t have been that loyal  

..I am not too sure how you have got this impression from my previous post!!!

That idea was neither implied or stated by me and I noticed that you failed to reference Matty James in your post, out of all my examples you chose to ignore what the club has done for him.