Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
happy85

Dave Rennie sacked by BR

3 hours ago, bmouth_fox said:

No idea what’s going on obviously and I know Rennie had a very solid reputation, but he did join the club in the last century. Maybe, just maybe the club want better (possibly more progressive and forward looking?) in their new state of the art facility. Things can become stale after a while, and fresh blood is good - that’s the same for any organization, including football clubs.

...I agree that perhaps the current setup is not where Rodgers might want it to be!!!

I would suspect in Rennies profession, he would have kept up with current practises by attending seminars or sessions of that ilk. To be behind current methods would be something a professional would deem to be unacceptable and he would be right in his assessment. There is obviously more to this than what has been officially revealed as certain things when viewed do not make sense.

26 minutes ago, sacreblueits442 said:

...I agree that perhaps the current setup is not where Rodgers might want it to be!!!

I would suspect in Rennies profession, he would have kept up with current practises by attending seminars or sessions of that ilk. To be behind current methods would be something a professional would deem to be unacceptable and he would be right in his assessment. There is obviously more to this than what has been officially revealed as certain things when viewed do not make sense.

Yes I think Rennie has just done a PHD as well so he must be well up there with the latest techniques . I'd be surprised  if there are many physios with a Doctorate. 

• Like 1

8 hours ago, Ricey said:

I’m sure it’s not a coincidence that he put this on Twitter recently:

4th best player availability.

Very harsh then if he's been sacked on the back of injuries last season considering we had 4th best availability. 

It's been said many players were playing with pain killing injections and that maybe by doing this it actually made the injuries worse? Madders clearly should not have played the last game and Chilly went off for an injection mid game during his last game. His injury can be made worse by playing through and can affect the hips etc.... It's all a maybe guess work situation and we may never know but it is hard to sack people now unless its gross misconduct......🤔🤷‍♀️

Edited by Hales

38 minutes ago, hackneyfox said:

I notice that whatever the subject it's the same posters piling in on Rodgers.

He's the manager/scapegoat. Same as it ever was.

1 hour ago, PaulW said:

Or maybe he advised that they were ready, with the consequences that we are all only too aware of. 

No one knows, like I’ve said in previous posts I know Dave as I live in the same village, the guy has PHD and is very highly regarded by previous managers, I can’t imagine him saying someone is ready if they aren’t.