Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
NasPb

Amartey

1 minute ago, Mickyblueeyes said:

That makes no sense. It’s one game. Sticking Amartey and Ndidi (Jesus!) on the transfer list because of you make no sense. Seriously, what are you on about. We could win next week and they’ll be hero’s again. It’s one game, get a grip.!

I See you Dont understand irony...

Amartey is a versatile player who's role is pretty much cover for the cover. He's not first choice and in many positions he can play he's not even the second choice, but I'd argue he's still a useful squad player.

When we have the number of injuries we've had he's important. But you have to remember he's not their to play when we have our first team available, and he shouldn't be judged as such. We won't get a player of first team quality to sit around waiting for a chance to play.

Having said that he's been poor in a number of games, and needs to work on his positional play because he's a bit of a bomb scare. That should surely be something that's easily corrected though...

I don't think anyone is saying Dan would start by choice or is a brilliant player. He's effectively our 5th choice CB and 4th choice RB. With our budget, what kind of player do you think we could get to replace him to fulfill such back up roles? Injuries have killed us this season so he's played way more often than you'd want. Worth pointing out, though, that he's the only one of our CBs who has scored a goal this season, a goal that won us 3 crucial points...

Edited by Sunbury Fox
  • Like 1

1 minute ago, Sunbury Fox said:

I don't think anyone is saying Dan would start by choice or is a brilliant player. He's effectively our 5th choice CB and 4th choice RB. With our budget, what kind of player do you think we could get to replace him to fulfill such back up roles? Injuries have killed us this season so he's played way more often than you'd want. Worth pointing out, though, that he's the only one of CBs who has scored a goal this season....

Hes going to Score the winner in the FA.cup final...

2 hours ago, Col city fan said:

Reading the replies on here today suggests to me again that FT can be a very bizarre place

Even after today there are posters suggesting Amartey is good enough or ‘could be’

And I get accused of not admitting it when I’m wrong

Meh...

But surely if people changed their minds on a player that would be 'hypocritical', no?

• Haha 2

Amartey seems like a genuine player who tries his best. As some posters have mentioned he’s better when we’re defending against the “better” teams, he’s not the most confident with the ball at his feet, but at least he gives 100% and looks like he’s enjoys playing for us. 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

28 minutes ago, Mark 'expert' Lawrenson said:

We need a scapegoat.

Big Dan will do for now, Albrighton is playing well so he’s fine until his next poor game, Perez and Hamza nailed on scapegoats next time they play.

Nacho still gets pelters by some diehard Nacho haters.

I don’t think Dan is being scapegoated here. I’ve said already and I think most have, he wasn’t directly involved in any of the goals yesterday

But I think even I’ve under-estimated Amartey. I think he’s probably worse than even I thought he was, but not scapegoating here at all

Yesterday they were pretty much all rubbish

Nearly every time I see Amartey play, i think our defence generally looks more shakey. 
I thought the 3 central defenders would help but if anything it’s made it worse 

• Like 3

7 minutes ago, Col city fan said:

I don’t think Dan is being scapegoated here. I’ve said already and I think most have, he wasn’t directly involved in any of the goals yesterday

But I think even I’ve under-estimated Amartey. I think he’s probably worse than even I thought he was, but not scapegoating here at all

Nearly every time I see Amartey play, i think our defence generally looks more shakey. 

Not sure if you have mentioned it before, but I get the feeling you don’t like Amartey?

• Haha 4

Why are we still frothing at the mouth about our 5th choice centre back, thrust in because of a major injury to one of our best players and someone stuck in Timbuctoo because of a virus? I'd say I've never seen anything like it but I do most times Mendy has to deputise for whatever reason. 

12 minutes ago, Sammytielemans8 said:

Amartey should be nowhere need the first team. He is average on the ball but offers nothing in the team. There were better players on the bench than him yesterday ie Thomas. He seems like a nice guy but if we want to achieve top 4/6, he needs to go

Does Amartey start for you then when Cags and Justin are fit and available? 

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, Col city fan said:

The fact you single out Amartey every time he plays yet ignore worse performers is scapegoating him. 

• Like 1

It's difficult to take anything you post here seriously. Almost every post is this kind of performative 'common nonsense'

Has anyone got any statistics of how many goals we have conceded playing 3 at the back, we get caught so many times when the wing backs attack, especially without soyuncu's speed. I'm sure we concede far less with 2 cbs.

17 hours ago, Mickyblueeyes said:

That makes no sense. It’s one game. Sticking Amartey and Ndidi (Jesus!) on the transfer list because of you make no sense. Seriously, what are you on about. We could win next week and they’ll be hero’s again. It’s one game, get a grip.!

.. he was clearly being sarcastic!!!

3 hours ago, Col city fan said:

..you take a look at our wide Centre Backs in a back five and and they are all poor  as they get no protection from their Wing Backs!!!

The reason why he looks  better against the bigger teams is because we hold back the Wing backs so he doesn't have to go wide to engage. 

• Like 1