Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
NasPb

Amartey

1 hour ago, filbertway said:

I still remember when I had him down as the best ball playing centre back we had lol

Man we've come a long way as a football team in 5 years.

Really? He’s absolutely terrible with the ball at his feet. Even big Wes is better at passing 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, TJB-fox said:

Really? He’s absolutely terrible with the ball at his feet. Even big Wes is better at passing 

When the options were Morgan, Huth and that bald psychopath he was Pele in my eyes haha. Morgan looks like a toddler being taught to pass when he's on the ball. I've never seen a premier league footballer concentrate so much making a simple basic side foot pass lol. Benny was decent on the ball in comparison but also a complete liability at all times. Huth was...Huth.

Wes was a superb last 5 minutes striker though, he was really good as using his body. He's pulled off some insane moves in the other teams box haha.

Amartey played central midfield on a semi-regular basis for the reigning champions of the league. Good lord. And people wonder why Kante jumped ship lol

• Like 1

20 minutes ago, TJB-fox said:

...funnily enough, he was the one breaking the lines with his passes from the back!!!

He can be laboured in his passing and had two moments on the pitch which could have cost us but he was not the reason why we got shot down. 

Edited by sacreblueits442
  • Like 2

6 hours ago, hejammy said:

I think the problem is to accommodate Nacho, we really need to play with 3 CBs. It's really a tricky one because how can he drop our in form striker but to get him into the team we need to play a certain formation. 

no we don't

• Thanks 1

On 14/04/2021 at 06:54, filbertway said:

When the options were Morgan, Huth and that bald psychopath 

If had to venture down a dark back street in the bad part of town I would love to have any one of those three with me. 

On 14/04/2021 at 14:07, sacreblueits442 said:

...funnily enough, he was the one breaking the lines with his passes from the back!!!

He can be laboured in his passing and had two moments on the pitch which could have cost us but he was not the reason why we got shot down. 

This is correct. He’s generally quite uncomfortable at receiving the ball but he’s actually quite good at playing medium length passes between the lines. Peculiar set of skills tbh

Edited by Stadt
  • Like 2

2 hours ago, Stadt said:

This is correct. He’s generally quite uncomfortable at receiving the ball but he’s actually quite good at playing medium length passes between the lines. Peculiar set of skills tbh

He's a bit like Ndidi in that the longer the pass he attempts, the more likely it'll find its target

• Like 3

1 hour ago, Guest said:

He's a bit like Ndidi in that the longer the pass he attempts, the more likely it'll find its target

Especially if the target is in about the 5th row.  Wilf's deadly accurate there.

Amartey seems like a good dude, and he's a nice guy to have around for cup games and dire emergencies.  But those are the only times he should ever be on the pitch for a club that considers itself a European contender.  His ball skills are atrocious and pretty much every game he's got at least 1-2 total bomb scares in him.  That's not knocking the guy, it's just facing reality.

4 hours ago, Deeg67 said:

Especially if the target is in about the 5th row.  Wilf's deadly accurate there.

Amartey seems like a good dude, and he's a nice guy to have around for cup games and dire emergencies.  But those are the only times he should ever be on the pitch for a club that considers itself a European contender.  His ball skills are atrocious and pretty much every game he's got at least 1-2 total bomb scares in him.  That's not knocking the guy, it's just facing reality.

This! He's important cover for those times we have an injury crisis. We can't expect to have a player of the same quality as the first eleven just waiting on the sidelines, and defensively he's not that bad. 

I just panic when he gets the ball and has to make a pass under pressure. I'd feel more comfortable if, in those situations, he ignored Rodgers and hoofed the ball up field as far as possible or even out of play.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, Deeg67 said:

May have been true a couple of seasons ago but certainly isn’t anymore

80.6% completion for passes that are 30 yards or more

• Like 1

5 hours ago, Deeg67 said:

Rodgers obviously prefers him to Fuchs, Benko and Knight at the back , must be a reason.

• 5 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...

I saw that there were loads of Dan threads I could resurrect, no real reason for choosing this one... anyways....

Amartey's impressed me of late. I've always liked the guy (however one decides to like someone you don't know!) but didn't honestly think he'd make the grade for us. Always looked a bit timid/uncertain to me.

But he looked a more confident player in the preseason. Some really nice football/passing too. I'd be tempted to use him in Fofana's place on Saturday*. My jury's still out on Benko; he looks calm and controlled, and I like that, (and he can ping a decent pass) but I'm not sure of his positional play and reading of the game. 

*Edit: though maybe BR will decide to stick Wilf at CB and use Soumare (or Hamza) in the usual Ndidi role. Saturday's going to be a 'make do' line-up at CB.

Edited by drumbeat
  • Like 2

I hope that following his injury problems he is now fully up to speed.  Like Pereira, last season for Amartey was coming back after a long lay off.

He is a former international captain.   Last season, he was a level below our top 3 CBS.  He did have some good games though.   I hope he can raise his game this season

1 minute ago, Sol thewall Bamba said:

He's clearly the obvious choice for the start of the season over any other option we currently have. Getting on for 100 games for us, 7 seasons and 4 managers and he's still in the first team setup. 

Daniel-Amartey-celebrates-his-winning-goal-against-Brighton-and-Hove-Albion.jpg

Still feel Rodgers would rather play Ndidi and drop Soumare into CDM.