Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
foxpleasure

Gabriel Barbosa

4 minutes ago, jeffschlupp said:

It depends just how much of an idiot he is.

If he is the sort of guy that gets angry on the pitch, or even just someone who isn't afraid to throw an elbow when he can get away with it (VAR included), then we could probably do with that. We've missed the Huth/Wasilewski fire and aggression at times.

If he is the sulking type like Riyad, but he still pops up with magic moments, then we could do with that too. The geniuses are rarely stable.

I can't see him being that disruptive when he's banged in goals consistently and is a regular for Flamengo.

Not sure Inter or Benfica will agree with that.

He sounds like Slimani on coke and would probably be a total disaster........and for some reason that’s why part of me wants this to happen. 

• Haha 2

We sign this guy and it'll go

he blatantly breaks quarantine/lockdown rules

Tests positive for covid 19, misses another 2 weeks

Doesn't feature for at least a month

Let's off a fire extinguisher and/or invites girls back to the hotel on an away trip in Europe 

Is pictured with Madders living it up in Magaluf, probably with a lit cigarette in his gob

Flies back to Brazil in an international break, against the advice/rules of the club, has to quarantine again

Somehow, despite being a massive sh*thouse, becomes some sort of cult hero

It's a big "if" we sign him though, just can't see it

Edited by Jimbo
  • Haha 2

Just now, Jimbo said:

Let's off a fire extinguisher and/or invites girls back to the hotel on an away trip in Europe 

Is pictured with Madders living it up in Magaluf, probably with a lit cigarette in his gob

Flies back to Brazil in an international break, against the advice/rules of the club, has to quarantine again

This is a great prediction of how it will go and also one of the best poems I've ever read.

• Haha 4

Just now, lcfc sheff said:

He’s too similar to iheanacho for me... surely we’d want a striker with aerial ability/hold up play/ or maybe in the mould of Okazaki in terms of being a work horse? He’s not any of those really 

One of his strengths is his hold up play.

14 minutes ago, moore_94 said:

Could be interesting trying to make that work, playing off Vardy but is essentially our right winger

Which was my initial point. After a few failed attempts of fitting someone in put on the right, I would prefer we go out and get a straight up RWer. 

However, if we were to play with wing backs and two up top, him and Bardy with Maddison in behind them would be an exciting prospect. 

1 minute ago, lcfc sheff said:

His touch seems a bit dodgy to me but if you say so then maybe we see him as a partner to vardy? 

I think Rodgers is desperate for a new Coutinho. Even tried to mould Maddison that way. Don’t think we'll see a partner for Vardy, not as plan A anyway. If we're genuinely after this guy I would think that Brendan will play him as a wide striker in a 3 with Vardy, Perez/Barnes 

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, Jimbo said:

I think Rodgers is desperate for a new Coutinho. Even tried to mould Maddison that way. Don’t think we'll see a partner for Vardy, not as plan A anyway. If we're genuinely after this guy I would think that Brendan will play him as a wide striker in a 3 with Vardy, Perez/Barnes 

Gabigol is not a particularly creative player though, he's a forward rather than the technician that Rodgers loves. Thats why I think the right winger we are after is going to be more of a Brooks/Cantwell type who is both an attacking central midfielder who can play wide.

11 minutes ago, Jimbo said:

He’s desperate for someone to score a **** tonne of goals.... and he’s a player we have looked at before, so I would say this is a signing the club want, we know the owners like a players that will also be a poster boy in another nation. So ideally, he will shift shirts in Brazil and score a **** tonne of goals... let’s just hope he doesn’t get pissed and mount a pelican in the process......

Could be biblical. Could be.

Edited by Pliskin

2 minutes ago, Ric Flair said:

Gabigol is not a particularly creative player though, he's a forward rather than the technician that Rodgers loves. Thats why I think the right winger we are after is going to be more of a Brooks/Cantwell type who is both an attacking central midfielder who can play wide.

I agree, don't think we'll get this guy anyway, if we are in for him. Probably more of a tentative enquiry. Brendan was probably clearing out some old filing cabinets and found his scout report from a few years ago lol thought he'd make a quick phone call to test the water

Whoever we get I just hope they can interchange quickly. Wouldn't mind seeing 3 players, including Maddison, behind Vardy, all of who can interchange with each other and all equally as comfortable playing left, right or centre 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Jimbo said:

If he was to arrive on the scene and we keep Iheanacho, then surely Perez is surplus to requirements, he's no winger and isn't good enough to displace those 3 or Maddison and Barnes. Cash in?

1 hour ago, Ric Flair said:

Adam Ounas looks to be your guy. Seems taylor made for your description.

1 hour ago, Jimbo said:

It's a big "if" we sign him though, just can't see it

I hope every word come true!