Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
foxpleasure

Gabriel Barbosa

2 hours ago, fox_up_north said:

Way too many risk factors

- new country (culture and climate)

- a very different temperament to what we're used to

- gets red carded for stupid things

- Inter had him for a good few seasons and kept loaning him out, before selling him for way less than they bought him for

Exactly, what could possibly go wrong?

Edited by foxpleasure

8 minutes ago, foxpleasure said:

Reminds me of when we signed Collymore.

Just like putting your tongue on a battery: you know its gonna hurt but you can't resist anyway.

I’d use the ass eating analogy instead😂 you know you shouldn’t but the temptation is too Strong to resist.

• Haha 1

Sounds like a classic head v heart situation and in the current circumstances I think we need to stick firmly with the former rather than the latter. Unless we're going to play with 2 up front it's going to be difficult if not impossible to convince anyone to come in and play 2nd fiddle to JV except perhaps a young prospect like Connolly from Brighton.

22 minutes ago, Muzzy_Larsson said:

If there's any truth in this then this is an example of Congerton at the wheel. Highly doubt this guy will be suited to or would prove to be a success in English football.

We’ve been linked with him consistently for about 5 years or so 

• Like 3

I do genuinely think that someone at the club has recommended this signing, based on our past links to the player, to the current management team and they've pulled out our old scouting reports to have a look.

His record outside of his home country would hardly make anyone sit up and take notice of him. 

Rodgers has scanned through the scouting report, made a phone call to the relevant people to ask the question, has been told no and that's the end of it. 

Yet foxestalk being what it is, has taken the very tenuous link and will run with it for weeks until the transfer window closes and then moan about it not happening like it was nailed on to happen and Rudkin/Congerton/Rodgers will be slated for not making it happen when it was never going to happen in the 1st place.

Of course, I could be so wrong, but I just can't see this being even close to happening, if we were ever geuinely interested in the first place. 

3 hours ago, fox_up_north said:

Way too many risk factors

- new country (culture and climate)

- a very different temperament to what we're used to

- gets red carded for stupid things

- Inter had him for a good few seasons and kept loaning him out, before selling him for way less than they bought him for

Absolutely, they're called clues aren't they. If he couldn't perform for Benfica or Inter in what may be regarded as less competitive leagues, what makes anyone think he'd storm it here? If his name was Bill Smith from Darlington he wouldn't even get his name mentioned. 

8 hours ago, FoxesWalk said:

From the mercury. Says we are not interested during this window despite making contact with the players agents... Could be that we see him as a potential option replace Vardy in a year or two and don’t intend to peruse until then? 

1B923F5B-091C-4D54-8BCB-33C8DBF50780.jpeg

The Merc is about as reliable as a ship made of tissue paper. 

8 hours ago, Jimbo said:

I do genuinely think that someone at the club has recommended this signing, based on our past links to the player, to the current management team and they've pulled out our old scouting reports to have a look.

His record outside of his home country would hardly make anyone sit up and take notice of him. 

Rodgers has scanned through the scouting report, made a phone call to the relevant people to ask the question, has been told no and that's the end of it. 

Yet foxestalk being what it is, has taken the very tenuous link and will run with it for weeks until the transfer window closes and then moan about it not happening like it was nailed on to happen and Rudkin/Congerton/Rodgers will be slated for not making it happen when it was never going to happen in the 1st place.

Of course, I could be so wrong, but I just can't see this being even close to happening, if we were ever geuinely interested in the first place. 

You think? Given as many comments here don’t think it’s a good fit.