Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
foxpleasure

Gabriel Barbosa

3 minutes ago, Foxy_Bear said:

I'm always a bit wary of players when they dont have a standout position. Utility players seem to do ok and nothing more. 

He has been played pretty much as only a striker since he moved back to Brazil in 2018

16 minutes ago, StriderHiryu said:

89' GOAL FROM FLAMENGO, GOAL BRASILEIRO. GABIGOL

90'+2 GOAL FROM FLAMENGO, GOAL BRASILEIRO. GABIGOL AGAIN. MADNESS IN LIMA

90+3 Gabigol receives a yellow for getting his shirt out. Don't think he cares.

90+5 Red card for Gabigol for going to provocate River fans after a foul.

All this in the Copa Liberatoderes final, the South American equivalent of the Champions League.

Fair play he bagged a couple. Other than that I thought he looked shit 😂

7 minutes ago, honeybradger said:

I know he scored 2 goals but that's an absolute shitter of a performance up till the 85th minute.

He was awful all game but showed up and banged 'em in when it mattered. What a final.

I didn't mention this in my earlier post but when he purposely got himself sent off against Gremio, it was obvious he knew that game was in the bag and he was taking the rest of the game off to stay fresh for the Libertadores final.

He also made sure to taunt the Gremio fans on his way off the pitch.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

So basically he’s Mario Balotelli, Diego Costa and Alfredo Morelos rolled into one.

First week he’ll be letting fireworks off at the training ground, first game he’ll get sent off for elbowing an opponent, his first game back from suspension he’ll threaten to murder an away fan.

Then back from his second suspension, he’ll score a hat-trick, get pissed in town, graffiti Gabigol on the King Richard III statue and get fined a months wages.

I’d give him a miss.

7 minutes ago, moore_94 said:

He has been played pretty much as only a striker since he moved back to Brazil in 2018

I don't really know too much about him but the chap on SSN says that although he plays up top, he plays up with someone and has the license to roam. 

From his YT vid he seems to favour drifting out to the right. 

Just now, Foxy_Bear said:

I don't really know too much about him but the chap on SSN says that although he plays up top, he plays up with someone and has the license to roam. 

From his YT vid he seems to favour drifting out to the right. 

Could be interesting trying to make that work, playing off Vardy but is essentially our right winger

• Like 1

It depends just how much of an idiot he is.

If he is the sort of guy that gets angry on the pitch, or even just someone who isn't afraid to throw an elbow when he can get away with it (VAR included), then we could probably do with that. We've missed the Huth/Wasilewski fire and aggression at times.

If he is the sulking type like Riyad, but he still pops up with magic moments, then we could do with that too. The geniuses are rarely stable.

I can't see him being that disruptive when he's banged in goals consistently and is a regular for Flamengo.

• Like 1