Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
foxpleasure

Gabriel Barbosa

17 minutes ago, Ricey said:

Sounds like a Rodgers/Congerton signing. Doesn't sounds like a Leicester signing.

I’m sure we was linked with Barbosa before Rodgers came in

Edit

Leicester make £23m offer for Brazil forward Gabriel Barbosa

• Premier League champions want quick answer from ‘Gabigol’
• Juventus and Inter have also made bids for Santos forward
 @FabrizioRomano
Wed 10 Aug 2016 04.49 EDT

Edited by happy85

We've been linked with him since 2016, possibly even earlier than that. We have a track record of going in for previously missed targets so I could definitely see there being an interest. It also seems a bit too left-field to just be made up, a bit like that link to Trincao earlier in the window.

I can't see a Brazilian party boy turning up in Leicester of all places, though you never know that might be exactly what a player like this needs so he doesn't turn into another "what-if?" like Adriano. 

He's definitely a high-risk, high-reward player. 90% chance he would fail, but he's the sort that if it did work out could propel the club to another level. His temperament might be suspect, but his talent clearly is not. If he didn't work out I also suspect it would be easy to loan him back to any number of clubs in Brazil, possibly even Portugal, so you might only be taking the hit on the transfer fee.

• Like 2

14 minutes ago, AKCJ said:

I'm the same mate haha

A samba striker that's gonna bang a few in but get himself sent off for taking a piss in front of the away end.

Get him in my club.

Tbh, he is probably just as likely to take a piss at the home end. lol

4 minutes ago, AjcW said:

Egomaniacs gravitate to other egomaniacs... It's why as others have pointed out BR did well with Suarez and Mario.

It's also why him and Kasper get on...

He did not work well with Mario at all.That is why this concerns me. He was a big flop

Maybe Suarez worked because he was arguably the best striker in the world at the time  and would’ve scored goals wherever he was? 

• Like 1

Vickery is just telling us what we've been saying all thread. The fact he played such little football at Inter and Benfica just reeks of a billy big-balls with a chip on his shoulder who basically unpicked himself with a shitty attitude.

The rest of the squad will absolutely hate him, he'll be ostracized like Slimani was. 

But he's Brazilian, so who cares? PAY THE MONEY.

Massive risk. Just the kind of signing I love. He’s got trickery, flair, an eye for goal, a foot like a traction engine and novelty hairstyles. 

Basically he looks like a custom player someone has made in FIFA.

• Haha 2

5 minutes ago, StriderHiryu said:

89' GOAL FROM FLAMENGO, GOAL BRASILEIRO. GABIGOL

90'+2 GOAL FROM FLAMENGO, GOAL BRASILEIRO. GABIGOL AGAIN. MADNESS IN LIMA

90+3 Gabigol receives a yellow for getting his shirt out. Don't think he cares.

90+5 Red card for Gabigol for going to provocate River fans after a foul.

All this in the Copa Liberatoderes final, the South American equivalent of the Champions League.

I know he scored 2 goals but that's an absolute shitter of a performance up till the 85th minute.

• Like 2
  • Haha 2