Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Kopfkino

Things you can't get your head around...

5 minutes ago, Free Falling Foxes said:

Why an increasing amount of motorists don't use their indicators.

I can just about cope when it doesn’t effect me but when it means I miss an opportunity to pull out on a big roundabout it drives me crazy! 

1 hour ago, Wymsey said:

Why some people put their music on loud full-blast in their cars.

I have it louder when on a motorway - but with bass pretty much turned off - and then turn it right down when in built up areas, at lights etc.

It's about having respect for others who wouldn't want to hear my shiite taste in music.

• Like 2

6 hours ago, Captain... said:

People who leave bags of dog poo hanging on a fence, or tree, you've done the unpleasant bit in picking it up with the bag, now just put it in a bin.

Someone round our way bags it, and then chucks the bag on the path. Mind boggling. 

6 hours ago, Jon the Hat said:

The family complains if I do it at home, and some music sounds ****ing Awesome loud!

True. But it can obscure the slightly less loudness of emergency sirens. Might I add, people driving with headphones/earbuds in. Illegal and dangerous.

• Like 1

13 hours ago, UpTheLeagueFox said:

I have it louder when on a motorway - but with bass pretty much turned off - and then turn it right down when in built up areas, at lights etc.

It's about having respect for others who wouldn't want to hear my shiite taste in music.

Nobody wants to hear Celine dion thanks. Canada doesnt want her...keep her there somehow please. Lol.

• Haha 1

44 minutes ago, Otis said:

People who only play the Lotto when it's a mega rollover jackpot.

Don’t really get why anyone plays the lottery. It’s basically burning money. If you want that chance to become a millionaire, buy premium bonds. 

I think though, people do it because there is more equity. The chance of winning a prize never changes but the prizes are much bigger on mega rollovers so there is more value. Lottery is and always will be -ev.

2 hours ago, Benguin said:

Don’t really get why anyone plays the lottery. It’s basically burning money. If you want that chance to become a millionaire, buy premium bonds. 

I have premium bonds - I treat it effectively as a savings account - and I play the lottery for a bit of fun.

One line on Lotto and Euromillions on the twice-weekly draws, all done automatically online with lucky dip numbers.

I know that I'm not likely to ever win big but I can afford it, it's not a huge amount each week, I don't generally bother with other gambling (I've always been sensible with money and been a good saver) and you never know, I might have lady luck smiling on me one time.

Actually I also do the LOROS and Rainbows lotteries, only one tenner win across both over several years, but it's more about supporting local charities.

6 hours ago, Otis said:

People who only play the Lotto when it's a mega rollover jackpot.

I only play the lotto when it's  a larger prize pay out. My reasoning is that i dont want to play every draw so if i wait until it gets huge then i limit how much i spend. Silly, but keeps me grounded with how often i play. To each their own.

• Like 1

15 hours ago, Jattdogg said:

I only play the lotto when it's  a larger prize pay out. My reasoning is that i dont want to play every draw so if i wait until it gets huge then i limit how much i spend. Silly, but keeps me grounded with how often i play. To each their own.

Same..

Also I reckon I could hammer a normal.jackpot million inside 3/4 weeks. 140m is the kind of deal I could live with.

• Haha 1

16 minutes ago, Paninistickers said:

Same..

Also I reckon I could hammer a normal.jackpot million inside 3/4 weeks. 140m is the kind of deal I could live with.

Research seems to show that winning/inheriting a large amount of money, like 1 or 2 million, causes more stress and anxiety than if you won a couple of thousand. The winners are generally those who have never had an almost limitless ability to spend and go a bit crazy when they get such a big amount. My wife always says "Oh I could do with that", when the jackpot is like £3 million. I try to explain to her, it's not going to make you happy.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Parafox said:

Research seems to show that winning/inheriting a large amount of money, like 1 or 2 million, causes more stress and anxiety than if you won a couple of thousand. The winners are generally those who have never had an almost limitless ability to spend and go a bit crazy when they get such a big amount. My wife always says "Oh I could do with that", when the jackpot is like £3 million. I try to explain to her, it's not going to make you happy.

So the stress and anxiety is thinking of all the things you could/should buy?