Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Kopfkino

Things you can't get your head around...

8 hours ago, Shane said:

How Seaworld hasn’t been shut down. What they’re doing to Orca’s in particular, is truly awful. So beautiful & intelligent, they travel 100 miles per day in the ocean, yet are confined to a small space just so Seaworld can gain monetary profits. 

They hunt everything including sharks, but have never attacked a human in the wild. Truly amazing creatures. 

Remember being taken to a zoo as a kid and not liking it. It struck me as a prison for animals. Being too young to adequately express this view though meant my mam just thought I was being mardy. 

Despite all the justifications for these places I still feel the same about them. Never got their attraction for people. 

• Like 3

3 hours ago, Ginger_Filbert said:

Suicide and mental health. 

Having lost a very close mate to suicide and having never suffered any sort of mental health issues myself, I can’t even begin to get my head around how not being here could ever be the best option. 

Same here.

Lost a pal - big City fan - a few years back.

The most positive of positive men, the life and soul, would do anything for anyone, nobody ever said a bad word against him.

Had stuff going on (work/personal) but not what I or others felt was that significant.

One evening he decided enough was enough.

Just goes to show you don't know what goes on behind the eyes.

Wish I could've hugged him and helped him but he kept it inside.

Desperately sad and difficult to understand.

• Like 4
  • Sad 4

11 hours ago, UpTheLeagueFox said:

Same here.

Lost a pal - big City fan - a few years back.

The most positive of positive men, the life and soul, would do anything for anyone, nobody ever said a bad word against him.

Had stuff going on (work/personal) but not what I or others felt was that significant.

One evening he decided enough was enough.

Just goes to show you don't know what goes on behind the eyes.

Wish I could've hugged him and helped him but he kept it inside.

Desperately sad and difficult to understand.

Similar thing happened to me. 

During the 80s my best mate was my girlfriend's brother. 

Unfortunately, we split up (after 7 years) and me and Dave understandably lost touch to some degree (though we'd occasionally meet up for a drink though his sister didn't like it,  and he was living up in Bradford).

When after a couple of years she told me he'd killed himself I was devastated. 

Absolutely didn't see it coming but as you imply that doesn't stop you going over it again and again - and wondering if you could have done anything to help. 

.I'm sure if I'd paid less attention to my girlfriend's wishes and done more to stay in touch...don't know if it would have made much difference, but at least he'd have had someone to talk to. 

Still miss him. 

• Like 3

22 hours ago, Webbo said:

Not strictly true, lots of people give cows milk to kittens.

Please do not feed your kittens/cats, cows milk.

It is bad for them and you will end up cleaning up some very unpleasant outcomes.

If they are sub 8 weeks and separated from mum, you can get special kitten milk, if they are older than 8 weeks, they do not need milk, kitten food and water will be fine.

*source... 400+ cats/kittens through our rescue since January.

• Like 4

38 minutes ago, Stuntman_Mike said:

Great thread with some great posts. 

One of the ones for me is time, as in how moments are closer than we realise to other events we might not think about.

For example the USA is only 86 years older than Notts County. 

That's one of the most interesting things to me about the differences between the "old world" and the "new". The oldest man-made structures around where I live are 150-200 years old. Most houses are within 100 years old. Leicester City football club is older than that lol

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Stuntman_Mike said:

Great thread with some great posts. 

One of the ones for me is time, as in how moments are closer than we realise to other events we might not think about.

For example the USA is only 86 years older than Notts County. 

That's a brilliant stat.

21 hours ago, Ginger_Filbert said:

Suicide and mental health. 

Having lost a very close mate to suicide and having never suffered any sort of mental health issues myself, I can’t even begin to get my head around how not being here could ever be the best option. 

And people who say it’s a cowards way out, no way I can understand that school of thought.

On 16/09/2020 at 22:11, Stoopid said:

Remember being taken to a zoo as a kid and not liking it. It struck me as a prison for animals. Being too young to adequately express this view though meant my mam just thought I was being mardy. 

Despite all the justifications for these places I still feel the same about them. Never got their attraction for people. 

I felt the same in my teenage years,but after travelling seeing we are ruining our own & animals Habitat live in a very naive hope,

that having Zoos,allows the various species to Live in hope, that  One day we will return to our senses...if We ever had them..!!

I have been fortunate to see many  animals & reptiles in their Natural habitat,

some even wisely clever relocated,by local peoples who do care and actually Act & react.....

Edited by fuchsntf

1 hour ago, fuchsntf said:

I felt the same in my Teenage years,but after travelling seeing we are Running put own & animals Habitat live in a very naive hope,that having Zoos,allows the various species to Live in hope, that  One day we will return to our senses...if We ever had them..!!ich

I have been fortunate to See many  animals & teqxtiles in their Natural habitat,some even wisely clever relocated,by peoples who do care and actually Act & react.

You edited that? lol

• Haha 1

Hello, I have a small problem, my husband is up North... looking after his  96 yr old father.. last night they text me and said...wait for it.: what are the names of the 2 players who transferred to Torquay, in the 1970s... as I dont know anything about football, I thought I would ask someone who does.

Please excuse me if this is difficult, but I dont know how to find out .

regards

Mrs Alex Langton.. Desperate Housewife

5 hours ago, Alex Cam said:

Hello, I have a small problem, my husband is up North... looking after his  96 yr old father.. last night they text me and said...wait for it.: what are the names of the 2 players who transferred to Torquay, in the 1970s... as I dont know anything about football, I thought I would ask someone who does.

Please excuse me if this is difficult, but I dont know how to find out .

regards

Mrs Alex Langton.. Desperate Housewife

Derek Harrison and Dave Tearse moved there in 1971

Looks like Pat Kruse transferred later in 1975

Edited by Smudge

Black holes in space. I just don't understand. There was a news report the other day that scientists have been studying a black hole 1 million, trillion miles away! How can the detect anything at such a distance for one thing, then they discovered that the edges of the black hole "wobble" as it eats energy. 

• Like 1

43 minutes ago, Parafox said:

Black holes in space. I just don't understand. There was a news report the other day that scientists have been studying a black hole 1 million, trillion miles away! How can the detect anything at such a distance for one thing, then they discovered that the edges of the black hole "wobble" as it eats energy. 

If you have any specific questions on this one, feel free to respond here or inbox me.

One thing I will say is that the energy output of some black holes as they eject matter is truly gargantuan, so now that we know what we're looking for, they're not that difficult to find.

15 minutes ago, leicsmac said:

If you have any specific questions on this one, feel free to respond here or inbox me.

One thing I will say is that the energy output of some black holes as they eject matter is truly gargantuan, so now that we know what we're looking for, they're not that difficult to find.

as space is black how do you know they are black everything in space seems to black and who dug the whole in the first place and what have they done with all the stuff they dug out of the black whole 

On 17/09/2020 at 19:02, Free Falling Foxes said:

In just 60 years, mankind went from learning to fly to landing on the moon.

Yeah I remember hearing that on a podcast a while back I think - that we're now further away from landing on the moon than landing on the moon was from the Wright Brothers' plane taking off for a few seconds for the first time.

When you think man landing on the moon is still in a lot of people's living memories. It makes you realise there were loads of people who saw the development of the Wright Brothers plane turning into landing on the moon in their lifetime.

Edited by Sampson
  • Like 1

3 minutes ago, Bellend Sebastian said:

When blokes (oddly enough) say that female comedians just aren't funny.

I'd cheerily concede that a lot aren't, but is the proportion higher than that of the male ones? I have my doubts

What’s funny to one person, isn’t funny to the next.