Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Kopfkino

Things you can't get your head around...

15 minutes ago, UpTheLeagueFox said:

You'd think they'd at least give you feedback as every little helps.

Yeah agree.. just stressful trying find a job after leaving one to join another company but turns out the new company is not that great. Offers no training hours are lied about hence trying to get a job at tesco or asda. Just which it was like back in days when you go to the place pick a form fill it and then wait for a call to says yeah or no lol haha

31 minutes ago, UpTheLeagueFox said:

You'd think they'd at least give you feedback as every little helps.

12 minutes ago, TeamRocket said:

Yeah agree.. just stressful trying find a job after leaving one to join another company but turns out the new company is not that great. Offers no training hours are lied about hence trying to get a job at tesco or asda. Just which it was like back in days when you go to the place pick a form fill it and then wait for a call to says yeah or no lol haha

You were quite right to ignore my unfunny Tesco slogan "gag" :appl:

• Haha 2

On 15/09/2020 at 07:58, theessexfox said:

Similarly, the development of language itself. How on Earth did people start saying words for things, and how did they then form into coherent sentences with verb tenses and adjectives, etc? And how did that happen independently of each other hundreds of thousands (?) of times? I don’t understand it whatsoever 

Obviously there are thousands of regional differences or refinements in languages,  but if you trace them back far enough there are surprisingly few root tongues that they developed from. 

Same with writing really. The idea of an alphabet came from the middle-east (as an alternative to hieroglyphics or pictures representing sounds) and most in use now - even Arabic and Cyrillic - have that common root.

It was an incredible thought-experiment - one that made the world we live in now feasible - possibly the greatest ever human achievement. 

Speech is one thing,  writing quite another. 

On 24/09/2020 at 15:29, leicsmac said:

Exactly how gravity can act "faster than light" is one of the true mysteries of astrophysics, that's for sure.

To expand on the structure of a black hole a little more, most of what we see as "black" is in fact the "event horizon" - the point at which light cannot escape, hence, black. The core of the black hole itself - the singularity - is at the centre of that. Also, there are different types of black hole, based on size and how they originated.

Do they have any idea what happens to all this mass in a black hole?

Is it all flying around crashing into each other or is it simply vacuum packed?

On 29/09/2020 at 18:14, Ginger_Filbert said:

Do they have any idea what happens to all this mass in a black hole?

Is it all flying around crashing into each other or is it simply vacuum packed?

Sorry for not getting back to this earlier!

The mass inside a black hole is compressed into spaces so dense that it's difficult to comprehend them. That much mass in such a small place is what generates so much gravity to cause the black hole in the first place.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

The late Carl Sagan once said in his wonderful tv series Cosmos 'We're made of star stuff'. Apart from hydrogen, the 92 natural elements including the nitrogen in our DNA, the calcium in our bones and the iron in our blood were all formed billions of years ago through nuclear fusion inside stars. This is the periodic table, giving the derivations of all the elements.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Supernova#/media/File:Nucleosynthesis_periodic_table.svg

• Like 1

1 hour ago, RonnieTodger said:

How quickly Fake News and information spreads. 

So many people are conned by the first thing that they read on facebook/twitter alongside fake quotes/screenshots. 

Have you seen the one doing the rounds at the minute about the persons aunts, best mates nephew went to get a Covid test, test centre was packed so they went home without a test then two days later got a positive result through? I’ve seen it about 12 times now from 12 different people it’s excruciating. 

I do worry about the state of humanity when you see what some people are prepared to believe on social media. I just think surely you aren’t actually thick enough to believe that? 

• Like 2

5 hours ago, RobHawk said:

How we had more posts in the Wesley fofana transfer thread, than the coronavirus thread. 

Talk about 2020 priorities 🤣🤣

If Wesley Fofana was the Health Minister Coronavirus would never have arrived on British shores, he would have intercepted and sent The United Kingdom on the counter attack.

• Haha 1

In episode 2F09, when Itchy plays Scratchy's skeleton like a xylophone, he strikes the same rib in succession, yet he produces two clearly different tones. I mean, are we to believe that this is a magic xylophone or something?

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

1 hour ago, AKCJ said:

In episode 2F09, when Itchy plays Scratchy's skeleton like a xylophone, he strikes the same rib in succession, yet he produces two clearly different tones. I mean, are we to believe that this is a magic xylophone or something?

Itchy may have placed his paw on Scratchy’s rib, shortening its length and therefore increasing the resultant pitch. Much like a “Shatterproof” ruler at school. 

On 01/10/2020 at 09:23, RonnieTodger said:

How quickly Fake News and information spreads. 

So many people are conned by the first thing that they read on facebook/twitter alongside fake quotes/screenshots. 

On 01/10/2020 at 10:50, Manini said:

Have you seen the one doing the rounds at the minute about the persons aunts, best mates nephew went to get a Covid test, test centre was packed so they went home without a test then two days later got a positive result through? I’ve seen it about 12 times now from 12 different people it’s excruciating. 
I do worry about the state of humanity when you see what some people are prepared to believe on social media. I just think surely you aren’t actually thick enough to believe that? 

The same happens re poppies.

Someone shares something saying people have been told that poppies aren't allowed to be sold this year in "certain areas" (the implication being Muslim areas) and the 'militant right' get stirred up with even more hatred.

It's bolllocks every single year and it doesn't help anyone.

3 hours ago, UpTheLeagueFox said:

The same happens re poppies.

Someone shares something saying people have been told that poppies aren't allowed to be sold this year in "certain areas" (the implication being Muslim areas) and the 'militant right' get stirred up with even more hatred.

It's bollocks every single year and it doesn't help anyone.

https://www.theguardian.com/world/2017/nov/12/forgotten-muslim-heroes-fought-for-britain-first-world-war

They deserve to be remembered in the same way that all those who fought and died in any conflict. Descendants and anyone else should be free to buy a poppy in honour of all that have given their lives no matter their ethnicity. Anyone who protests against the remembrance of all those who died, wherever they're from is an ignorant and shameless person, in my opinion.

Social media will be the pariah of modern and future society.

How the Internet works and even is a thing.

How you can press a button on something and it takes a picture to keep forever. 
How wireless works. How can my phone send my wireless headphones sounds to play in my ears or how can you use Bluetooth to send files/date through the air. 

On a similar topic to the previous, how the radio works. 

• Like 1