Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
DJ Barry Hammond

Club Finances - new charge registered against club (Macquaire Bank Limited)

48 minutes ago, Osavo said:

Can't believe people still believe this nonsense.

We're skint and so is he, King Power isn't going to recover. I'm pretty sceptical that their vast wealth actually came from a chain of relatively obscure duty free shops, but however it was generated, it certainly isn't being generated anymore.

Just wish they (or whoever is responsible for these loans) would stop irresponsibly saddling the club with god knows how much debt secured against (increasingly) uncertain future earnings. 

bangkok airport is not a relatively obscure duty free shop, stop being daft. they can move huge sums of money through it. 

Edited by Out Foxed
  • Like 2

11 minutes ago, Richmondfox said:

If you have ever been to Thailand you will know they are not obscure.  They have a monopoly on the airports and have shopping malls everywhere.  The problem since the pandemic is their target audience is Chinese tourists who like to spend big on designer items. Now they are coming back the tills are starting to ring again. 

8 minutes ago, Out Foxed said:

bangkok airport is not a relatively obscure duty free shop, stop being daft. they can move huge sums of money through it. 

If you’re suggesting that they have made their wealth from duty free shops, then you’re a bit deluded. 

You have both conveniently ignored their cozying up with the Thai Royal Family; I would imagine that is where the bulk of their wealth is derived from.

Edited by Matt_Lcfc
  • Like 2

1 hour ago, st albans fox said:

It says it’s probably a renewal of the facility. 

don’t any of you have an overdraft that you don’t use?  But it’s there in case you do. Because you may not have time to arrange an overdraft when you suddenly need it.  When you’re speaking about sums like this they need to be secured - that’s what a charge on a business is.  It doesn’t mean it’s owed - it’s there in case it’s needed.

Thank you.

There’s lots to worry about. This ain’t it. 

7 minutes ago, Matt_Lcfc said:

If you’re suggesting that they have made their wealth from duty free shops, then you’re a bit deluded. 

You have both conveniently ignored their cozying up with the Thai Royal Family; I would imagine that is where the bulk of their wealth is derived from.

No need for a haughty response where a bon mot might be suffice.  Our comments were responding to the use of the word obscure, King Power as a duty free outlet and company is anything but obscure.  Where I mentioned monopoly, that was the implication of the tea money, as it’s known in Thailand. 

15 minutes ago, Matt_Lcfc said:

They made their money from a monopoly of said shops and diversified into other things, like owning part of Air Asia, buying massoof fook off skyscrapers, hotels and the like.

• Like 3

47 minutes ago, Richmondfox said:

No need for a haughty response where a bon mot might be suffice.  Our comments were responding to the use of the word obscure, King Power as a duty free outlet and company is anything but obscure.  Where I mentioned monopoly, that was the implication of the tea money, as it’s known in Thailand. 

How was it a haughty response mate, if you think that then it is your problem.

I am well aware what your comments were about. My response was a mere reply to that, the word ‘obscure’ is probably correct because like I have clearly said, they have always had an undeniable link to the Thai Royal Family.

Edited by Matt_Lcfc

43 minutes ago, Babylon said:

They made their money from a monopoly of said shops and diversified into other things, like owning part of Air Asia, buying massoof fook off skyscrapers, hotels and the like.

Have you maybe thought why they have been able to diversify and maintain a monopoly. 

I am not saying that this is definitely this case, because nor me or you have an understanding about the ins and outs of King Power.

But some critical thinking is needed here. I would imagine it’s similar to other billionaires: they have been able to maintain this monopoly due to good contacts. 

Thailand has plenty of problems with corruption, and Top / his inner circle have had close links with the shady people in that country for years. I won’t spell it out for you, but as I have said before, eluding to the notion that King Power have always operated legitimately is delusional.

Edited by Matt_Lcfc

52 minutes ago, Babylon said:

The “relatively obscure” King Power Mahanakhon there, previously the tallest building in Thailand and filled with hotel, restaurant, shops and vast money making opportunities. 

9D9EFA09-573C-44EC-8B7E-94D018CE2CC2.jpeg.878f9e624911eed9b7ddbad1a85b5844.jpeg

Haven’t even finished the building. Proves they have money issues 😜 

• Haha 3

52 minutes ago, Babylon said:

Companies that do that kind of thing tend to be run by really pleasant people who deserve our eternal deference

2 hours ago, sacreblueits442 said:

...I speculated awhile back that Top could be feeling guilty and would seek to make it up to Rodgers!!!

Well if he was to give Rodgers the freedom to spend in this window then he has to get it right. I cannot see the one in one out scenario having been resolved, FFP does not suddenly go away because of a loan.

Why would he wait until 3 weeks into the window if this is true? We haven't signed anyone! 

Edit: Should have gone to transfertalk first as looks like Kristiansen is close! 

Edited by STUHILL

6 hours ago, Matt_Lcfc said:

Have you maybe thought why they have been able to diversify and maintain a monopoly. 

I am not saying that this is definitely this case, because nor me or you have an understanding about the ins and outs of King Power.

But some critical thinking is needed here. I would imagine it’s similar to other billionaires: they have been able to maintain this monopoly due to good contacts. 

Thailand has plenty of problems with corruption, and Top / his inner circle have had close links with the shady people in that country for years. I won’t spell it out for you, but as I have said before, eluding to the notion that King Power have always operated legitimately is delusional.

We all know why they got the monopoly, back handers and relationships. 

I think there is confusion here about what you are saying, it sounded like you were suggesting there was some other dodgy stream of income and that the “obscure” duty free shops could never generate that money. 

• Like 1

5 hours ago, TJQuik said:

Companies that do that kind of thing tend to be run by really pleasant people who deserve our eternal deference

If you there there are many people rich enough to buy us that haven’t been even the slightest bit iffy then you are kidding yourself.

They’ve treated the club with a lot of respect and that’s what I care about. We are going to be a rich man’s play thing for a long time.

• Like 1

Guest David Oldfields Gate
7 hours ago, MattFox said:

https://www.wsj.com/articles/SB844190066655531500

Here’s an article from 1996!! Explaining how Vichai made his money.

Basically by good fortune and doing slightly shady deals to win concessions across south east asia

Morning, I'd be keen to access this article without signing up to the WSJ, it looks a good find, are you able to copy and paste into the chat? No worries if not. Ta.

13 minutes ago, David Oldfields Gate said:

Morning, I'd be keen to access this article without signing up to the WSJ, it looks a good find, are you able to copy and paste into the chat? No worries if not. Ta.

Not sure why this wasn't working but should be fixed now https://archive.is/XyIK3

Edited by Ste
Wrong link

9 hours ago, Richmondfox said:

Haha funnily enough it's also called that in India. "chai paisa" 

• Like 1