Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
DJ Barry Hammond

Club Finances - new charge registered against club (Macquaire Bank Limited)

3 minutes ago, AjcW said:

Hope a few on here are feeling rather shitty with themselves after some of the comments made about our owners in recent weeks! 

No one like a ‘told you so’

i havent seen anyone show any major disrespect really so not sure why you expect people to feel shitty🤣

We are well justified expecting more investment as we are bordering on relegation and its still a reality because the lack of investment in the summer.

• Like 1

22 minutes ago, UHDrive said:

Ahhh OK. So it's positives and negative. Appreciate that thanks.

Wouldn't say negatives, it's all positive. Merely saying there is always a way of asset stripping and cashing in if they wanted to ha, not that I'd be worried about them doing so. 

4 minutes ago, Jackubu said:

It's what fans were asking for - a show of commitment. 

He'd already provided that in the loans and the statements he'd given. But as always, it's never enough. 

Even with this people are trying to find negatives, in that it means they are going to sell. 

• Like 4

34 minutes ago, Babylon said:

The money had already been spent, so it's merely moving it around on paper I suppose. As it's no longer a loan they can't charge interest on it, can't demand payment... but it's their club at the end of the day and they have other ways of getting cash out. 

I'd rather it not be on the books as a loan than on it, but I'm not sure it makes a terrible amount of difference if they REALLY wanted to claw the cash back. I'd like to think it just shows their commitment to the club once again and the financial support they have provided. 

We just don't know the ins and outs, for all we know it could be a final bail out from the family, and after that no more (seeing as Vichais wife now seems to be in charge at KP and not Top).

Where did you hear this, out of curiosity?

Not that it bothers me - so long as the most capable person is in charge.

Edit: Just realised you presumably mean she's in charge at King Power, not at KP Stadium (LCFC). Still interesting news, if true.

Edited by Alf Bentley

1 minute ago, Babylon said:

He'd already provided that in the loans and the statements he'd given. But as always, it's never enough. 

Even with this people are trying to find negatives, in that it means they are going to sell. 

Having loans and interest lodged against the club naturally creates an aura of uncertainty regardless of whether you have Top running the club or Steve Dale.  We've had a year of hearing we're skint, can't spend money or whatever else these journos spout - so the value in the statement is ironically invaluable.

You're allowed to criticise as long as you credit when it's due. 

5 minutes ago, les-tah said:

No one like a ‘told you so’

i havent seen anyone show any major disrespect really so not sure why you expect people to feel shitty🤣

We are well justified expecting more investment as we are bordering on relegation and its still a reality because the lack of investment in the summer.

Personally, I love a "told you so" especially when it's done in a really condescending manner 😉

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, AjcW said:

Hope a few on here are feeling rather shitty with themselves after some of the comments made about our owners in recent weeks! 

The fans criticisms could not be what may have sparked this and the signings we've made? No one dislikes the owners, just want the best for the club

• Haha 2

Just now, Alf Bentley said:

Where did you hear this, out of curiosity?

Not that it bothers me - so long as the most capable person is in charge.

Top used to be Chairman on the KP website, that's now his mother and he's the CEO and CCO. Sombat Dechapanichkul is the vice chairman and COO and the daughter Voramas is also vice chairman. 

Now, it can be debated until kingdom come whether that has much impact. But she's been visually elevated to the top of the pile in terms of pictures on the website,  and whilst CEO is generally in charge of day to day, they answer to the board, of which she's the head... and he'd have to seek board approval for big decisions. 

• Thanks 1

So we’ve been done a solid here. I know none of us would expect Top to shaft us over, but in the event the club is sold, it just means that we won’t have a former owner who can start demanding loan repayments and interest since it’s effectively been turned into shares which would be sold to a new owner in future. So worst case if top is looking to sell, we don’t have huge interest payments hanging over us. The club would obviously be more expensive to buy though. 

I think on the balance it’s definitely a better position to be in, if Top became desperate to offload us, he would be forced to sell at a lower price and wouldn’t then be able to recover through loan repayments so from a personal perspective it reads to me like Top is putting club above himself. 

• Like 2

40 minutes ago, st albans fox said:

Hypothetically- I want to invest £150m into LCFC 

if the club owes KP £190m then what happens with my money when it’s invested ?  Theoretically it could be used to pay off the loan so I would be adjusting my shareholding in the business to take account of that. But it makes things v complicated unless my investment was part of an agreed full take over at a set price. 

by removing the KP loans, any investor is buying into the club at the same level as the owners. It just makes things much cleaner. 

If I was been asked to invest as a minority shareholder my first requirement would be for owner to write off loans, so what you say makes sense.

I suspect with the recent cash injections right across the league it's raised the value of the club by default which has helped make this possible.

I heard on Talksport this morning (before anyone mentions I know its a poor source) that Chelsea spent more money in January than all of the clubs in the Bundesliga, La Liga, Ligue 1, and Serie A combined which is absolutely crazy. Apparently Forest did the same in the summer! It just demonstrates the value owners are currently seeing in PL clubs (rightly or wrongly). I'd imagine that so long as the club remains a PL club and even with the limited investment we've seen this season the club will be worth significantly more at the end of this season than it was at the start. Football really has gone mad, but even at these silly prices the potential for growth of the PL in international markets is still sizeable. 

Edited by ian__marshall

5 minutes ago, cityfanlee23 said:

So we’ve been done a solid here. I know none of us would expect Top to shaft us over, but in the event the club is sold, it just means that we won’t have a former owner who can start demanding loan repayments and interest since it’s effectively been turned into shares which would be sold to a new owner in future. So worst case if top is looking to sell, we don’t have huge interest payments hanging over us. The club would obviously be more expensive to buy though. 

I think on the balance it’s definitely a better position to be in, if Top became desperate to offload us, he would be forced to sell at a lower price and wouldn’t then be able to recover through loan repayments so from a personal perspective it reads to me like Top is putting club above himself. 

'I know none of us would expect Top to shaft us over'   

Didn't you see the banners at the games then ? Oh my days !!!

No doubt in years to come when Newcastle become this huge power house we will see many fans jump on the bandwagon same ones who follow man city. Of course we seen it when we won the league. To some fans it's all about whose winning everything rather than supporting local or localish club.