Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
DJ Barry Hammond

Club Finances - new charge registered against club (Macquaire Bank Limited)

8 minutes ago, happy85 said:

All normal. We don't 'pay off' the charges anyway. It just means the PL have paid in time the chunks of TV moneybthat we'd assigned to Macqurie

Also, I presume, Man City have paid their final instalment on Mahrez. Maybe Man U have too on Maguire.....both again were  cashed in early by the club via the bank.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Babylon said:

Most were down as being short term until they’d agreed a long term financing with King Power.

Yes I think this has definitely happened. I'm pretty sure some of those charges with the bank were guaranteed against future earnings past this season so to have cleared them all this summer must mean we have our house in order now that things are settling down. The annual accounts for the next few years will be very interesting.

17 minutes ago, Webbo said:

Wasn't the Maguire, Mahrez and Chilwell money paid in instalments? We probably just had some payments come in.

Rich JonesAssistant Sports Editor
  • 22:57, 22 Oct 2019
  • UPDATED22:59, 22 Oct 2019

Manchester United were so desperate to land Harry Maguire they paid Leicester a huge £80million sum up front, according to reports.

The Telegraph claim United paid almost all of the £85m deal - a world record transfer fee for a defender - in one lump sum in August.

The Red Devils were close to paying the full fee up front but included some minor instalments, such was their determination to ensure they got their man.

Whilst the majority of big-money deals are now paid in instalments with a number of further add-ons based on incentives, Leicester have already netted a massive amount from the Red Devils.

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, ealingfox said:

Can I take it that we are completely stuffed if we were to go down?

Looks that way to me. 

So if we went down this season, we'd give our 22/23 parachute money to the bank and the 23/24, 24/25 we'd have to fund ourselves to the bank. And, onbs, have no money to fancae the playing side for those three seasons. 

My gut feeling is that it is insanity. Even if we don't go down,  how are we to finance the next three seasons, having having already cashed in our chips?

Surely there's a back up plan and/or surely there is financing from another source? (I still maintain this FBS deal stinks)

• Like 1