Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
DJ Barry Hammond

Club Finances - new charge registered against club (Macquaire Bank Limited)

51 minutes ago, Sean2000 said:

I don't see us getting £50m for a bloke with 12 months left on his contact - unless there is a crazy bidding war.  More like £25-£30m in that contract situation.

Southampton got £25m for a 29 year old, with a history of knee injuries with 12 month left.

We will do fine

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Paninistickers said:

Interesting point. How is the stadium expansion, arena, hotel, flats to be paid for? That's to my knowledge never been discussed. 

Isn't the stadium actually owned by King Power? And not LCFC? Assuming that's the case, then the expansion is likely to he funded away from the club presumably using a mix of private finance,  loans and commercial property investors (such as pension firms)

Not sure what LCFC do actually own. It all belongs to King Power and subsidiary, doesn't it? 

1 hour ago, Paninistickers said:

Interesting point. How is the stadium expansion, arena, hotel, flats to be paid for? That's to my knowledge never been discussed. 

Isn't the stadium actually owned by King Power? And not LCFC? Assuming that's the case, then the expansion is likely to he funded away from the club presumably using a mix of private finance,  loans and commercial property investors (such as pension firms)

The club own the stadium and our owners wrote the debt off years ago

44 minutes ago, Spudulike said:

Maybe they do still own it. I just remember they cleared off approx 100m+ worth of our debt by converting the debt into shares, so they couldn't demand the money be repaid to them in the future.

1 hour ago, turlo said:

Maybe they do still own it. I just remember they cleared off approx 100m+ worth of our debt by converting the debt into shares, so they couldn't demand the money be repaid to them in the future.

The stadium was owned by teachers' pension, effectively repossessed by them in administration. King Power bought it off them, basically paying off our mortgage. 

The PL money won't come near funding the stadium. It'll be funded by, presumably, bonds issued to financial institutions, private investors and loans. 

The family must have extraordinarily good connections in South East Asia to persuade punters to pay for this. The mind boggles really how retail sales of Toblerones, marlboro lites and Gordon's gin  create so many financial connections

• Like 2

16 minutes ago, Paninistickers said:

The stadium was owned by teachers' pension, effectively repossessed by them in administration. King Power bought it off them, basically paying off our mortgage. 

The PL money won't come near funding the stadium. It'll be funded by, presumably, bonds issued to financial institutions, private investors and loans. 

The family must have extraordinarily good connections in South East Asia to persuade punters to pay for this. The mind boggles really how retail sales of Toblerones, marlboro lites and Gordon's gin  create so many financial connections

...if anything, this club is highly geared (equity to debt is less than evens) and we have a deficiency at the moment!!!

We are virtually guaranteed £100m every year coming in to us, so we take out a loan of say £100m and agree to pay it back and an exceptionally low percentage and say look to payback £20m a year of that original loan.

I would suspect the money from FBS does help to a degree.

15 hours ago, Aus Fox said:

We’d get big money for Fofana, Maddison, Tielemans, Ndidi, Justin, Barnes and Soyuncu. Obviously some of these would be hard to replace, but others wouldn’t be so hard.

We’d also get decent money for Ward, Iheanacho, Thomas, KDH, Daka.

We have more than enough assets to not have to worry about the immediate future of the club.

I would imagine at the end of this season Tielemans will go, even with a year left on his contract, we should be looking at £50 million +
I wouldn’t be surprised to see Soyuncu leave for decent money too. 

Why would anyone pay decent/big money for Soyuncu? He's been poor for some time now at both club and international level.

Barnes is some way off from the form he was showing pre injury, agaain I don't see anyone paying big money.

Daka is the one whose price will rise, he'll be worth a lot more than Ward, Iheanacho, Thomas or KDH.

imo

52 minutes ago, Paninistickers said:

You need to take a broader view.  I, myself, know at least two people in SE Asia who love Marlboro Lites, Toblerones and Gordon’s gin. Or at least I used to. They’re both dead now. Kidney failure, atherosclerosis and lung cancer accounted for them both. 🤔

• 3 weeks later...
  • 11 months later...
4 minutes ago, Ric Flair said:

I wonder if we're properly going for it this month, it would make sense (even if very unnerving)

Let's hope it comes with contingency plans.

Hopefully Top is giving everyone a klck up the arse to get us up the league.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, LVFox said:

Well this is why top is back. Honestly not too worried about it, Top wants liquidity in the club while King Power recovers and duty free picks back up. 

There's now cash in the bank & FFP isn't too much of a concern. Let's Go!!!

Can't believe people still believe this nonsense.

We're skint and so is he, King Power isn't going to recover. I'm pretty sceptical that their vast wealth actually came from a chain of relatively obscure duty free shops, but however it was generated, it certainly isn't being generated anymore.

Just wish they (or whoever is responsible for these loans) would stop irresponsibly saddling the club with god knows how much debt secured against (increasingly) uncertain future earnings. 

7 minutes ago, LVFox said:

Well this is why top is back. Honestly not too worried about it, Top wants liquidity in the club while King Power recovers and duty free picks back up. 

There's now cash in the bank & FFP isn't too much of a concern. Let's Go!!!

...I speculated awhile back that Top could be feeling guilty and would seek to make it up to Rodgers!!!

Well if he was to give Rodgers the freedom to spend in this window then he has to get it right. I cannot see the one in one out scenario having been resolved, FFP does not suddenly go away because of a loan.