Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
StriderHiryu

Youri Tielemans

I reckon we need to go to 8 million a year ,which would make him our highest earner and probably a 4 year contract. That is a very fair offer and if he turns it down then he obviously has no intention of staying. He wants to be careful though because loss of form or injury could put him in a much weaker negotiating position.

10 minutes ago, Arriba Los Zorros said:

Well he got asked a question and gave an honest answer, as honest as he could without making headlines.

Would prefer he had the integrity to do that and answer a question with a modicum of honesty rather than claim he's here for life and then **** off at the first offer in the summer. We'd all have the knives out for him if he did that.

What do you mean without making headlines, this is going to be covered no end in the next few days and any time we have a game it'll be talked about. This is also going to add to baseless links to other clubs because he's actively basically said he wants to leave. All he had to do was say no comment and fob him off.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, An Sionnach said:

I reckon we need to go to 8 million a year ,which would make him our highest earner and probably a 4 year contract. That is a very fair offer and if he turns it down then he obviously has no intention of staying. He wants to be careful though because loss of form or injury could put him in a much weaker negotiating position.

Sooner he left.Club already exceeding revenue with wages surely even with wealthy benefactors that is not long term sustainability.

1 hour ago, The Horse's Mouth said:

I'm not even trolling, in what world is that interview necessary? We're not exactly a club that holds players prisoner much either.Would've been interesting reaction here if this was Riyad back in the day 

Mahrez would have been absolutely hammered if he said anything like it.

Play Soumare as I think we bought him in case Tielemans left in the Summer or Dewsbury Hall, if a player is not 100% committed to LCFC then why should he hold back players who are committed, reminds me of the Mahrez debacle..:thumbdown:

• Like 2

3 hours ago, SO1 said:

Sell at maximum profit. This winter if necessary. Can't believe that the club didn't know this was coming and hasn't been preparing for his sale. I love Youri but business is business and the model of this club is to sell and reinvest the profits in order to progress. It's the only way to maintain our position without the investment of wealthier owners.

This summer was never going to be the right time to sell him. The club will be aware he likely leaves next summer and that's why they will hope a compromise is reached in order for us to get £70m minimum for him. 

Youri holds all the cards 

we should have insisted he sign a new deal in January when we were looking strong for top four - who knows? Maybe we did. But he is canny and together with his agent he is doing the best things for youri. 

We have the option to call his bluff and say ‘sign a new deal now or stay till the end of his contract’. We will likely only get £40m max for him next summer.  But it’s not a good look for targets to hang onto players that want to leave ……..prepare for his departure next summer unless we make CL this season.  

Brendan needs to start bedding in Soumare and Kiernan. Youri coming out and saying what he’s said has given the game away, the club must now know that he’s got no intention of being here past his contract end date. He has to be sold sooner rather than later and the other 2 lads need exposure. 

• Like 3

6 minutes ago, tsintskaro said:

Not like i want him to fail and i think he is very good footballer, but i am not sure he will shine for the club like real 

Mahrez and Kante have shone at big clubs, and Tielemans is every bit as talented as them. He will be just fine. 

10 minutes ago, st albans fox said:

Youri holds all the cards 

we should have insisted he sign a new deal in January when we were looking strong for top four - who knows? Maybe we did. But he is canny and together with his agent he is doing the best things for youri. 

We have the option to call his bluff and say ‘sign a new deal now or stay till the end of his contract’. We will likely only get £40m max for him next summer.  But it’s not a good look for targets to hang onto players that want to leave ……..prepare for his departure next summer unless we make CL this season.  

There’s no way he leaves for free. He will be gone next summer at the latest, if he doesn’t sign a new deal. 

Not sure why some expect some fan level of loyalty from players. In Youri’s case, he gave us what we needed, and vice versa. It really was an exceptionally good marriage of convenience at the time. That time appears to be coming towards an end. So be it. Good luck to him and I am sure he wishes the same to us.

• Like 4

If Tielemans goes next summer, he will have played for us for three and a half years. A decent length of time, considering I thought we had no chance of keeping him after his loan. Plus at least two top five finishes and an FA cup! It we win europa or finish top four, he may stay another season, but very happy with his contribution if not!

23 minutes ago, jerry said:

Has worked remarkably well too over the last few seasons.

It does work until you stop recruiting players as good as the ones leaving. Southampton were good at doing it until they started buying players not as good as those they'd sell.

I have faith.

Edited by Fox92

48 minutes ago, Ric Flair said:

This summer was never going to be the right time to sell him. The club will be aware he likely leaves next summer and that's why they will hope a compromise is reached in order for us to get £70m minimum for him. 

Agreed. Especially with the market for top dollar players seeming low(?) as a result of the pandemic.

19 minutes ago, GingerrrFox said:

There’s no way he leaves for free. He will be gone next summer at the latest, if he doesn’t sign a new deal. 

what if he decides he wants to join real and his people tell all interested clubs that he will only sign for real.  Real then offer us £20m and say that’s their ceiling.  No other clubs make offers because they know YT won’t agree to sign for them. 

Tielemans tells the club that he’s relaxed. They either accept the £20m or he will see out his contract and decide on his future the following summer (real already agreed with him that they will wait for him on a free ). 

is that impossible ??

4 hours ago, KFS said:

Personally thought he looked unfocused and off it against Man City. Gave the ball away a lot compared to his usual performances 

He’s been below his best all season and looks a few yards off pace. Losing this Tielemans for £60 odd mill I could live with.

6 hours ago, KFS said:

Personally thought he looked unfocused and off it against Man City. Gave the ball away a lot compared to his usual performances 

I agree to a point. He certainly not back to his best after playing an insane amount of matches over the past 6 to 9 months. That and the fact he is the main source of distribution for our midfield and gets consistently double teamed and pressured. That's why I want to see Soumare on the field so badly. To take some of the pressure off him. There's a reason our defenders are hitting long balls over the midfield and into the goaltenders hands more often than not :).

Edited by SO1