Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
StriderHiryu

Youri Tielemans

Hope it’s nothing Major but I don’t think it’s the worst case If he is on the bench against Man City. We are going to be backs against the wall and we could do with the athleticism and fitness of Soumare and KDH on the pitch. So would help us and start Youri against Napoli.

I don’t think be a good move to play both Madders and Youri against Man City anyway as be a tough game for those in the middle of park.

Edited by les-tah

9 minutes ago, turlo said:

Fk off Fabrizio. 

The lad is future captain material, Brendo absolutely adores him but at the same time I have to admit he might just be cut out for bigger things. Unless we secure UCL/ make a very deep run in the EL or somehow else impress with our performance this season, I reckon it's gonna be a tough ask to keep hold of him next summer. In an ideal world Kiki and Soumaré both get some major game time this season and impress, that way we're not gonna be scrambling to find able replacements should he decide to big farewell.

5 minutes ago, LFox99 said:

The lad is future captain material, Brendo absolutely adores him but at the same time I have to admit he might just be cut out for bigger things. Unless we secure UCL/ make a very deep run in the EL or somehow else impress with our performance this season, I reckon it's gonna be a tough ask to keep hold of him next summer. In an ideal world Kiki and Soumaré both get some major game time this season and impress, that way we're not gonna be scrambling to find able replacements should he decide to big farewell.

We got 6 games in about 20 days coming up. You can bet your house on it all our new signing will be getting 90 minutes in.

Edited by les-tah

31 minutes ago, turlo said:

Fk off Fabrizio. 

I think this is a case of "don't shoot the messenger."

Of course the top clubs will want Youri as both Ricardo and him are a class above anyone else at the club, and Youri has proved he can do it at the highest level. Plus with his age profile and experience, you'd be mad not to want him if you were at Real Madrid, PSG, Man City, Bayern, etc.

Let's not kid ourselves, Soumare was signed to take over from Youri and was why he was identified so early. We need to get him experience so the transition is less painful when the big offer comes. If Maguire, Drinkwater and Chilwell left Leicester, then someone who is world class on their day like Youri is definitely going to be wanted. I just hope when he goes, it's abroad as I would personally hate to see him playing for Man City or Liverpool.

Youri will forever be part of Leicester folklore. His goal won us our first ever FA Cup, and what a wonderful goal it was. And what a player too. Privileged to be able to see him play for us, he's awesome.

Edited by StriderHiryu

This is such a clickbait video, guess it pays the money while the transfer window is closed and Romano is less in demand. 

But the fact remains, unless we qualify for CL either via the league or winning the Europa league, he won't be at the club next season. And even if we do get CL, still he's likely to leave if Real or Barcelona come in for him. 

• Like 2

Think he’ll be off next summer if one of the big boys come in and why wouldn’t they. Would be pleased for him especially if it’s abroad. Just hope we can tie him down to a couple of extra years so we can get a decent fee for him. Otherwise we’ll do well to get his transfer fee back with just a year left on his contract.

As others have said hopefully KDH and Soumaré can step up this season in advance of his departure 

• Like 1

Soumaré is probably here as part of our succession planning. We have a future midfield pairing of KDH and Soumaré waiting in the wings, will just need a new destroyer when Ndidi goes. Hopefully the likes of Bissouma will still be available when that happens. 

Feels similar to when we bought in Soy a year before selling Maguire.

Edited by FoxesWalk

45 minutes ago, FoxesWalk said:

Soumaré is probably here as part of our succession planning. We have a future midfield pairing of KDH and Soumaré waiting in the wings, will just need a new destroyer when Ndidi goes. Hopefully the likes of Bissouma will still be available when that happens. 

Feels similar to when we bought in Soy a year before selling Maguire.

It'll be sad if YT goes, but I feel kinda the same as I did with Kante - we're not good enough to keep him, (though hopefully we win Europa and he stays). 

Ndidi otoh NOOOOOOOO....

'Many clubs interested'

Great news for the club that. If he doesn't sign a new contract that'll keep his value above 50m.

Some miserable defeatist will come on here and say we won't get that but if there's plenty if interest we will. If Southampton are getting 30m for a 30 year old ings then it needs to be at the very least 50m.

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, Chocolate Teapot said:

'Many clubs interested'

Great news for the club that. If he doesn't sign a new contract that'll keep his value above 50m.

Some miserable defeatist will come on here and say we won't get that but if there's plenty if interest we will. If Southampton are getting 30m for a 30 year old ings then it needs to be at the very least 50m.

I suppose if we are being greedy though, a Tielemans with 4 years left on his deal goes for north of £65/70m at least, possibly more.

5 minutes ago, Chocolate Teapot said:

'Many clubs interested'

if the player decides where he wants to go then it doesn’t really matter if several clubs are interested. of course we can try and bluff them out - ‘pay the price or we keep him he goes for nothing in 2023’.. 

2 minutes ago, st albans fox said:

if the player decides where he wants to go then it doesn’t really matter if several clubs are interested. of course we can try and bluff them out - ‘pay the price or we keep him he goes for nothing in 2023’.. 

Unless of course the player decides to go to a club that won't pay the asking price. We're talking about the elite here - he won't mind going to any of them.