Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
StriderHiryu

Youri Tielemans

6 minutes ago, Chocolate Teapot said:

Unless of course the player decides to go to a club that won't pay the asking price. We're talking about the elite here - he won't mind going to any of them.

That’s what seems to have changed over the past few years -some  elite players seem to have their careers mapped out which includes the clubs they will move to 

9 hours ago, Chocolate Teapot said:

Like who? They just tend to go to the highest bidder.

Can start with Haaland  

the plan can involve pre arranged agent paydays ……… 

the young kid who just left Barca to Leipzig. - there were apparently larger offers from over here 

i’m sure there are other examples - plenty of players seem to move for sig less than their market value. That either reflects a lack of interest or imo, that their people have told the club that ‘this is where the player is going’ or they will see out their contract and leave for nothing. 

2 hours ago, st albans fox said:

Can start with Haaland  

the plan can involve pre arranged agent paydays ……… 

the young kid who just left Barca to Leipzig. - there were apparently larger offers from over here 

i’m sure there are other examples - plenty of players seem to move for sig less than their market value. That either reflects a lack of interest or imo, that their people have told the club that ‘this is where the player is going’ or they will see out their contract and leave for nothing. 

Who's Haaland off to then? If it was mapped out then we'd already know where he's heading to as it'd be leaked.

If you mean people have a general plan for their career, then that is not a new thing. 

1 hour ago, filbertway said:

Who's Haaland off to then? If it was mapped out then we'd already know where he's heading to as it'd be leaked.

If you mean people have a general plan for their career, then that is not a new thing. 

Would be astounded if Haaland doesn't join Mbappe at Madrid next season, alongside the French Carlton Palmer also as he'll be on a free.

1 minute ago, Muzzy_Larsson said:

I wouldn't be surprised in all honesty, I doubt the club would willingly let his contract run down as much as it already has.

Will be an interesting couple of months. He's missed out on an extra 50-60k a week for a while now but I suppose he knows the power shifts to him the longer he doesn't sign a new deal as we will have to sell for a reasonable fee. 

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Muzzy_Larsson said:

Would be astounded if Haaland doesn't join Mbappe at Madrid next season, alongside the French Carlton Palmer also as he'll be on a free.

I feel like Man City will be after Haaland.

I just don't see how Madrid can afford to have Mbappe and Haaland on their books and still put together a top quality squad. Both will want between 500k-1m a week I imagine. I dno how close Real are to their La Liga wage limit, but that'll surely push it lol

4 minutes ago, filbertway said:

I feel like Man City will be after Haaland.

I just don't see how Madrid can afford to have Mbappe and Haaland on their books and still put together a top quality squad. Both will want between 500k-1m a week I imagine. I dno how close Real are to their La Liga wage limit, but that'll surely push it lol

That's one way of looking at it, the other is they could very likely get Mbappe Haaland and Pogba and only have to pay out £66m in transfer fees for the three of them. Madrid have always seemed to "creatively" get round financial barriers. 

Added to that I imagine they'll be spending the next 12 months trying to get rid of high earners like Hazard and deadwood like Isco, Asensio, Diaz, etc, etc.

• Like 1

Even if we got back what we paid in summer, we have had a excellent return on our investment. 

I was shocked when he came on loan, I was even more surprised when he signed on a permanent.

We will have had him for 3.5 seasons, an FA Cup winning goal, 2 5th places.

• Like 1

To be honest, we could’ve qualified for champions league the last two years, he would still probably have kept his options open or wanted to go to a club with a realistic chance of winning the champions league. Reality is that is where we are. When he signed it was always going to be enjoy him while he’s here. He clearly loves it and values it here, but he will want to reach the highest stage he can. If he signs a new deal which allows us to command a bigger fee, then I think it’ll be win win all round. He will be almost impossible to replace whenever he goes. Of course I hope he stays for years to come, but we were always going to find ourselves in this position when he signed a four year deal whereas most of the players we buy in his age profile sign for five. 

• Like 3