Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
StriderHiryu

Youri Tielemans

8 minutes ago, DerbyshireFox said:

To be honest, we could’ve qualified for champions league the last two years, he would still probably have kept his options open or wanted to go to a club with a realistic chance of winning the champions league. Reality is that is where we are. When he signed it was always going to be enjoy him while he’s here. He clearly loves it and values it here, but he will want to reach the highest stage he can. If he signs a new deal which allows us to command a bigger fee, then I think it’ll be win win all round. He will be almost impossible to replace whenever he goes. Of course I hope he stays for years to come, but we were always going to find ourselves in this position when he signed a four year deal whereas most of the players we buy in his age profile sign for five. 

Agreed, while UCL qualification might've got us an extra year or a bigger fee he is ultimately going to end up at a top European club. I can see Madrid coming in for him for around 50 mill as Kroos and Modric are getting on. Pogba will hopefully sign a new deal at Utd, counting them out. 

19 minutes ago, FoxyLeon said:

Can't blame him.

A player of his quality isn't going to be impressed with us starting someone like Albrighton, and loaning out Praet whilst also not playing Soumare/Daka/Iheanacho etc.

Sounds like you're more not impressed with that, rather than Youri? 

Didn't think he'd sign a new contract during the transfer window as he would give away some of his leverage. 

I've thought he would go at the end of the season unless we win the Europa League or finish top 4 (and even then, if Real Madrid or Barcelona come in, he'll go anyway), so the interview substantiates that view further. 

Ideally we get him to extend his contract with a release clause for certain clubs/fees, like Grealish did with Villa. 

Edited by lcfc_forever

Fabrizio Romano

@FabrizioRomano

·

8m

Youri Tielemans to Sky on his future: “I'm open to everything. The transfer market has just closed, but I want to keep as many options as I can open. We will see what happens”. #LCFC New contract proposal on the table for months… but also many clubs interested for June 2022.

1 hour ago, StanSP said:

Basically waiting to see who'll come in for him in January or summer and if that offer is attractive enough he'll entertain it. 

I think even if we offered him the most luxurious contract we ever have, it won't be enough. 

He won’t be leaving in January. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, FoxyLeon said:

Can't blame him.

A player of his quality isn't going to be impressed with us starting someone like Albrighton, and loaning out Praet whilst also not playing Soumare/Daka/Iheanacho etc.

How do you know?

Your are just guessing how he would think to suit your own narrative. 

On 06/09/2021 at 21:56, Ric Flair said:

A new deal and an agreement that without top 4 or an EL win that he goes for £65m I reckon. 

I would rather propose a similar clause as Kanté. No need to allow him to go to a non-CL/EL club through such a clause.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, shailen said:

Just saw the interview on SSN and it's pretty much a poker face answer. Could be games to get a better contract here or he could be looking at a move away. 

He's consistently been like this. I think he's just looking out for his own best interest. Who can blame him for that.

• Like 3

It would be hard to keep a player like Youri even if we were in the Champions League.

He's back on track career wise since he joined us and If he goes then good luck to him. I didn't imagine we would keep him after the loan move so we''ve been spolied to get another 2-3 seasons on top of that.