Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
StriderHiryu

Youri Tielemans

Just now, MPH said:

feels a bit desperate… it’s as much a ‘look how amazing I can play’ than a memoir video…

I have a feeling he won't end up in the PL tbh. His lack of athleticism and pace will have been noticed by PL sides over the past couple of years. 

I wouldn't be surprised to see him end up at Milan or Roma.

Guest glasgowfox
9 minutes ago, Bozman said:

He's one of the reasons we are in shit, we could have had a fee for him to help ease the financial burden.. selfish 

Lol...he is not a Leicester fan.  I would run down a contract if it made me millions.  Does not make him a tosser at all.  Top bloke that I have met several times and he is so humble.  We all have advisors through our life, be it financial, parenting etc.  I wish the guy well and think what he has given to us far outweighs the negatives.  I wish him good luck and think in time people will accept he was a top player who gave his all....rodgers said he needs to play every game to keep him at his peak....I see that as bullocks as he has already played too many games for such a young age and is running on half full...Good luck youri :scarf:

1 minute ago, Your Honour said:

A Europa League team will probably sign him up on a free, not good enough for any top quality team.The bloke can’t run, so wouldn’t be surprised if he went to a slower league.

I suspect Arsenal and Liverpool would run a mile now even on a free. 

He'll look like an absolute Rolls-Royce in a slower league.

1 minute ago, Bilo said:

I mean, you could argue that the goal that wrapped up our league title wasn't even scored by a Leicester player so that's a hell of a shout. 

I think many of us grew up with stories of Revie in 49, Chalmers in 61, Banks in 63 and Rodrigues in 69, and the fact Leicester were cursed in the FA Cup final. So considering that, the FA Cup win was arguably as historic as the league win, and for many fans it meant even more. Definitely it was the greatest knockout game in Leicester's history, so you can make a case for it being our greatest goal.

Without wishing to sound too cheesy, that's what football is about, not stats. As others have said there are players who have performed more consistently for us over the four years but he leaves us with the iconic moment; the man to finally break the FA Cup curse.

• Like 1

I’m not convinced the Italian league is as “slow” as it used to be, think that’s an outdated stereotype. Monaco fans complained he was too slow for the French league too.

Realistically every good side expects you to press and be able to run box to box if you’re a midfielder nowadays.

Honestly, I think he’d struggle to even make the bench at someone like Roma and Juventus, who have much better players than us.

Edited by Sampson
  • Like 2

Couldn't even put a token "sorry" in the exit speech given what's just happened?! Sorry Youri, that's absolutely shit, given you've had your commitment and performance levels questioned as you ran your contract down.

Like a lot of the squad, don't let the door hit you on the way out. I find that hard to say for some of the happy memories, especially THAT goal, but this self-serving drivel is proof that there are faces in that squad who give precisely zero shits about what happens to us. In an ideal world there'd now be a big asterisk on his CV that he let Leicester City down with a year of substandard performances.

1 minute ago, bovril said:

I think many of us grew up with stories of Revie in 49, Chalmers in 61, Banks in 63 and Rodrigues in 69, and the fact Leicester were cursed in the FA Cup final. So considering that, the FA Cup win was arguably as historic as the league win, and for many fans it meant even more. Definitely it was the greatest knockout game in Leicester's history, so you can make a case for it being our greatest goal.

Without wishing to sound too cheesy, that's what football is about, not stats. As others have said there are players who have performed more consistently for us over the four years but he leaves us with the iconic moment; the man to finally break the FA Cup curse.

The thing about the FA Cup is what you've said; we'd come close so many times and it seemed attainable to a greater extent than the league, which I imagine few Leicester fans had even dreamed of prior to 2016.

Something special about the FA Cup after four lost finals and missed opportunities in later years, such as being shafted by a Erland Johnsen dive in 1997 and losing at home to Wycombe in 2001 - both years we could have gone on to win it.

On his day a top class act. Shame, like others, he couldn't avoid being dragged down by the Brendan Rodgers ego show because that's probably tainted his legacy. Just wish he'd not played the club over his contract, taken a wage cut and left in one of the transfer windows because we all knew what his game was. Took us for fools in the end.  

Just now, Sol thewall Bamba said:

"You're still thinking about the relegation aren't you"

"He said he'd be wearing a Leicester shirt to help me spot him. Oh for fu..."

• Haha 1

Time for a more athletic version of a leicester team. Our best sides have physically dominated the opponents both ends of the pitch, had a great attacking full back and had 1 mercurial talent. 

Little had Walsh, Thompson, Roberts, Ormondroyd, Agnew, Blake dominating, Mills raiding down the right and had Wright as the magician

O'Neill had heskey, elliot, walsh, taggart, lennon savage who would never be outfought, guppy with the left peg and izzet as the one capable of magic

Ranieri had physical beasts all over the defence, athletes in kante and okazaki. Fuchs with the left peg and mahrez and vardy on magic duty.

Our current side lost all of those qualities

I can't say I'm sorry to see him go, aside from his worldie goals he's been absolutely shite for two years. He looked a genuine world class player on loan here and I couldn't believe we managed to buy him, he used to ooze class and ran games on his own but he's not that player anymore.

I wouldn't be surprised if this is the player he is now, he has a lot of miles on the clock as was playing first team football at 16. My prediction is he will get his big move because he is free and he'll flop for a year or two before being sold to a mid level club for about £10-15m.

He left here nowhere near the player who arrived here, I can't remember his last good game for us.

Can’t quite get my head round some of the bile on here. Whatever you think of his form & fitness this past season he’s given everything for our club and provided one of my all-time favourite moments.

A player that should at least be in the conversation about our best ever midfield players yet some can’t wait to see the back of him as we begin another era in which our midfield is more likely to be filled by latter day versions of Stephen Hughes, Gareth Williams and Richie Wellens.

No pleasing some folk.

• Like 1