Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
StriderHiryu

Youri Tielemans

41 minutes ago, majaco said:

It wasn't just one goal.  He was brilliant at times;  he was flawed at others.  I responded to a disrespectful post.  

Good luck to the Leicester  legend

It wasn’t disrespectful. It was their opinion. It wasn’t rude. Don’t tell others to support other clubs because their opinion differs to yours. 

I bet you clapped the players off at full time after the West Ham game didn’t you?

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, frany104 said:

It wasn’t disrespectful. It was their opinion. It wasn’t rude. Don’t tell others to support other clubs because their opinion differs to yours. 

I bet you clapped the players off at full time after the West Ham game didn’t you?

They were disrespectful.    You might not call disrespectful rude.  

We deserved to go down this season.  However, we beat West Ham.  In the game, we did okay.  

What did you do following the West Ham game , oh oracle.

• Haha 1

As much as there are a number bitter C***s in this thread, there seems a good portion of more rational reasonable fans.

whilst acknowledging youri has not delivered over this season, doesn’t mean he deserves the kind of moronic hate in this thread.

I wish him well and will happily clap him if we ever see him back at the KP. 

• Like 3
  • Sad 1

At the start, he was a quality player for us, but not sure why his level dropped in the last year. I don't believe that any professional player with such a short career would deliberately down tools and play so badly, but he wasn't good in his final season.

• Like 2

12 minutes ago, splinterdream said:

I'd say because he's shown no commitment to the club or fans for perhaps 2 seasons, but puts out a video about himself loving the clubs and the fans

That wouldn't really mean what he's posted is insincere... 

1 minute ago, turkish14 said:

As much as there are a number bitter C***s in this thread, there seems a good portion of more rational reasonable fans.

whilst acknowledging youri has not delivered over this season, doesn’t mean he deserves the kind of moronic hate in this thread.

I wish him well and will happily clap him if we ever see him back at the KP. 

Yep, our fanbase are ridiculous. 

• Like 2

As someone said on Insta, that video was probably made 2 years ago and he's done the voice over this week.

Nice video and thankful for the success, but will always feel a bit bitter about his performances ever since. Hope he goes abroad.

• Like 1

Just now, lgfualol said:

As someone said on Insta, that video was probably made 2 years ago and he's done the voice over this week.

Nice video and thankful for the success, but will always feel a bit bitter about his performances ever since. Hope he goes abroad.

Ah yes, a video made 2 years ago which includes a goal from this season lol

• Like 1

Sad to read some of the disrespectful comments on here as Youri will always be a player who I remember very fondly. Not just for his FA Cup winning goal but for his brilliant control and passing. Yes, he's certainly not the most mobile but if he had been mobile and dynamic, given his other attributes there is no way that he would have spent 4.5 seasons with us. I think many fans who've complained about Youri are going to get a nasty surprise when they see the quality of our likely midfield next season. Hope he goes abroad as it would be horrible watching him play for another PL club. 

• Like 2

People will definitely regard him as a club great in time. Saying he isn’t a legend at the same level as Vardy, Morgan, Schmeichel and Mahrez while true, is hardly criticism, you’re talking about 4 of absolute greatest players in the club’s history.

I remember how bad Matt Elliott was in his last couple of seasons and how much people slaughtered him after his awful performances in the 01/02 relegation season but eventually people remembered him mostly for his League Cup winning goals.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, trooky said:

At the start, he was a quality player for us, but not sure why his level dropped in the last year. I don't believe that any professional player with such a short career would deliberately down tools and play so badly, but he wasn't good in his final season.

Rodgersball sacked the life out of him.

I think all the Belgians had sussed Rodgers out for the clown he is.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, StanSP said:

That wouldn't really mean what he's posted is insincere... 

Yep, our fanbase are ridiculous. 

Well many would say you're judged by your actions. Gabby Agbonlohor today named him in his worst perfoming 11 of the season and said he'd downed tools, so to gush over the club and fans appears insincere, because his actions show he doesn't seem to give a toss about anyone but himself

9 minutes ago, nnfox said:

The level of hate aimed at one of our top 6 or 7 midfielders of all time is embarrassing.

Form dipped this season in a team devoid of ambition but overall, he's been sublime.

I'm glad he played for us and wish him all the best.

For those that have been around a while, for a number of reasons, he's surely never at that level?

The odd brilliant performance, goal or pass is nowhere near the level of week in week out consistency that would be required to attain that sort of accolade. Also, of others that may be on that list, I can't think of any that I would have said thank goodness he's going and off our wage bill.

Just now, splinterdream said:

Well many would say you're judged by your actions. Gabby Agbonlohor today named him in his worst perfoming 11 of the season and said he'd downed tools, so to gush over the club and fans appears insincere, because his actions show he doesn't seem to give a toss about anyone but himself

Gabby Agbonlahor gets derided 99% of the time, suddenly he puts Youri in his worst XI and suddenly he's a pro critic?

I'd rather just take the video for what it is as a farewell to us after 4.5 years of service, as opposed to some has-been on Talksport. 

Also, newsflash, most footballers only care about themselves in their short careers. So be it. 

It's a video from a player who felt attached to us and clearly had a big part in our successes since he's been here. 

I don't get all the abuse, not to the level that's been aimed at him anyway. Hardly like he's the only one, either. 

• Like 1

Gabby Agbonlahor gets derided 99% of the time, suddenly he puts Youri in his worst XI and suddenly he's a pro critic?

I'd rather just take the video for what it is as a farewell to us after 4.5 years of service, as opposed to some has-been on Talksport. 

Also, newsflash, most footballers only care about themselves in their short careers. So be it. 

It's a video from a player who felt attached to us and clearly had a big part in our successes since he's been here. 

I don't get all the abuse, not to the level that's been aimed at him anyway. Hardly like he's the only one, either. 

It's just a generic statement from a player to announce he's leaving the club, big deal. So what!

1 hour ago, Manini said:

Fine margins and all that but his goal against Leeds stands and we’re probably talking about his goal that started the survival bid. He rightly will go down as one of the best to ever wear the shirt but it can’t be ignored how poor he’s been this season, whether his body is just ****ed or not who knows. The club should have sold him when they had the opportunity, even if it was only £30 million from Arsenal this time last year, it’s £30 million we now don’t have. 

I don't think we ever had an offer to turn down and we take £30m for sure a year ago if we did.

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, majaco said:

They were disrespectful.    You might not call disrespectful rude.  

We deserved to go down this season.  However, we beat West Ham.  In the game, we did okay.  

What did you do following the West Ham game , oh oracle.

I certainly didnt clap being relegated. 

you can criticise the players and club. It’s allowed. 

Youri deserves some stick, he’s been shite for 2 seasons and was winding his contract down. He’s a huge reason we’ve been relegated. But you go ahead and brown nose him. 

“Leicester Legend” 😂😂 

Vardy is a Legend, Youri is not. 

• Like 2

I wouldn’t say a player that was planning to see his contract out 18 months ago and move on with a big signing on payout as being attached to us.

2 minutes ago, StanSP said:

criticism isn't abuse, I highlight Gabby's comments because he has no axe to grind with Youri, he's just seen what we've all seen, a player putting in sub par perfomances for his wage. Players playing badly but giving 100% i can support, players walking through gameswhilst we're on freefall because they know they aren't going to be here, I find hard to swallow, but then to make video saying how much they love the club and the fans, not a good look imo

• Like 1