Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
StriderHiryu

Youri Tielemans

Guest glasgowfox
21 minutes ago, Bourbon Fox said:

I'm annoyed - he's been absent for large parts of the season and he's acted entirely in his own interests. Fine, but to put this video out is insincere and feels like a slap in the face

We are all allowed our opinions my friend.  I have been a fan for over 50 years (does not make my opinion any better or wiser).   But imo he is in the top bracket I have had playing for my club...opinions are better than arguments and we all want the best for our club.

Quality player who has given us some magic moments especially the winner at Wembley and his goal at Brentford last year. His form and fitness levels have dipped massively this season along with everyone else.  Needs legs in midfield to do his running for him!  Modern Millionaire sportsman at the end of the day playing for his own ambition! We are a fleeting part of his journey! I’d have Muzzy over him any day!

Top player and some great moments.

But one of the reason we are where we are is a lack of application and commitment from a number of squad members.

As much the clubs fault as anyones

Edited by coolhandfox

I will always remember  him for that goal and the utter joy we had when it went in( We were lucky enough to be at Wembley  for it).

In my humble opinion his potential as a legend is tarnished for his lack of effort, attitude and lack of professionalism  over the last 2 seasons when we needed him.

For me, Vardy, Morgan, Mahrez, kasper will always be legends ahead of him.(MY opinion)

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Guest David Oldfields Gate

Always backed him, always liked him, saw so much potential in him, gave him time when going through bad runs, that goal obviously.....BUT....cannot feel underwhelmed by the legacy, I think it will be a talking point for years wether a moment of magic in the cup outweighs being part of our downfall, which may only get answered when we know how hard and far the downfall is.

35 minutes ago, Bourbon Fox said:

I'm annoyed - he's been absent for large parts of the season and he's acted entirely in his own interests. Fine, but to put this video out is insincere and feels like a slap in the face

How is it insincere lol

9 minutes ago, Parker Pen said:

Quality player who has given us some magic moments especially the winner at Wembley and his goal at Brentford last year. His form and fitness levels have dipped massively this season along with everyone else.  Needs legs in midfield to do his running for him!  Modern Millionaire sportsman at the end of the day playing for his own ambition! We are a fleeting part of his journey! I’d have Muzzy over him any day!

Agree, Muzzy was a much better player in a worse team. If only we had Muzzy these last five years or so.

• Like 1

Not a legend in my eyes.  Granted he scored a few important goals I'm not denying that but he's been miss more than hit in terms of performances.  Ironically he started his decline when Rodgers did, and he never got it back. The only sad bit about him leaving is that we blew 40 million on him and got nothing back. 

Classy message from a classy player, we take his brilliant goals and technical passing ability along with his mistakes and lack of bottle more recently. This said, lucky to have him and good luck wherever he lands.

Best of luck to the man. Quality player, imagine it'll be a while before we see someone who can spot a pass and a hit a worldie like this man.

Shame things have ended the way they have but I have no bad feelings about him.

If he goes to Aston Villa are they really going to be paying more than we would have been prepared to offer him 2 years ago?

And that’s with Europa Conference League football rather than the Europa League football we had on offer at the time. Surely he’s messed this up big time and he must wonder ‘what if’ if that’s the best he can do.

Superb player on his day but, for me, his stance on the contract set a massive tone that it was fine to coast and not commit to the club. Look where that got us.

Some great memories but I can’t feel anything other than neutral towards him.

7 minutes ago, Raj said:

I will always remember  him for that goal and the utter joy we had when it went in( We were lucky enough to be at Wembley  for it).

In my humble opinion his potential as a legend is tarnished for his lack of effort, attitude and lack of professionalism  over the last 2 seasons when we needed him.

For me, Vardy, Morgan, Mahrez, kasper will always be legends ahead of him.(MY opinion)

Of course the league winners are legends.  But so are the FA Cup winners.  

Tielemans may be tarnished;  if so, he is a tarnished legend.

Most of our legends are from the O'Neill years,  Ranieri's first season and Rodgers reign.  Ranieri's and Rodger's legends came from other people's recruitment.

Tielemans, imo, has been professional always without always being good enough. 

20 minutes ago, glasgowfox said:

We are all allowed our opinions my friend.  I have been a fan for over 50 years (does not make my opinion any better or wiser).   But imo he is in the top bracket I have had playing for my club...opinions are better than arguments and we all want the best for our club.

Harsh on Andy King :ph34r:

Genuinely baffled about how he’s being talked about here, not sure if people are too comfortable with the last 8/10 years we’re witnessed, but he was, and is, an unbelievable player.

It’s a shame how it’s ended, but let’s not pretend he was one of the best CMs we’re ever witnessed. 

8 minutes ago, Wortho said:

He scored some absolutely cracking goals. The last two seasons he has looked lazy. He’s a very good player but I’m disappointed with his attitude.

Played a big part in why we got relegated!.. 

Unforgivable the way he gave up on us 🤬.. 

Good riddance. 

37 minutes ago, SouthStandUpperTier said:

It's a goal all Leicester fans will remember until their dying day though. Will we remember any of Maddison's goals? Doubt it.

And that means that other fans can be told to support another club!? Because of one goal. 

16 minutes ago, Raj said:

Completely right.

It has been tarnished. We have a bit of a record of having legends of the club get tarnished in one way or another, but his has been through absolute lack of applying himself.

Yet if you asked most footballing fans outside our club what they think they just see the highlight reels or him banging on in from 30 years live on TV. 

The way he's been has kind of reminded me of a Manchester United player of recent times. Great when they want to be but the lack of wanting to be that every single week without fail means they never come close to the top. 

13 minutes ago, StanSP said:

How is it insincere lol

No arm throws. No ridiculous back passes setting up the opposition. No watching an opposition player with no intention to press and best of all, no smiling when we are 4-0 down and he’s had an absolute stinker. “World Class Tielemans”