Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Reg Vardy

Maddison

Can't defend him here. He might not have actually done anything per se, but considering he's only very recently been scrutinised for his off-field antics, it doesn't reflect well. Obviously makes it worse when you remember his heavily pregnant wife. Not doing himself any favours here. 

Just now, Chocolate Teapot said:

Completely agree - maddison is premier league talent, with league 2 mentality.

He's also an employee of LCFC and he needs to understand that he will be in the public eye at present after his COVID violation and that the club doesn't need adverse publicity.

Whilst there may not be anymore to it than him having a good time, I don't think it will be long before Brendan says enough is enough.

• Like 1

I was looking at his pics thinking if I saw a out of shape (for a pro athlete) madders then I would have been pissed off with these antics but fair play to the guy he looked buff and solid so you can’t begrudge if he’s been working hard on the off season!

15 minutes ago, Unabomber said:

If those pics are the worst they could find on him then I don’t see the problem. Seems to me The Mail has a vendetta against him.

It's character assassination of the highest order. 

I wonder why they have selected him of all people? Leicester is hardly the most glamorous club and Maddison isn't a full fledged international. I'm not really sure what they have to gain from turning public opinion against him. I find it all a bit strange.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Spudulike said:

Do we know when these photos were taken? Could they have been from a previous holiday before he met his missus? 

If today is the first day of pre-season then you'd expect him to be training at Seagrave HQ. 

Training hasn't started yet, imagine a few are back in the UK isolating as they have gone to countries not on the green list. 

The fact Maddison is in Ibiza which is currently on the green list means he wouldn't need to isolate. 

Fair play to him though he looks in great shape and the fact the only drink the mail have managed to take a photo of him with is a bottle of water shows to me he seems to be taking this summer a bit more serious. 

3 minutes ago, jmono84 said:

I was looking at his pics thinking if I saw a out of shape (for a pro athlete) madders then I would have been pissed off with these antics but fair play to the guy he looked buff and solid so you can’t begrudge if he’s been working hard on the off season!

It's the carefree attitude to his relationship with his partner that doesn't sit comfortably with me. On the one hand he tweets about he can't wait to be a dad, then appears to risk the opportunity of that becoming part of his life. Perhaps he just hasn't realised what is important to him in life yet.

3 minutes ago, goose2010 said:

Fair play to him though he looks in great shape and the fact the only drink the mail have managed to take a photo of him with is a bottle of water shows to me he seems to be taking this summer a bit more serious. 

We all know it’s not really water :ph34r:

Guest SO1

Wife, girlfriend, lover, friend? Who knows? His business. As long as she and soon to be child are cared for its really none of our business. Relationships are private agreements made by adults to suit their needs and wants. Who am I to judge.

3 minutes ago, MGLCFC said:

It's the carefree attitude to his relationship with his partner that doesn't sit comfortably with me. On the one hand he tweets about he can't wait to be a dad, then appears to risk the opportunity of that becoming part of his life. Perhaps he just hasn't realised what is important to him in life yet.

hang on a minute but over the top you have no idea who the people are in the picture? Could be a friend / relatively for all you know. 

I'm about to become a dad and went away with the lads a the weekend does that me bad person? 

Give him a chance and stop trying to find creating a mountain out of a mole hill! 

• Like 2

26 minutes ago, Chocolate Teapot said:

Particularly given hes on last chance saloon at the club. It's just an incredibly poor look - maybe it's innocent fun, but in his case history would tell you probably not. Doesn't strike me hes learnt any lessons that I've seen yet and striking a few free kicks would hardly be working hard in my opinion. Hes got a lot to prove.

He has been doing a lot more than just “striking a few free kicks” - he was uploading onto his story plenty of him putting in hard graft in the gym and working out

Don’t think it is really a bad thing he is doing, plenty of footballers have a “lads” holiday during the summer, girls could be people he has known for ages, not for us to judge that part of his personal life, wouldn’t be the the first love rat at the club and won’t be the last

Edited by moore_94

Just now, goose2010 said:

hang on a minute but over the top you have no idea who the people are in the picture? Could be a friend / relatively for all you know. 

I'm about to become a dad and went away with the lads a the weekend does that me bad person? 

Give him a chance and stop trying to find creating a mountain out of a mole hill! 

And you have - I wish I had relatives that were as friendly as that. On second thoughts, no I wouldn't - the wife would divorce me.

As for creating a mountain out of a mole hill, he's done that for himself.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, MGLCFC said:

And you have - I wish I had relatives that were as friendly as that. On second thoughts, no I wouldn't - the wife would divorce me.

I mean you are just assuming these are some random women he has got a hold of without knowing anything about them - that would be you making a mountain out of a mole hill not him

1 minute ago, MGLCFC said:

Not really though has he, any normal fan base wouldn't even bat an eye lid at this. Its just ours that seem to have to dislike a member of our squad. 

Guest Bert Fill

The state of this thread.

Tabloid rag uses pretty inoffensive pictures to make a feeble attempt at character assassination of a young footballer; three or four fans of his club leap on their moral high horses and jump to conclusions anout him.

Just now, moore_94 said:

I mean you are just assuming these are some random women he has got a hold of without knowing anything about them - that would be you making a mountain out of a mole hill not him

And you are assuming that they are relatives and friends - which is ok. However, looking at all 35 photos, they appear somewhat over friendly relatives.

Like others have said, he needs to keep a low profile after his antics last year - he can't afford to get on the wrong side of Rodgers again.

2 minutes ago, goose2010 said:

Not really though has he, any normal fan base wouldn't even bat an eye lid at this. Its just ours that seem to have to dislike a member of our squad. 

But if this was a one off, then no one would be that bothered, but he's getting a bit of a reputation for pushing the boundaries.

Jeez, they used a few photos probably taken seconds apart and stretched that article so far and thin, I’m surprised it didn’t snap halfway through. 

And they even had the nerve to contact Maddison’s representatives. 😂 What trash. 😂

• Like 4

5 minutes ago, goose2010 said:

Most clubs and fanbases have a player they dislike and hold to higher accounts. We're just in the middle of this one- we aren't unique.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, MGLCFC said:

And you are assuming that they are relatives and friends - which is ok. However, looking at all 35 photos, they appear somewhat over friendly relatives.

Like others have said, he needs to keep a low profile after his antics last year - he can't afford to get on the wrong side of Rodgers again.

Sure Rodgers doesnt care what they do on their holidays as long as they are sticking to their personal training plans (which he obviously is 1. by looking at him 2. by seeing that he has been at a training camp for the last week or so) he is probably having one last weekend in Ibiza before coming home. 

8 minutes ago, MGLCFC said:

He could well be trying to keep a low profile but he can’t exactly help it if anywhere he goes someone is probably going to take pictures of him?

How long exactly does he need to keep a low profile for? Can he go on holiday next year? What about the year after that? Would be harsh to say he has to stay at home all summer when all other footballers are off on holiday. I have no doubt the club knows when and where players are going on holiday and if they had an issue it would’ve been brought up with him.

Edited by moore_94
  • Like 2