Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Reg Vardy

Maddison

Big season for Maddison in 2021/22, if he stays injury free he will be on it. The talent is there, he proved that on several spells under Rodgers. He has to be playing as a 10 in a 4-2-3-1 though, if we don't play that then sell him.

• Like 4

6 minutes ago, Ric Flair said:

Big season for Maddison in 2021/22, if he stays injury free he will be on it. The talent is there, he proved that on several spells under Rodgers. He has to be playing as a 10 in a 4-2-3-1 though, if we don't play that then sell him.

Hope he stops ball watching in the centre third.

Despite how frustrating he can be, he is a proper talent. Really want to see him kick on and contribute across a whole season.

Young players will have a dip in form at some point, it is just about how Maddison reacts to it.  If he comes back fitter and hungrier next season, then he can become an even better player, I just hope that he doesn't end up going down the David Bentley route!

21 minutes ago, Le Renard said:

Young players will have a dip in form at some point, it is just about how Maddison reacts to it.  If he comes back fitter and hungrier next season, then he can become an even better player, I just hope that he doesn't end up going down the David Bentley route!

Or the Deli Ali hole

• Like 1

56 minutes ago, Le Renard said:

The thing with Maddison is that he feels like he's only been fully fit for about 3 months out of the last 18.

He was genuinely brilliant during that spell over the winter, but with all these rumours about him not wanting to shoot in case his hip plays up, the bigger worry for me is not how he reacts to it, but whether his recurring injury isn't going to ruin his potential.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

48 minutes ago, foxile5 said:

Gurru991 does so obviously confer age doesn't it? 

Bit petty. Cheer up the Euto’s start tomorrow and we can all laugh at how shit England are. Always a silver lining. Incidentally, mine does confer age - although today I feel like it should read ARM1868. 

13 hours ago, ARM1968 said:

I think it’s supposed to be a little boy dreaming of Wembley and the FA Cup. Quite fitting. Dreams have come true for all of us. 

Speak for yourself.  I dreamt of owning a super yacht with Beyonce as my skipper. 

Dining on roast ox and caviar. 

22 minutes ago, gerrytaggart said:

Speak for yourself.  I dreamt of owning a super yacht with Beyonce as my skipper. 

Dining on roast ox and caviar. 

Sorry mate, thought we all had those things anyway. Blimey, you really are plastic 🤣

• 2 weeks later...
18 hours ago, UniFox21 said:

Really seems to be putting work in abroad. Hopefully a full break and pre-season will help that hip and him return to form 

Just echoing this. If we have a fully fit and hungry madders at the start of the season. We're in for a good 21/22.

Screenshot_20210625-131958_Instagram.jpg

https://www.leicestermercury.co.uk/sport/football/football-news/arsenal-target-james-maddison-heeds-5574205

https://www.instagram.com/p/CQgoXEqKYp6/

Arsenal target James Maddison heeds Brendan Rodgers advice as he trains in Leicester City kit
The attacking midfielder has been working on his fitness in Marbella ahead of the Leicester City squad's return to Seagrave for the start of pre-season training

ByJordan Blackwell
12:59, 25 JUN 2021

James Maddison is working on his game and his fitness as he aims to follow manager Brendan Rodgers' summer instructions.

The attacking midfielder has been videoed training in his Leicester City kit in Marbella, working on his touch, agility and finishing before the squad reconvene at the club’s Seagrave base for pre-season training at the beginning of next month.

Maddison has been in the headlines over recent weeks amid interest from Arsenal. The Gunners are keen on the midfielder, but may not be able to stump up a bid high enough for City to even contemplate selling.

Meanwhile, the 24-year-old will be keen to make a quick start to the new season, something he wasn’t able to do a year ago, when he underwent a summer operation on a hip injury that prevented him from starting games until a few weeks into the campaign.

That hip injury returned and ruled him out for two months from mid-February to mid-April this year, with Maddison then struggling to reach his previous heights over the final few weeks of the campaign.

His late-season form prevented him from clinching a spot in Gareth Southgate’s England squad, with the Three Lions boss hinting that Maddison was still feeling the effects of the hip injury given he had been taken off set-piece duty by City. It was in the act of taking a corner that Maddison aggravated the problem during a victory at Aston Villa in February.

Before the season ended, Rodgers told Maddison to focus solely on his fitness so that he could have a “great summer”.

“The one thing you can control as a football player is your fitness,” Rodgers said in May.

“There are things in the game you cannot control if you’re a player, you can’t control the tactics the manager chooses, what position you play in, but you can control your mentality and your fitness.

“This will be a great summer for him to get back. He’ll be able to get to that level of fitness that’s required, and when he does that, you’ve seen the level he can play his game.

“He'll have an off period, and then he's going to have a really good period to get himself back to the level.

“He can get himself back to that highest level, which he needs to. If you want to compete in this league at the top end, you’ve got to be super fit.”

• Like 2

19 hours ago, UniFox21 said:

Really seems to be putting work in abroad. Hopefully a full break and pre-season will help that hip and him return to form 

Unfortunately his problem is he likes a party way too much. He might be putting the good stuff on social media, he's out there with some party concierge people, am sure it'll be a quiet night in at the library for him....

14 minutes ago, Chocolate Teapot said:

Unfortunately his problem is he likes a party way too much. He might be putting the good stuff on social media, he's out there with some party concierge people, am sure it'll be a quiet night in at the library for him....

I think he's going to be a Dad soon so that might affect his lifestyle some what. 

2 minutes ago, TheUltimateWinner said:

Got a feeling he’s going to have a great season 

He needs one for his career's sake.

• Like 2

30 minutes ago, TheUltimateWinner said:

Got a feeling he’s going to have a great season 

Just came in to post the very same - saw the clubs tweet featuring him (shirt off naturally!) and just thought, he’ll feel he’ll have something to prove and has the character that will want to prove people wrong.

I also think the potential Grealish move might help too… for he is going to have to perform to get himself into that conversation - which he will definitely want.

The only question mark would be whether his body is fully repaired and capable of performing at the top level… but with no summer games for him you’d hope he’s had the time to get himself right.

• Like 2