Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Reg Vardy

Maddison

now I am really worried - a few days ago I suggested he needed a mentor to help him make the right choices off the field and to have  him focus on making the right changes on the field and in the gym.  I see now that this will never work.  He will never reach his potential.  Sad.

Edited by foxinsocks

If we have to sell one player this summer, Maddison is the one I will feel best about losing, as long as the fee is 60million +. 

Tielemans, Ndidi, Fofana, impossible to replace right now. Maddison on his day is brilliant. But he drifts in and out of games too much. Maybe his pre West Ham off the pitch actions hinder my thinking. But I think he is the best asset to sell. 

Use the money from Arsenal, to replace him with 3 talented players, Edouard + Soumare and maybe a RW. Praet and KDH can rotate in replacing Maddison. Still a strong squad for the season. 

23 minutes ago, Unique FC said:

If we have to sell one player this summer, Maddison is the one I will feel best about losing, as long as the fee is 60million +. 

Tielemans, Ndidi, Fofana, impossible to replace right now. Maddison on his day is brilliant. But he drifts in and out of games too much. Maybe his pre West Ham off the pitch actions hinder my thinking. But I think he is the best asset to sell. 

Use the money from Arsenal, to replace him with 3 talented players, Edouard + Soumare and maybe a RW. Praet and KDH can rotate in replacing Maddison. Still a strong squad for the season. 

Nobody in their right mind, during a pandemic, will pay 60+million for an injury hit, under performing player. 

Maybe this time, next year, if he gets on with his job and shows what he's capable of. 

• Like 1

Guest SO1
7 minutes ago, weller54 said:

Wouldn't shed a tear if he went.

You will if he gets healthy and starts banging them in for United. Patience. Next season is huge for him both emotionally and physically. If he goes I want top dollar if I have to watch that crap. We need to be paid if I have to endure the same feelings as watching Chilwell in the Cups last season..

1 hour ago, Sharpe's Fox said:

Why do look they're straight off the set of Fresh Prince of Bel Air? Pair of bams.

Calvert-Lewin and Davies are the worst for it. They're into 'fashion', the variety of which is utterly ridiculous, horrid clothes that people just insist is fashionable. 

7 minutes ago, Wymsey said:

Apparently he has lost confidence in shooting from long-range in case he aggregates his hip injury, even in training.

Interesting, not outrageous either given he doesn't take corners anymore. But serious issue for us and him if at 23/24 he's limiting what he can do

• Sad 1

8 minutes ago, Wymsey said:

Apparently he has lost confidence in shooting from long-range in case he aggregates his hip injury, even in training.

Andy Murray had similar problems and it wiped him out for a year after surgery which involved sanding his hip.