Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Reg Vardy

Maddison

27 minutes ago, StriderHiryu said:

It's character assassination of the highest order. 

I wonder why they have selected him of all people? Leicester is hardly the most glamorous club and Maddison isn't a full fledged international. I'm not really sure what they have to gain from turning public opinion against him. I find it all a bit strange.

They've realised Grealish is actually pretty well-liked by the English public and their character assassination won't stick anymore, so they're moving onto the next tricky English No 10 with a transparent social media presence.

• Like 2

6 minutes ago, moore_94 said:

He could well be trying to keep a low profile but he can’t exactly help it if anywhere he goes someone is probably going to take pictures of him?

How long exactly does he need to keep a low profile for? Can he go on holiday next year? What about the year after that? Would be harsh to say he has to stay at home all summer went all other footballers are off on holiday. I have no doubt the club knows when and where players are going on holiday and if they had an issue it would’ve been brought up with him.

But why is Maddison drawing attention to himself. Is it a vendetta by the press, because I don't see too many of our others stars being pictured in such a way. No doubt they have had holidays, but appear to have kept a low profile. Like I said and perhaps others are right, are the tabloids gunning for him.

Edited by MGLCFC

Late to this.

That's a real hatchet job article. All insinuation and very little substance.  Fairly typical for more than one rag. The article, its framing and narrative are all designed, explicitly, to promote negative connations without any real evidence - dont be conned by single point in time still photos.

He may be a little shit for all I know, but this kind of 'journalism' and article wont convince me of it at all. 

• Like 2

Guest Bert Fill
16 minutes ago, MGLCFC said:

But if this was a one off, then no one would be that bothered, but he's getting a bit of a reputation for pushing the boundaries.

If this is pushing the boundaries, the boundaries are very narrow.

Guest Bert Fill
21 minutes ago, MGLCFC said:

And you are assuming that they are relatives and friends - which is ok. However, looking at all 35 photos, they appear somewhat over friendly relatives.

Like others have said, he needs to keep a low profile after his antics last year - he can't afford to get on the wrong side of Rodgers again.

a) we don’t know who they are

b) it’s none of our business

c) it doesn’t matter

d) it is nothing to do with his work

e) the tabloid press are scum

2 minutes ago, Bert Fill said:

a) we don’t know who they are

b) it’s none of our business

c) it doesn’t matter

d) it is nothing to do with his work

e) the tabloid press are scum

It matters to me if it looks bad on the club I support.

However, I understand that some people are the opinion he's just a lad enjoying himself, whilst his pregnant partner is at home.

So he's genuinely had a laugh and a hug with a bird. 

Is that the limit these days to go full-on crucify mode? 

At least he's not Joel Hughes. Although judging by reactions on here, Maddison appears to have done worse lol

• Like 1