Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
StanSP

Cengiz Signs!

2 hours ago, TrentFox said:

He needs to lose some weight - Under, not Tanner! 

Based on what evidence? He has played a handful of minutes so far and looked pretty good. Just because he isn’t built like Dele Ali  doesn’t mean his game suffers. Different shapes aid different styles, maybe the extra size helps his game so he won’t get pushed off the ball. In this day and age I think this is an awful comment to make.

4 minutes ago, TaggertvsWise said:

Based on what evidence? He has played a handful of minutes so far and looked pretty good. Just because he isn’t built like Dele Ali  doesn’t mean his game suffers. Different shapes aid different styles, maybe the extra size helps his game so he won’t get pushed off the ball. In this day and age I think this is an awful comment to make.

Based on the same evidence as you are drawing from - eyesight. You think he looked great? Excellent. Based on the same evidence, I think he looked overweight. It’s an opinion. It’s okay if you don’t share it.  But I have a suspicion he’ll be slimmer, if he’s still here after the next pre-season. And if you think that’s an ‘awful comment’, you probably shouldn’t read half the threads on here. Or is it a PC reference to fat-shaming? You realise these are elite athletes who are constantly weighed and set specific diets?? Maybe you should contact the club and tell them that it’s okay to be carrying a

few pounds? 

Edited by TrentFox
  • Like 2

34 minutes ago, TrentFox said:

Based on the same evidence as you are drawing from - eyesight. You think he looked great? Excellent. Based on the same evidence, I think he looked overweight. It’s an opinion. It’s okay if you don’t share it.  But I have a suspicion he’ll be slimmer, if he’s still here after the next pre-season. And if you think that’s an ‘awful comment’, you probably shouldn’t read half the threads on here. Or is it a PC reference to fat-shaming? You realise these are elite athletes who are constantly weighed and set specific diets?? Maybe you should contact the club and tell them that it’s okay to be carrying a

few pounds? 

lol wtf is going on.

1 hour ago, TrentFox said:

few pounds? 

Absolutely it’s a fat shaming reference. He performed well so weight shouldn’t be an issue and it is sad that is the only thing you reached for.

• Haha 1

12 minutes ago, Manini said:

Is Tielemans still overweight or is he playing well again? 

haha unreal isn't it. That overweight Rooney hasn't done bad in his career has he.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, HeskeyMuzzy said:

Lmao some people are unbelievable. Guy played like 35 min in his first ever game in PL. Doesnt even know names of his team mates yet. Get a life people

Yeah but it was still his fault that we missed out on 4th place last season. Oh and I'm sure he was responsible for the new training site being delayed too! 

• Like 1

That Maradona was a chunky little fella. A couple of bags up his nose did him the world of good 🤣. He wasn't a bad player. 

Footballers naturally come in all shapes and sizes. As for Under, it's a while since he's had the opportunity, following injury, to fully show what he could do at Roma and also because of the emergence of a certain other player. We can see how hungry Soyuncu is and I don't think his friend will be any different, I think he'll be busting a gut and wanting to grab his opportunity with both hands.

He had just a few minutes in a losing, disjointed underperforming team, yet some expected him to turn into Marhez overnight! He did absolutely fine all things considered.  

There's a lot of talent in there but he needs to be given time and a bit of understanding. I don't know whether he can speak the language but it's a big move for a young lad. New club, new culture, new boss, new friends. I think he could be a little gem and offers something completely different from what we've currently got, he needs a bit of space and time to learn and train under his new coach that's all.

17 hours ago, TaggertvsWise said:

He’s got the Shaqiri build. Nothing wrong with that. 

• Like 1