Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
StanSP

Cengiz Signs!

22 minutes ago, Clever Fox said:

This is embarrassing. How can anyone have an opinion on the lad after a cameo role.

Absolutely agree - too early to judge. But just like Inler, Iborra or Silva there also seems to be this irrational assumption among many on here that he's the second coming before he's even so much as kicked a football in the Premier League. The expectations built up on here are absurd sometimes - based upon very little. I don't expect this signing to amount to much and that he'll offer much more than Ghezzal at this level - despite the that first season at Roma and the promising potential that many pundits speak of. But like his early critics and conversely, those that think he's the next Messiah, I have no basis for that as of yet aside from his recent form and the fact that this is a very challenging league to play in. Time will tell. I hope he settles in quickly and I wish him all the very best. 

39 minutes ago, Clever Fox said:

This is embarrassing. How can anyone have an opinion on the lad after a cameo role.

You can have an opinion on his contribution during his time on the pitch today but that's all.

He tried a few things that didn't come off, But he hasn't played for a while either so you have to make allowances.

So give him time to settle in before crucifying him. 

And people wonder why I have such strong opinions on some of the absolutely moronic posters on FT...

33 minutes ago, JR99 said:

He wasn't great but on his debut in a poor team performance he wanted the ball and wasn't shy. That's the key thing to me, he worked hard and thought forward, I'll judge his ability in coming weeks

Exactly this. He wanted the ball and wanted to take responsibility. That was the most important thing for me. 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, JR99 said:

He wasn't great but on his debut in a poor team performance he wanted the ball and wasn't shy. That's the key thing to me, he worked hard and thought forward, I'll judge his ability in coming weeks

Exactly. To be honest I wasn't following match chat today, but I expected to come on here and read comments saying 'at least he was confident and got stuck straight in'. Even if we had prime Mahrez coming on today, with the way things were going and the brick wall they had put up he would have struggled to make anything happen. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Line-X said:

Absolutely agree - too early to judge. But just like Inler, Iborra or Silva there also seems to be this irrational assumption among many on here that he's the second coming before he's even so much as kicked a football in the Premier League. The expectations built up on here are absurd sometimes - based upon very little. I don't expect this signing to amount to much and that he'll offer much more than Ghezzal at this level - despite the that first season at Roma and the promising potential that many pundits speak of. But like his early critics and conversely, those that think he's the next Messiah, I have no basis for that as of yet aside from his recent form and the fact that this is a very challenging league to play in. Time will tell. I hope he settles in quickly and I wish him all the very best. 

Exactly, I've never seen him play before today. But from the little I've seen he has a quick brain which is something we need.

He also offered himself and tried but then so did Kelechi.

He looks a little over weight which I've no doubt the Science people will sort him out fairly quickly.

Give him time, Never mind those you mentioned. Neither Vardy or Mahrez were great  in their early games.

Brendan has said he believes he can make a player out of him. Which means he's not the finished article.

I'll bet he hasn't even emptied his suit case yet.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Clever Fox said:

Give him time,

Exactly - that's precisely what I'm saying. But there is very little time at this level both on and off the pitch.

To digress slightly, I'm sure that Chilwell will develop into a world class player - let's hope that the Chelsea supporters are more forgiving than our ****wit fanbase and some of the fools on here that took him for granted or failed to comprehend his talent. 

10 minutes ago, Clever Fox said:

Never mind those you mentioned. Neither Vardy or Mahrez were great  in their early games.

They weren't - I was thinking that today. However, they were eased in through The Championship from Fleetwood and Le Havre, as opposed to the pressure and challenge of coming straight into the Premier League from Roma with such high expectations forced upon you.

13 minutes ago, Clever Fox said:

Brendan has said he believes he can make a player out of him. Which means he's not the finished article.

Of course he did, he's just signed him. Puel said much the same about Diabate and Ghezzal. 

I don't think he'll be a great player for us and we'll probably move him on in a few seasons. I have little to base that on and I hope that I am proved wrong - but then similarly I couldn't understand all the hype and excitement surrounding his signing. I do agree though, we must give him a chance. 

Every club has a scapegoat, but at Leicester it's borderline obsessional. The Chilwell thing was and still is utterly pathetic. I'm hoping that upcoming emerging academy players such as Thomas command more respect if they show even half the potential that Ben has. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

3 hours ago, Line-X said:

Exactly - that's precisely what I'm saying. But there is very little time at this level both on and off the pitch.

To digress slightly, I'm sure that Chilwell will develop into a world class player - let's hope that the Chelsea supporters are more forgiving than our ****wit fanbase and some of the fools on here that took him for granted or failed to comprehend his talent. 

They weren't - I was thinking that today. However, they were eased in through The Championship from Fleetwood and Le Havre, as opposed to the pressure and challenge of coming straight into the Premier League from Roma with such high expectations forced upon you.

Of course he did, he's just signed him. Puel said much the same about Diabate and Ghezzal. 

I don't think he'll be a great player for us and we'll probably move him on in a few seasons. I have little to base that on and I hope that I am proved wrong - but then similarly I couldn't understand all the hype and excitement surrounding his signing. I do agree though, we must give him a chance. 

Every club has a scapegoat, but at Leicester it's borderline obsessional. The Chilwell thing was and still is utterly pathetic. I'm hoping that upcoming emerging academy players such as Thomas command more respect if they show even half the potential that Ben has. 

I have been on record several times saying that Chilwell will likely develop into a heckuva player, but unlike some of you I have absolutely no qualms with those who criticized his poor performances with us (and unfortunately there were quite a few of those). 

Ünder was far from our worst player once he came on.  At least he tried to generate something.  It was his first appearance, and he came on in the middle of a dumpster fire for us.  Hard to believe anyone would write him off based on that - but this is FT...

• Like 2

8 hours ago, NaijaFox said:

I have been on record several times saying that Chilwell will likely develop into a heckuva player, but unlike some of you I have absolutely no qualms with those who criticized his poor performances with us (and unfortunately there were quite a few of those). 

I'm not referring to criticism of 'poor performances'. 

However, Leicester fans did get their first glimpse of exciting loan signing Cengiz Under and while it was a difficult debut for the Turkish international there were some glimpses of what he could bring to Rodgers’ attack.

Considering they failed to record a shot on target in a Premier League home game for just the third time since 2003-04, Leicester will be hoping Under can provide additional creative spark, especially as Ayoze Perez continues to stutter. Without the injured pairing of James Maddison and Dennis Praet, Leicester struggle to open up deep defences.

For starters, the 23-year-old Under demonstrated some of his game he showed at Roma. While considered a wide player, he is not an out-and-out winger. The left-footer played mostly on his preferred right side of the attack in the second half against West Ham, but he hovered around the inside channel rather than hugging the touchline. This is what he did repeatedly at Roma, looking to cut inside regularly to allow the overlapping full-back to provide width.

Under likes to play in an inside channel off the right flank, to float between the lines and turn at defences, but he can also play on the left flank and go on the outside of full-backs. Against West Ham on Sunday he did both.

Under, who also gives Rodgers a different option on set pieces having swung a free kick into the box with his left foot during his cameo against West Ham, can also play through the middle, including as a lone striker. At Roma he showed the desire to run in behind defences.

“We saw in his first few days here his quality,” says Rodgers. “He wants to run, run in behind defences and he is direct. I think it’s going to take him a bit of time to get up to speed but you can see once he takes in the ball it gives us that option from the right side with his left foot coming in where he can be more direct and make those passes.

“There’s going to be an adaptation period for him and obviously he needs to get fitter but he’s got quality, we can see that. We’ve seen that at training. The intensity of the games and the way we train is different, but I think that once he gets up his speed physically, he’ll be a really good asset for us especially in those types of games whenever teams are really sat in deep and they’re sunk into their formation.

“We need players who can play in between those lines with high-level technique so he’ll help us in that.”

There may not have been the fans in the ground to give Under the usual rapturous welcome, but there were enough early signs that Under could win over the Leicester supporters and become a crowd favourite.

• Like 1