Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
StanSP

Cengiz Signs!

Under needs to go and we need a new RW player. I've advocated him for a long time and even though his defensive work has improved, it's still crap. His decision making was poor and so were the quality of his passes. He isnt what we need. 

25 minutes ago, jmono84 said:

Was our biggest threat in the game which isn’t saying much if I’m honest. He played crap but he did more in the game then most but was the the lowest rated player?!

Not sure why he gets so much hate on here.

Because others who played badly today have proved themselves in the past. He is always woeful. Weak, overweight, greedy, slow, selfish, petulant. His attitude stinks he thinks he's a big shot but plays like he needs a big shit.

• Haha 3

Just now, Arriba Los Zorros said:

Because others who played badly today have proved themselves in the past. He is always woeful. Weak, overweight, greedy, slow, selfish, petulant. His attitude stinks he thinks he's a big shot but plays like he needs a big shit.

This really tickled me lol

1 minute ago, Arriba Los Zorros said:

Is that how you vote on this?

• Like 1

Pretty much every player was poor over the two legs and it is obviously not all down to him but Cengo had a few very decent chances at 0-0 in both games where he needlessly cut back on to his left when the shot was begging to be hit early with his right. One of those goes in and it's advantage us. Frustrates me to see such one-footed players at this level. One of those players who is lucky his good foot is his left because if it was his right he'd probably be Championship level.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

He takes an extra touch and doesn't identify the easy (but progressive) pass quickly enough. As someone named it he's seeking 'the hollywood' pass. But what most annoyed me was watching Youri run about trying to affect a high press. And Under barely moving out of possession. On top of that. He lost the ball a few times. Through his hands up and made no effort to chase back. 

The all round package is just not strong enough for us. On this matter, I think I'm completely aligned with Brendan now. 

The way he can squeeze past defenders and drive into space is a real talent, but he lacks so much in other important areas of his game. 

Gutted he isn't the player we hoped for and we have to again go back to the drawing board. 

We need a big summer window if we are to keep pushing the traditional big clubs. 

20 minutes ago, Paddy. said:

Pretty much every player was poor over the two legs and it is obviously not all down to him but Cengo had a few very decent chances at 0-0 in both games where he needlessly cut back on to his left when the shot was begging to be hit early with his right. One of those goes in and it's advantage us. Frustrates me to see such one-footed players at this level. One of those players who is lucky his good foot is his left because if it was his right he'd probably be Championship level.

Same could be said for Albrighton tbf

He was bad today but I think it's still too early to think about selling him. I'd like BR to give him more chances in the Prem. Otherwise, you can't really expect him to improve. He needs more games and more minutes to gain the confidence, sharpness and learn better decision making.

.... I reckon I'm having a mare just like Cengiz. We have to buy the lad to sell him first...

It's all Sparta's Slavia's fault ffs

Edited by Chester Dontlie
  • Haha 1

I think it is worth reflecting on Vardy’s, soyuncu’s, jj’s, Barnes etc spells before they became the established players they are. Many people questioned their ability to make the step up. 
However, there is no doubt he has looked decreasingly likely to set the world alight here. Let’s just hope it will click before we need to make a decision. 

• Thanks 1

37 minutes ago, Paddy. said:

Agree with most of this, in tight games you need someone to find the net, Vardy has done it numerous times, Barnes has done it this season, Maddison has too,  but other than at Arsenal Under hasn't really produced anything worthwhile (that I remember anyway). He seems to lose the ball an awful lot too, Maddison does it as well, and he was getting slagged off for it earlier in the season, but when you start producing people don't care, unfortunately for Under he isn't producing atm.

16 minutes ago, FoxinNotts said:

Same could be said for Albrighton tbf

It could be said for a lot of players tonight, not good enough (same for the first leg too), but ultimately we're looking at Under as a 22m player and I don't think he's producing 22m performances at the minute and that's sadly why we won't be signing him in the summer. We'll end up signing someone on a free or someone more unknown and save ourselves 15m in the process, and that'll probably produce better stats than what Under has.

• Like 2