Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
StanSP

Cengiz Signs!

9 minutes ago, Chester Dontlie said:

He was bad today but I think it's still too early to think about selling him. I'd like BR to give him more chances in the Prem. Otherwise, you can't really expect him to improve. He needs more games and more minutes to gain the confidence, sharpness and learn better decision making.

Hope we get a big fee for him

• Haha 1

2 hours ago, Marshall Cockney Fox said:

He takes an extra touch and doesn't identify the easy (but progressive) pass quickly enough. As someone named it he's seeking 'the hollywood' pass. But what most annoyed me was watching Youri run about trying to affect a high press. And Under barely moving out of possession. On top of that. He lost the ball a few times. Through his hands up and made no effort to chase back. 

The all round package is just not strong enough for us. On this matter, I think I'm completely aligned with Brendan now. 

...makes you wonder why Rodgers keeps him on the bench!!!

You would have thought that such an attitude would have been frowned upon and an attempt to eradicate it from his game. Either Ünder is exasperated that he did not get a call regarding pressure on the ball or he is bemoaning the options available. Either situation would come down to not gelling with his teammates in relation to his own style of play. 

For his own benefit he should be looking to get back to basics and build his game back up in line with the people around him. 

Tonight felt as if Rodgers had seen enough and had made up his mind in relation to Ünder. Bringing Tavares on seemed like the ultimate "thank you, we will get in touch ..."

I was really happy with signing him on loan with an option to buy as he was considered one of the best young talents in Europe three seasons a go.

The Slavia game highlighted that he had several chances to shine a bit of quality but kept fluffing his lines. I remember two dead ball kicks as crosses into the area that missed everybody, quality players can hit a blanket more times than not and him overhitting it by 5-10 metres probably means he just doesn't have the quality to deliver it where he wants it. Also a couple of chances to break through but needed to get on his left foot is another few examples.

Quality players can do repetition almost every time. If you hit a 40 yard pass at Mahrez for example he kills that ball dead every time. Under just seems to lack the quality to do what he needs to do. I think we've seen the last of him in a Leicester shirt.

Clearly has ability going forward, yet evidently caught wanting in other areas and ultimately in the Premier League, being 'cute' isn't enough. Played his part in breaking our hoodoo at Arsenal so we'll always have that.

His record at international level is nothing to be sniffed at so I can't imagine he'll struggle to get a decent move in the summer..

I’ve been the Under poster boy and kept the faith. Hard not to think that last night was his big chance and he didn’t take it. I do wonder if we will let him go back now after his loan. I somehow doubt we’ll be taking the option to buy at €34 million euros or whatever it is.

• Like 1

Think the only type of matches he can excel in are ones where we are playing dross and they happen to be open at the back as they're trying to claw back a 2 goal deficit, in other words he could probably turn a 2 nil win to a 4 nil win with a bit of class.

Unless you are Man City or Liverpool last season, I dont see very many circumstances the above would happen.

He is a player that i think would better suit the Spainsh / German leagues but will probably end up in Turkey and be an absolute hero in that league.

He shows flashes of brilliance but not enough for the Premier League. 

He will have a solid career somewhere i'm sure but not sure it will be with us. 

• Like 2

Under is a difficult one. I'll admit, for a while, I was a little dazzled by some of his fleet footwork and his propensity to at least have a pop at goal when in range. He seemed more of a goal threat than both Perez and Iheanacho at that stage (admittedly, Iheanacho was have a little rough patch).

Whilst he's hardly had a decent run in the team, the odd games he's started, he simply hasn't taken his chance. I can't see any way we'll keep him even if Roma half the transfer fee.

Shame, as I was hopeful at the start, but he just hasn't shown enough in the sporadic chances he's had.

16 hours ago, Marshall Cockney Fox said:

He takes an extra touch and doesn't identify the easy (but progressive) pass quickly enough. As someone named it he's seeking 'the hollywood' pass. But what most annoyed me was watching Youri run about trying to affect a high press. And Under barely moving out of possession. On top of that. He lost the ball a few times. Through his hands up and made no effort to chase back. 

The all round package is just not strong enough for us. On this matter, I think I'm completely aligned with Brendan now. 

he was not even trying to get back at one point when he lost the ball should have been sprinting to assist

vardy's reaction to him wasting a chance earlier in the game said it all to me. you can tell when the teammates arent invested in the other player.

disappointing. 

10 minutes ago, Out Foxed said:

he was not even trying to get back at one point when he lost the ball should have been sprinting to assist

vardy's reaction to him wasting a chance earlier in the game said it all to me. you can tell when the teammates arent invested in the other player.

disappointing. 

It was the same in another  game. Under had a great chance to pass the ball back and just aimlessly shot. Luke Thomas, who I presume isn’t part of the clique yet, threw his arms in the air. 

This wasn’t a key first team player, it was a young player just getting into the team. I dread to think what the senior lads think of him! 

Edited by SHANE_
  • Like 1

48 minutes ago, Out Foxed said:

disappointing. 

The most embarrassing thing for me was Albrighton coming all the way across from the left wing to close down their full back whilst he stood and watched. 

• Sad 1

2 hours ago, Out Foxed said:

disappointing. 

I noticed that too. It was more surprising as you would've thought that after 8/9 months of being at this club that he would've and should've been working with vardy on link up play. Granted though that he got one right.

• Like 1

Seems like it's not going to happen here for Cengo. He's got plenty of ability but whether it's been the luck of chances from November through to February in the league but he now just doesn't seem confident or motivated which is annoying. It's probably not motivation but it feels that way, an on loan player who probably senses he isn't going to be staying here and it's effecting him.

He was really poor on Thursday, so frustrating as we badly need him right now to be impacting on games. We have absolutely nothing coming from Albrighton currently, Maddison now injured, Perez injured and in heinous form and not even got Gray to consider as a game changer. 

It possibly only takes one bright spark to spur him on from now until the end of the season but it's more hope than belief.

• Like 4

He started the game brightly, had a couple of half chances but then went missing. But so did everyone else, he's been part of some really poor performances but is that just unlucky? Or have we been poor because he's been in the team.

I don't think it's a lack of effort really, i still think given our other options, if he played 10 straight games, with a decent full back behind him, he would have more goals and assists then anyone else from that right side. 

If he want to sign permanently here he needs to step up when given the chance. So far he hasn't done so often enough. It is starting to look pretty obvious Brendan doesn't really fancy playing his for whatever reason. To be fair the player is in a difficult position mentally. We're fast approaching the end of the season, he hasn't had a huge amount of playing time and is uncertain regarding his future. None of this makes for a settled happy incentivsed player who may well already be thinking I don't have a future here.

1 hour ago, RowlattsFox said:

He started the game brightly, had a couple of half chances but then went missing. But so did everyone else, he's been part of some really poor performances but is that just unlucky? Or have we been poor because he's been in the team.

I don't think it's a lack of effort really, i still think given our other options, if he played 10 straight games, with a decent full back behind him, he would have more goals and assists then anyone else from that right side. 

Thank goodness for some more balanced posts on Under.  He often hasn't been played under the easiest of circumstances e.g. when the team has been misfiring and/or a poor formation.  But one thing pointed out above is disappointing - his very rare interchanging of passes with Vardy and the other attackers.  I thought that with his nifty footwork, and one or two clips seen of him, that he would be able to meld in quite quickly with that aspect of our attacking play, but he has on only rare occasions.  It's a shame, because our attacking can be explosive when we manage the quick interpassing around the penalty area.

I live in hope that he'll still be given a few chances, and that it will suddenly happen for him and the team (ever the optimist), but I have to admit that my hopes are fading.

1 hour ago, reynard said:

If he want to sign permanently here he needs to step up when given the chance. So far he hasn't done so often enough. It is starting to look pretty obvious Brendan doesn't really fancy playing his for whatever reason. To be fair the player is in a difficult position mentally. We're fast approaching the end of the season, he hasn't had a huge amount of playing time and is uncertain regarding his future. None of this makes for a settled happy incentivsed player who may well already be thinking I don't have a future here.

There's no way we're signing him on a permanent contract it's obvious that BR doesn't rate him and he's only getting a look in now due to the injuries we have.

Is the fee around £26m?..

That's a joke for what he's shown and produced when given a chance.

Bin.